theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ex-Cowboys safety Matt Johnson

"Learned so many life lessons from that man in just 3 years," said Johnson, who spent 2012-14 with the Cowboys. "Sometimes it would just be us two warming up in the whirlpool before workouts and the amount of time and energy he put into me, giving me tips and tricks and ways to better myself, I'll never forget it.

"I hadn't done a single thing to help him reach his ultimate goal of winning a super bowl but here he was helping me become a better man and player."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason failed you, Matt.

Wait, wut? Isnt that the same guy that injured himself running in a straight line down the field in pre season game versus the Raiders never to be heard from again? Um not really clear why we would be hearing from this bum on this occasion or giving a shit what he says. Whats next? Steve Pelluer tweeting about how he looked up to Staubach?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I just replied to a post by Fuzzy saying the press conference is tomorrow, there's gonna be hell to pay if you're wrong

LOL not really, fuzzy will just kill some keystrokes proclaiming a hollow internet "victory"

Did that coward say anything after the news broke? Why are you such a bitch, Fuzzy? I know you see this.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
he's 110% expendable now.

How was he not 150% expendable after the Atlanta fiasco? That's one of the many problems with this organization, they jeri thinks they can atta-boy these guys into being quality starters.

They don't see the value in getting rid of guys like this both for the roster spot but also for the message it sends the team.

As it is, the message I hear is you can completely shit the bed and jeri, et al will hold on for dear life in case that lotto ticket comes through one day but they never do

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did that coward say anything after the news broke? Why are you such a bitch, Fuzzy? I know you see this.

of course not

in his defense, he was probably too distracted arguing with someone over some inane topic

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bill Parcells offers ultimate praise for Jason Witten

Steven Taranto

In his time in the National Football League, Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells coached some of the very best who have ever come through the league.

Lawrence Taylor. Harry Carson. Carls Banks. Phil Simms. Mark Bavaro. Curtis Martin. Tedy Bruschi. Kevin Mawae.

Now, yet another player Parcells coached has put together a career that puts him in company with some of his very best.

After Jason Witten announced Thursday that he would bring his playing career to an end, Parcells offered his thoughts on a player who began his retirement press conference by recounting a story of how Parcells has stressed to him the value of durability and dependability after he suffered a broken jaw in his rookie year.

"Jason Witten is what pro football is supposed to be about," said Parcells in a report by Todd Archer of ESPN. "He came to the Cowboys, got himself established very early, maximized his potential as a player and sustained very, very good play for an exceptionally long period of time and made a significant contribution to the team every year.

"Now he’s transitioning to another career by virtue of his reputation and his affiliation with the Cowboys and the success he has had. That’s what pro football is supposed to be."

Witten, who only missed one game in his entire career due to the aforementioned broken jaw, now stands out among the best tight ends Parcells ever coached: A group headlined by Mark Bavaro, Parcells' tough-as-nails tight end on his Super Bowl XXI and XXV-winning New York Giants that once famously carried Hall of Fame safety Ronnie Lott and most of the San Francisco 49ers defense on his back as he fought for yards after a catch. Parcells also singled out Russ Francis, Ben Coates, and Don Hasselbeck at the position.

Are you a Cowboys fan on the ledge after Dez Bryant and Jason Witten left? Don't worry: Patrik Walker of 247 Sports joined Will Brinson on the Pick Six Podcast to explain why it's all good in Dallas. Want a 30-minutes-ish, daily dose of football in your podcast app inbox by 6 a.m. to get you through that commute or gym trip? Subscribe: via iTunes | via Stitcher | via TuneIn | via Google Play

Parcells, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2013, believes that Witten will soon join him there: An honor that Bavaro has yet to receive, as his career was cut short due to injuries.

"I don’t think there’s much doubt he’s going to wind up in [The Hall of Fame]," said Parcells. "His credentials are certainly worthy."

Parcells coached Witten for four seasons, as he came out of retirement to coach the Cowboys in 2003 until retiring from coaching for good at the end of the 2006 season. The Cowboys made the playoffs under Parcells twice.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
That thread wasn't about the exact date and circumstances including the press conference. This one was - and fully 24 hours before it was announced.

Oh...okay.

Great Scoop !! :tiphat

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
oh.....

Top Bottom