dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
NFL moves up starting times for prime-time games

By Around The NFL staff NFL.com
Published: April 18, 2018 at 06:07 p.m.
Updated: April 18, 2018 at 06:25 p.m.

The times are a'changing -- and we'll see that reflected in the start times of prime-time games this season.

There will be earlier start times for games on Monday, Thursday and Sunday nights, a league source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport on Wednesday.

Monday Night Football will move up from 8:30 p.m. ET to 8:15 p.m. ET and Thursday Night Football will move from an 8:25 p.m. start to 8:20 p.m. Sunday Night Football moves up from 8:30 p.m. to 8:20 p.m.

FOX Sports and NFL Network will simulcast Thursday Night Football games this season. ESPN will continue to broadcast Monday Night Football and NBC will carry Sunday Night Football broadcasts.

The NFL will release the 2018 regular-season schedule Thursday at 8 p.m. ET on NFL Network

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Meh...

Whatever, but I don't think the start times are the issue here.

If start times are an issue bumping them 5 -15 minutes earlier isnt going to make any real difference.

If I stay up to watch a Thursday night game is going to bed 10 minutes earlier gonna make any real difference?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They actually think 15 minutes here, five minutes there is the reason the ratings have tanked?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Probably has more to do with atrocious QB and OL play, along with most rosters being so thin that one key injury and your team is out of it before mid October. Then there is the whole "only a handful of teams really have a shot to begin with".

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Probably has more to do with atrocious QB and OL play, along with most rosters being so thin that one key injury and your team is out of it before mid October. Then there is the whole "only a handful of teams really have a shot to begin with".
If this is the case, changing the start times of the broadcasts will do absolutely nothing to help that.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
They actually think 15 minutes here, five minutes there is the reason the ratings have tanked?

I would say no because they appear to be in denial about the ratings decline and the reasons for it.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Only upside I see is 15 less minutes of pregame, which in some cases is a bonus for us.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Any stated reason? Because had I not read it here or anywhere else, I wouldn't have noticed the change

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
SNF is brutal for us East Coasters. Dallas games are the only ones I stay up for in their entirety.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Gee, I hope they cut out the part on SNF where Dungy and Harrison are talking.

Top Bottom