bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Mortensen looked and sounded like death warmed over last night. Poor guy. As for Jason, it was time.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Probably the correct decision all round. Wish him the best. Great player in his prime but that was several years ago. Goedert in the 2nd round?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
As for Jason, it was time.
Yep. End of an era.

Our depth chart for TEs isn't worth a fuck. Probably now we will be reaching for one in the 2nd round of the draft. That is if they have eyes and realize Rico ain't the answer.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It is certainly out with the old and in with the new!

Romo, Dez, Witten, the entire legion of boobs.

Maybe a complete revamp of the teams of the past is what is needed. We shall see. Although, nothing will change at all until we change the head coach.

The only real old timer still around nowadays that matters is Sean Lee who has never played an entire season in his career

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Still have time to draft his replacement today. BTW he knows this team is headed nowhere this year, so yeah it was time.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Did he stand on that stage last night with Troy and Roger, knowing that in less than 14 hours he was gonna hang up the cleats?

Orrrrrrr... Did the rather mediocre 1st round pick tip his decider scales?

Did something happen last night that made up his mind for him? Otherwise why not announce this like, two weeks ago or something?

The timing seems hinky.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Probably the correct decision all round. Wish him the best. Great player in his prime but that was several years ago. Goedert in the 2nd round?

That’s who I think they should go after. They are going to have to trade up though if they want him.

As for Witten, he was great when he was younger but he’s also been a total progress stopper for any young TE coming through Dallas.

Good or bad I’m just glad we won’t have to watch Dak trying for force feed the ball to Dez and Jason for most of the game. Just throw to the open guy.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Did he stand on that stage last night with Troy and Roger, knowing that in less than 14 hours he was gonna hang up the cleats?

Did something happen last night that made up his mind for him? Otherwise why not announce this like, two weeks ago or something?

The timing seems hinky.

I think he was shocked he got offered the MNF gig and jumped all over it as soon as it was offered. Especially considering the report that came out was that he totally bombed the audition. He knew it was likely his only chance to land a sweet gig like that.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

The timing seems hinky.

Agree he didnt just wake this morning with a plumb job offer. He has known for weeks. I think last night was a favor to the organization.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Agree he didnt just wake this morning with a plumb job offer. He has known for weeks. I think last night was a favor to the organization.

Again I don’t think he thought he was getting the job. The report that I read was that he totally bombed the audition. When he woke up this morning and they saw that they offered him the job he jumped all over it.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Again I don’t think he thought he was getting the job. The report that I read was that he totally bombed the audition. When he woke up this morning and they saw that they offered him the job he jumped all over it.

No the report was Favre bombed the audition. One of the local Dallas radio guys also said he has known for weeks FWIW.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Stephen Jones tells @1053thefan that reports of @dallascowboys all-time receptions leader Jason Witten retiring to become NFL broadcaster is “news to us” but also that Jerry is getting set to meet with Witten. #DallasCowboys
— KristiCowboySideline (@KristiCowboy) April 27, 2018

408Cowboy

Spectator
Reaction score
Stephen Jones tells @1053thefan that reports of @dallascowboys all-time receptions leader Jason Witten retiring to become NFL broadcaster is “news to us” but also that Jerry is getting set to meet with Witten. #DallasCowboys
— KristiCowboySideline (@KristiCowboy) April 27, 2018

And he restructured

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And he restructured
Yeah he probably forfiets that guarantee, that up-front money but ESPN probably covers that for Jason.

There's really no question now, that this was a sudden decision the Cowboys FO wasn't in on.

I wonder what happened last night, to change Witten's mind. Everything pointed to his going forward with us this year, then suddenly BAM. He's gone.

Top Bottom