Reaction score
I mean this both metaphorically, and, amazingly enough, for real.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's funny more than anything else. I guess they went to a family wedding or something.

It's 2018, it wouldn't make that much difference in actually getting anything done if they wanted to.

By my count, it sounds like they tried to sign Watkins (and didn't) and may have tried to trade for Earl Thomas (and obviously the asking price is too much if reports are accurate.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
On the one hand, I'm glad they didn't throw insane money at average players. On the other hand, they learned nothing from what Philly did last year--acquiring a slew of players via FA or trades for very little money.

Reaction score
It's funny more than anything else. I guess they went to a family wedding or something.

It's 2018, it wouldn't make that much difference in actually getting anything done if they wanted to.

By my count, it sounds like they tried to sign Watkins (and didn't) and may have tried to trade for Earl Thomas (and obviously the asking price is too much if reports are accurate.

Did any other GM in the league have a personal family scheduling conflict with the first week of free agency?

Was any other GM in the league in the Bahamas the first week of free agency?

Can you list any other time in your own history of following the NFL that a GM not named Jerry Jones was on vacation for the first week of free agency?

Like I said, we have a LARPer at GM who doesn't even care to put effort into pretending to be a GM. Nobody can fire him so why should he give a fuck?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. At least Jerry hasnt thrown away stupid $$$ on a stupid deal.

And does it really matter where Jerry is? The last time I was in the Bahamas they had telecommunications. The perception is certainly the worst part of it all.

And with our dumpster diving approach to FA this week wont matter to the Jones football men.

Reaction score
Look on the bright side. At least Jerry hasnt thrown away stupid $$$ on a stupid deal.

And does it really matter where Jerry is? The last time I was in the Bahamas they had telecommunications. The perception is certainly the worst part of it all.

And with our dumpster diving approach to FA this week wont matter to the Jones football men.

I would concede the point if you could just name me one other NFL GM that is currently on vacation. Otherwise, you sound like the homers at CZ who will gobble up any old shit sandwich that Jerry feeds them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Our GM Decided to go on Vacation for Free Agency
Maytag repairman, he has a pat hand. Just one or two plays away from winning that Lombardi, why not catch some fun in the sun!
I would concede the point if you could just name me one other NFL GM that is currently on vacation.
None of the others have the pat hand Jerruh thinks he has!

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I would concede the point if you could just name me one other NFL GM that is currently on vacation. Otherwise, you sound like the homers at CZ who will gobble up any old shit sandwich that Jerry feeds them.

Im not a homer. Im just saying that Jerry being a lousy GM isnt because he's in the Bahamas. Being in the Bahamas is way down on the list.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Did any other GM in the league have a personal family scheduling conflict with the first week of free agency?

Was any other GM in the league in the Bahamas the first week of free agency?

I have no idea, do you? If so let me know how you found out.

Can you list any other time in your own history of following the NFL that a GM not named Jerry Jones was on vacation for the first week of free agency?

See above.

Like I said, we have a LARPer at GM who doesn't even care to put effort into pretending to be a GM. Nobody can fire him so why should he give a fuck?

Jerry not being around is probably a good thing, something we've all acknowledged over the years. Why anyone would complain if he is out for lunch is beyond me. We all know he isn't a real GM.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Do you know for sure all 31 other "GM's" are in the office?

Shit dude, they have this amazing stuff now called emails, cell phones, text messages, WebX's, Gotomeeting.com etc etc

OmerV

Spectator
Reaction score
Has he been on vacation the entirety of free agency? If not, the headline is misleading, and if so, we have managed to make deals anyway. It is a modern world, and there really isn't any business that can't be done remotely. Much of free agency is winding down anyway as the draft approaches, and I have no doubt McClay and others are continuing to work on the draft board.

Besides, maybe this means Jerry is giving more responsibility to Stephen, which I don't think would be a bad thing. Not that I'm convinced he would be a great GM, but I believe he would be better than Jerry.

Top Bottom