icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HALF what they pay dez this yr

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If this is true (and with Fisher there's definitely doubt) then it might be end of T Williams here.

T Williams needed to be gone for a couple reasons. 1) he was not good last yr and 2) the ridiculous comments he made about not taking the playoff game vs GB in 2016 seriously enough

We simply can't cut Dez this year regardless of who we sign. Cap hit would be a hemmorage.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
We simply can't cut Dez this year regardless of who we sign. Cap hit would be a hemmorage.

Dez working on crafting his skill finally at age 29. Signing another WR might open things up for Dez again. And we know Jerry isnt getting rid of Dez.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hurns also won't count against the Cowboys when next year's compensation picks are divvied out as he was cut by the Jags.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
OK. Thanks for correcting me Dooms. I went all homer ****** for a minute there.
I can't disagree it looks like a good signing, I simply don't trust our "coaching" to either make good use of the new guy, or coach him up.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I can't disagree it looks like a good signing, I simply don't trust our "coaching" to either make good use of the new guy, or coach him up.

Honest question. Can you name even one player under Garrett that has seemed to step up his game with the Red tutelage?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Honest question. Can you name even one player under Garrett that has seemed to step up his game with the Red tutelage?

No but I can name a few who played lights out their first year, until the benefit of Garrett's "coaching" took effect.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is the 2018 8-8 season over yet?

I can’t wait till we are clear of both Dez and Romos cap hits/dead money

We might actually be able to field a competitive team

Especially with our new head coach

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes,

Step 1-get a good yr to show you got something, give flashes

Step 2-Totally shit the bed in yr 2 to get other teams to let their guard down and underestimate you

Step 3-Then in yr 3 you strike!!!

Step 4-After that you pretty much got enough cred built up for a jones contract renewal & you coast to mediocrity for a while

Repeat steps 1-4 as needed

Classic garrett

Top Bottom