bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He's going to the HoF and made millions and million of dollars.

His career wasnt "wasted"

Every player that plays the game knows they might never win a ring.

Ring? He couldn't even win a divisional game. Maybe his career wasn't wasted, but it's certainly incomplete.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Both those guys got paid tons of money to play a game for a living. Both players had good careers.

I hate Garrett and he needed to be replaced years ago, but it's honestly gay as fucking hell to keep saying "Garrett wasted so and so's career"

You know what, if they didn't want to play for him they could have simply not signed contract extensions. They could have went to Jerry and complain about Garrett and gave him ultimatums. Both guy's voice carried huge weight with Jones.

Neither did anything about it. They gladly took those checks from Jerry and showed up to play.

Garrett buffaloed them just like he has Jerry and Stephen. They were buddies. Garrett talked the talk with them. Then Romo found out what Garrett is really like when he lost his job to Dak. Notice Romo has never praised Garrett at any time from the booth. The only thing I remember him saying at all about Red is that he isnt and X's and O's guy but a chemistry guy. Praising Garrett for one thing but saying a whole lot in only praising him for that ONE thing.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You heard it here first. Someone be sure to mention on CZ that Rynie already dropped that news.

I just replied to a post by Fuzzy saying the press conference is tomorrow, there's gonna be hell to pay if you're wrong

LOL not really, fuzzy will just kill some keystrokes proclaiming a hollow internet "victory"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Point taken, but with the talent, any real coach could have gotten witten a ring.
But.... We really haven't had any greater talent than most other teams in the league.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But we've had good enough talent to accomplish more than we have.
That's debatable. 2007 is a good example. 13-3 and world-beater looking. Then our all-pro QB shits the fucking bed bigtime.

Just stop. We weren't worth a shit obtaining talent back then and have only just started getting a partial clue. We've only just now after 20 years started getting the most modicum rudiments of the salary cap down. We have NOT had any better talent than the rest of the league, overall.

Which of course and like I've always said, puts the premium on coaching. Which we haven't had either.

It's a wash.

This nonsense of "we've had the talent to wiiiiin it alllll" is just infantile. No, we haven't. And I of course grant, we haven't had the coaching either.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
That's debatable. 2007 is a good example. 13-3 and world-beater looking. Then our all-pro QB shits the fucking bed bigtime.

Just stop. We weren't worth a shit obtaining talent back then and have only just started getting a partial clue. We've only just now after 20 years started getting the most modicum rudiments of the salary cap down. We have NOT had any better talent than the rest of the league, overall.

Which of course and like I've always said, puts the premium on coaching. Which we haven't had either.

It's a wash.

This nonsense of "we've had the talent to wiiiiin it alllll" is just infantile. No, we haven't. And I of course grant, we haven't had the coaching either.

Two 13-3 teams that didnt advance is under performing. Three straight 8-8's and all they needed to do was win the alst game and in the playoffs and 0 for 3 on that. I think a decent coach does more with all of those teams.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Two 13-3 teams that didnt advance is under performing. Three straight 8-8's and all they needed to do was win the alst game and in the playoffs and 0 for 3 on that. I think a decent coach does more with all of those teams.
Maybe. Then again, those 13-3's were an illusion. Result of average talent vs. a last place schedule. Then shits the bed in the playoffs. The 8-8 results merely reflect exactly what the talent was. And still is.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Maybe. Then again, those 13-3's were an illusion. Result of average talent vs. a last place schedule. Then shits the bed in the playoffs. The 8-8 results merely reflect exactly what the talent was. And still is.

However you slice it, bottom line, Garrett doesnt do a thing to give the team any advantage. If he's a difference maker its only in making a negative difference.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
However you slice it, bottom line, Garrett doesnt do a thing to give the team any advantage. If he's a difference maker its only in making a negative difference.

No argument here. But at the same time we truly must acknowledge our talent is average or only slightly above.

Which again, puts a premium on coaching.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Point taken, but with the talent, any real coach could have gotten witten a ring. Like, any decent coach. They don't even have to be a HOF coach, just better than Garrett.

I read it here numerous times that we didn't have enough talent to win championships because Jones was a lousy GM.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
75f1186ba268699bbe47b18000c5070c.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Rynie

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rynie sourced up like a boss

He still has a ways to go to get to sdogo, hos or couchscout territory though

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Someone go to the Zone and tell those faggs they're late to the news. Haha.

I told y'all.

Top Bottom