Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jason is getting out while the getting is good. No good can come from him playing another year with an amateur coaching staff and an inaccurate QB.

Beasley told my boy a few minutes ago if Garrett is still here next season, he is gone. Lol.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Beasley told my boy a few minutes ago if Garrett is still here next season, he is gone. Lol.

Good, Beasley needs to be gone.

Was honestly hoping he'd be gone today via trade. Ultimately he might end up released.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If anything I expected them to keep Switzer as a younger cheaper option and cut or trade Beasley

So the Switzer trade surprises me. He must have lost the confidence of the coaches for some reason. Or he’s an asshole in the locker room. But from the all or nothing he seems to get along with ppl, Especially Dak. He seems to be one of the first ppl Dak celebrates with when he hits the sidelines.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Witten was a great one for sure and will be a first ballot HOF, but man, cant say I would have him above Aikman or Staubach, or Randy White or Lilly, or Emmitt, or Irvin or Larry Allen.

I think top-10 might be debatable, but he isn't top-5 IMO

Damn dbair, we just agreed on something. Witten was great and will be a 1st ballot HoF'er but he's not top 5. Maybe top 10. I think to be top 5 you have to have been a SB contributor.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So the Switzer trade surprises me. He must have lost the confidence of the coaches for some reason. Or he’s an asshole in the locker room.
Just based on some of the misques he made last year I think his IQ is somewhere in the double digit range. I thought they'd give him another year though.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Found out last week we are having a boy. We are naming him Witten.

No, I am not lying.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
You got Staubach and Lilly two of the 50 NFL GOATS. So that leaves three spots. Emmitt has to have one. Comes down to picking two from Irvin, Aikman and Witten. I think on stats alone Witten has to make the cut. So who doesnt make the cut, Troy or Michael?

Thats a tough one

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Witten was a great one for sure and will be a first ballot HOF, but man, cant say I would have him above Aikman or Staubach, or Randy White or Lilly, or Emmitt, or Irvin or Larry Allen.

I think top-10 might be debatable, but he isn't top-5 IMO

We've had some greats for sure. And in the top 10 for Cowboys is nothing to be ashamed of.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If anything I expected them to keep Switzer as a younger cheaper option and cut or trade Beasley

So the Switzer trade surprises me. He must have lost the confidence of the coaches for some reason. Or he’s an asshole in the locker room. But from the all or nothing he seems to get along with ppl, Especially Dak. He seems to be one of the first ppl Dak celebrates with when he hits the sidelines.
Obviously Rich Bisaccia really likes him and had no problems with him. Enough to tell Gruden to bring him to Oakland. So I don't think there was any character issues there. He was just kind of surplus to requirements once they'd acquired Austin. And the FO got a DT in return that they really liked coming out of college a couple of years ago in Ward.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Regardless, I still expect Time Clock Mngt. issues with Garrett. He will still find a way to lose. :facepalm

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Garrett is already getting his "why I failed and deserve another chance talking points" ready for Jerry.

Garrett has Jerry beat at his own game. Red is a bigger BSer than Jerry and Jerry buys it all. Jerry's even following Red's lead with comments like the "clarity" comment.

Top Bottom