bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know who's crazier, them or us. No way he's worth a second, and no way they should be turning down a second. Typical of Jerry to panic like this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know who's crazier, them or us. No way he's worth a second, and no way they should be turning down a second. Typical of Jerry to panic like this.

He'd have been worth the 2nd if he continues his all-pro level of play, especially at a position that has been a weak spot for us for a long time.

Still, he's 29 and in addition to the draft pick comp you had to pay the guy huge dollars too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember once upon a time when John Schneider, Peter Carroll and their entire FO was the toast of the league?

They've made bad trades and bad draft picks year after year after year since that Super Bowl win.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He's better than Thomas Everett ever was, but he's not the missing piece like Everett. We ain't on the brink of greatness like the '92 team.

MI Cowboy Fan

Spectator
Reaction score
Just read on ESPN that Thomas is reporting to the Seahawks, no more trade talk, at least this year...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Tend to agree with your sentiment here but fuck instead of playing chicken just drop the 2nd, let's get ET and move on!!!!
I still believe his leadership would be huge back there and it now gives us a premier player at that level of the field
I'm in on giving a 2nd for a proven commodity rather than guess if that 2nd rounder might pan out
$69M in cap space next year and with Bailey gone $15M available now
The money is there but our FO got their bluff called instead and yes now they are in catch up mode and will have to offer even more

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Tend to agree with your sentiment here but fuck instead of playing chicken just drop the 2nd, let's get ET and move on!!!!
I still believe his leadership would be huge back there and it now gives us a premier player at that level of the field
I'm in on giving a 2nd for a proven commodity rather than guess if that 2nd rounder might pan out
$69M in cap space next year and with Bailey gone $15M available now
The money is there but our FO got their bluff called instead and yes now they are in catch up mode and will have to offer even more

Seattle already turned down a 2nd from the Cowboys for Earl. They appear to want at least a 1st round pick. Personally I think a 2nd is too high. I’d rather keep the pick and see what Xavier Woods has this year. Then if they want Earl that bad sign him in FA.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's better than Thomas Everett ever was, but he's not the missing piece like Everett. We ain't on the brink of greatness like the '92 team.

Everett was a good get that yr, but we'd have won those Super Bowls without him either time.

Charles Haley was really the biggest piece, but as Dooms and others have noted I believe it was a combination of moves (not just ONE move) that put us over the top that year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seattle already turned down a 2nd from the Cowboys for Earl. They appear to want at least a 1st round pick. Personally I think a 2nd is too high. I’d rather keep the pick and see what Xavier Woods has this year. Then if they want Earl that bad sign him in FA.

I wouldn't give up the 1st, I would consider the 2nd though especially considering the cap problems with keeping guys like Lawrence after this year.

I'd rather trade them a pair of 3rds or something instead of a 1 or 2 though.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Everett was a good get that yr, but we'd have won those Super Bowls without him either time.

Charles Haley was really the biggest piece, but as Dooms and others have noted I believe it was a combination of moves (not just ONE move) that put us over the top that year.

don't overlook Fishback and Toast Patterson either

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

That's where the smarter money is. Sign him next offseason if he gets through this season undamaged.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At this point it doesn’t matter

We offered them a 2nd round pick for ET today and they turned it down. Which is what they originally wanted in the first place.

Now they won’t consider anything other than a 1st. And there is no way way Jeruh gives up a 1st for him.

So he plays this year in Seattle under protest and becomes a FA next season. Where he will again be out of our price range with all of our own guys we need to resign.

Consider the ET situation closed unless we get creative and package the 2nd round pick with a player or later round pick. Otherwise it’s not happening

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
fair point

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
if they're stupid enough to offer a second rounder again after being jerked around, I'm gonna cut dbair's balls off

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They want more than a 2nd? Dallas needs to cut off negotiations with them at this point. If need be Dallas can draft a Safety first round in 2019 if a good one is available. We should be drafting somewhere around 16?

Top Bottom