Reaction score
Zordon is catching some shit at the zone for daring to notice this thing we call the physical world. He posted a pic that shows a Zeke about 15 to 20 pounds over weight. He did the same last year, and was clearly out of shape until about week 3 or 4. Naturally, Zordon is getting dog-piled by the homers.

But he has a point. This is becoming a trend with a Zeke who eats too much, and is overweight in the off season. The guy is a tremendous talent, but I now question whether he has an Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Randy White, Troy Aikman level of dedication.

Emmitt Smith was never out of shape or overweight that I ever saw during his career with Dallas. He was always carved out of stone physique wise, and I believe that is why he recovered from injuries far better than most players.

This could also be another symptom of the Country Club Cowboys where there is no real accountability so players don't feel compelled to continue to train and diet properly in the off season so that they can show up to camp in shape, and be ready to go 100% so as to not waste too much time on conditioning. Less need for conditioning equals more time working on drills, plays, etc.

Zeke has all time potential, but he will only realize that potential with a dedication level that matched the previous generation such as the players I already mentioned. His eating habits are an indication that he doesn't take this as serious as he needs to be, and is relying upon raw athletic talent.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Giving him a second contract is not an option IMO, and I dont care if he is on a HOF track. I'd hate to think of the shape he'd been in if he really got paid.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well we clearly know he doesn’t have the dedication that is needed. Just look at the trouble he has been in so far. The DV accusations( yes he was never charged/convicted but he put himself in a position to be accused by the gold digging hoe bag skank in the first place)

Then he gets into a bar fight “allegedly”

Then he gets caught on video lifting up a girls shirt at a Mardi Gras party while he’s on the roof in clear view of everyone there

Needless to say he’s not the smartest. He’s a knucklehead who shows that he is dedicated to having fun in the off season, and not dedicated to staying in shape and eating right

He’s a ticking time bomb of a knucklehead who Jeruh is going to have to chase around with his check book every year just to keep his ass out of the news and out of trouble

But damn can he run when he’s in shape!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Zordon is catching some shit at the zone for daring to notice this thing we call the physical world. He posted a pic that shows a Zeke about 15 to 20 pounds over weight. He did the same last year, and was clearly out of shape until about week 3 or 4. Naturally, Zordon is getting dog-piled by the homers.

But he has a point. This is becoming a trend with a Zeke who eats too much, and is overweight in the off season. The guy is a tremendous talent, but I now question whether he has an Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Randy White, Troy Aikman level of dedication.

Emmitt Smith was never out of shape or overweight that I ever saw during his career with Dallas. He was always carved out of stone physique wise, and I believe that is why he recovered from injuries far better than most players.

This could also be another symptom of the Country Club Cowboys where there is no real accountability so players don't feel compelled to continue to train and diet properly in the off season so that they can show up to camp in shape, and be ready to go 100% so as to not waste too much time on conditioning. Less need for conditioning equals more time working on drills, plays, etc.

Zeke has all time potential, but he will only realize that potential with a dedication level that matched the previous generation such as the players I already mentioned. His eating habits are an indication that he doesn't take this as serious as he needs to be, and is relying upon raw athletic talent.

Good post and completely agree. The red flags started last season when the idiot showed up out of shape. He lacked the stamina, burst and wiggle in his game and it showed early on. Any real coach would have benched his ass until he got into shape. It's a country club for sure. Everyone knows that they won't be benched or held accountable unless they don't wear a suit on the plane to away games. God I hate Garrett and Jerry.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good post and completely agree. The red flags started last season when the idiot showed up out of shape. He lacked the stamina, burst and wiggle in his game and it showed early on. Any real coach would have benched his ass until he got into shape. It's a country club for sure. Everyone knows that they won't be benched or held accountable unless they don't wear a suit on the plane to away games. God I hate Garrett and Jerry.

well garrett always creatively designs a new technique to help his players in football and in life

this year its the word accountability printed boldly & all caps across a 22" x 28" poster board (you can get a 10 pack white poster board at staples for $7 and you might be able to have it printed there too)

and if garrett doesnt put 1 of EACH of his posters above zeke's locker to look up to his words of wisdom and help coach him up into being a true rkg, then i truly truly wonder what this whole process has been about...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I have no idea whether he is or isn't in good shape, but weren't there pics (legit pics too) posted recently of him on vacation with all the OL? Did he look out of shape in those?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
There was a pic of him last year, maybe a twitter pic, of him with his carry on bag for a road trip and he had several bags of chips for the flight. I love chips myself but Im not a pro athlete who should be in shape. Chips alone arent a problem but its the totality of everything with this knucklehead.

Top Bottom