Corso

Spectator
Reaction score
Honest question. Can you name even one player under Garrett that has seemed to step up his game with the Red tutelage?

Moore went from loser backup QB with a build of a child to a real, live Coach in the NFL! Way to go Red!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cowboys Expected To Sign Marcus Martin

Probably replaces Looney as backup G/C.

I get that as usual this front office mismanaged the cap and they are shopping from the clearance rack and bargain bin but honestly the only signing I see moving the needle at all is Hurns, and that wont be much. O Linemen that find themselves in the street now like Fleming and Martin will be the same guys they will be looking to move on from this time next year. Same problems, only the names change.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I get that as usual this front office mismanaged the cap and they are shopping from the clearance rack and bargain bin but honestly the only signing I see moving the needle at all is Hurns, and that wont be much. O Linemen that find themselves in the street now like Fleming and Martin will be the same guys they will be looking to move on from this time next year. Same problems, only the names change.
It always baffles me when it's said they use FA to plug holes in their roster so they don't have to reach in the draft. A lot of the FA's they've signed in recent years haven't even lasted one whole season with the team. So they aren't really plugging any holes at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

New England had been trying to keep Fleming though. Martin is a nice young, veteran backup type. Can play G/C and has starting experience.

Fleming could be a starting RT, in which case Collins goes back to LG. Or he may be a good solid swing T. He is CLEARLY a massive upgrade over Chaz Green and Byron Bell.

I don't see how anyone can be pissed over these two moves.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Take it FWIW, but Broaddus saying numerous free agent signings coming tomorrow.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
New England had been trying to keep Fleming though. Martin is a nice young, veteran backup type. Can play G/C and has starting experience.

Fleming could be a starting RT, in which case Collins goes back to LG. Or he may be a good solid swing T. He is CLEARLY a massive upgrade over Chaz Green and Byron Bell.

I don't see how anyone can be pissed over these two moves.

Thats the homer in you buying in again Dbair. Quality O Line play is as hard to find nowadays as quality QB play. None of the guys they signed for the O Line are anything more than backups. Fleming has been in the league 4 years and has played in 47 games and only started 20. Maybe Belichick wanted to keep him but like everybody else he is scrambling to find reserves too. Like I said they will be looking to cut most of these guys next year and move on. Talent evaluation here sucks particularly when it comes to free agency, not that they could afford better than backups anyway. I am not pissed about it but these guys will probably be nothing to write home about.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Thats the homer in you buying in again Dbair. Quality O Line play is as hard to find nowadays as quality QB play. None of the guys they signed for the O Line are anything more than backups. Fleming has been in the league 4 years and has played in 47 games and only started 20. Maybe Belichick wanted to keep him but like everybody else he is scrambling to find reserves too. Like I said they will be looking to cut most of these guys next year and move on. Talent evaluation here sucks particularly when it comes to free agency, not that they could afford better than backups anyway. I am not pissed about it but these guys will probably be nothing to write home about.

While true, these guys should be an upgrade over Green and Bell. But it doesnt really matter who is on the roster as long as the Red Clapping Clown is around.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Improvements over what we had, and almost assuredly didn't break the bank to sign.

Nice moves to improve overall depth and gives us more flexibility on draft day.

There is nothing "homer" about being fairly pleased over these additions, especially a guy who's started on and off for New England at RT including the Super Bowl.

Getting Hurts, Fleming and even Martin are not the same as guys like Joe Thomas (the LB we signed) or that journeymen WR Deonte Thompson.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Improvements over what we had, and almost assuredly didn't break the bank to sign.

There is nothing "homer" about being fairly pleased over these additions, especially a guy who's started on and off for New England at RT including the Super Bowl.

Getting Hurts, Fleming and even Martin are not the same as guys like Joe Thomas (the LB we signed) or that journeymen WR Deonte Thompson.

This year has been much better than the dumpster diving approach the last couple of years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He played a lot down the stretch last yr.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

not for nothing but im pretty sure it was fleming who gave up the sack fumble in the super bowl in the loss vs the eagles

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He played a lot down the stretch last yr.

thats cool bobby belt but i think richard ash sucks

price on the other hand, looks like he can cause problems for olines

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
not for nothing but im pretty sure it was fleming who gave up the sack fumble in the super bowl in the loss vs the eagles

It was the RG

[video=youtube;_LlOeaq-e6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LlOeaq-e6U[/video]

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ya it was shaq mason

i thought the rush came from the outside

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only 1 yr deal for Fleming if this is accurate.

Top Bottom