dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The idiots on Undisputed say we should fork over a 2 and a 5. Um, no.

I'd hate to give up a 2, but I would definitely do a couple of mid round picks (maybe 3rd in 2019 and 3rd or 4th in 2020)

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The idiots on DCU say we should fork over two 3rd's. Um, no.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Unless trading for Earl guarantees the Cowboys make it to the SB then there is no way in hell I’d give up a draft pick for him in a trade, especially not a premium pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Unless trading for Earl guarantees the Cowboys make it to the SB then there is no way in hell I’d give up a draft pick for him in a trade, especially not a premium pick.

No move ever guarantees a super bowl for any team, so are you of the belief a team should never make a move?

Stupid thinking.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was going to take a new profile pic wearing a custom earl thomas jersey and a big foam cowboy hat but now you are gving me second thoughts

You forgot the foam finger, but seeing as how you are a member of DCU, I got a feeling I know what finger it would be.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We'll see he seems dug in just like Seattle management is. He probably doesn't want to play for a massive rebuilding effort and probably knows Peter Carroll is a short timer as well. He loved Kris Richard and he's gone.

He only has to report for the last 6 or so games IIRC to count this as a year of service.

So his logic is, if you are going to rebuild it may as well be close to home?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No move ever guarantees a super bowl for any team, so are you of the belief a team should never make a move?

Stupid thinking.

No, but I’m not of the the belief a team should be giving away premium picks for a player that would not make any real difference. That’s stupid thinking.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No, but I’m not of the the belief a team should be giving away premium picks for a player that would not make any real difference. That’s stupid thinking.

And it's also a straw argument, since nobody ever said not even in code, that we should "never make a move."

This particular move has got to come down in price and assets (draft pick) in order to make any sense.

Nobody in this thread doesn't want Thomas and we all know he has been a great player. That's not the argument either.

The fucking argument was and is, does his potential impact for our team equal or outweigh the cost. And I say no.

When the ask comes down my interest goes up. I'm not against dbair's pair of thirds proposal, for example. If you can get Seattle to agree to something like that then it's only a matter of the money demands of the player.

Now, IF we really were close and needed that one hole filled, higher cost makes more sense. Maybe even what they're asking. But we are NOT close and we have lots of holes to fill.

It would be great if we could get a deal done this year, but not for what they're demanding.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

LOL, Earl Thomas, probably the premier FS in all of the NFL wouldn't make a difference? Talk about being retarded.

Looks like you have been hanging out with Rico Gathers and his posse too much.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If ET makes it on this team he will make a bigger impact than any of KR’s guys.

He takes this group from suspect/possibly good to a serious threat instantly IMO

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Premium picks? What, a 2nd? You think we can draft Earl Thomas with a 2nd? Maybe, but I wouldn't put money on it.

A single player doesn't make a difference, it's the accumulation of impact players on D that does. Sort of like Haley on the '92 Cowboys, an already good defense. He makes a real difference on the Cowboys and 49ers, but wouldn't make any difference on the Jets or Bengals in '92.

The Cowboys this year appear to have put a pretty good D together. Earl Thomas could be an extra piece that makes them even better on D. But my personal opinion is that Earl Thomas will not be a Cowboy for several reasons. One, he would have been here by now. Secondly, I do not believe the Cowboys front office thinks they can compete for a championship this year.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score