English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Notice Allen Hurns was cut by the Jags today. Definitely better than the WRs we've been linked with so far. Surely worth an enquiry, or is his price tag too rich for our blood also?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I understand the Cowboys really like the FB 's pass blocking skill set.
So, there's that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have a big problem with them trading down a few spots from 5th to 6th rd to get the guy. We had him before and the coaches liked him, and the Raiders plucked him off the PS then. Also by essentially swapping Olawale for Smith, we save some cap space. I get that.

What bothers me is they seemingly prioritized this move (as others noted, for a position that's hardly used that much for us anyway) over other much more obvious areas of concerns. Further, even if we didn't get Olawale now there are a handful of decent FB prospects in the draft that would have been younger, even cheaper and maybe just as effective (if not more).

Just seems like typical roster mismanagement by our FO.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it all started because they didnt tender keith smith in the 1st place

not tendering smith was taking a risk at not paying him more than a very team-friendly deal (which i believe is what they were hedging their bets on). they lost that bet when the raiders scooped him up. dallas gets no compensation for losing keith smith

so to recoup a role player in the offense, dallas lost some of their overall draft equity. not a big deal

i wish this move had been made before keith smith was signed because it would make it look like they "got their guy" but instead it looks like they are acting on a contingency plan

all in all not a big deal but they did spend a lot of time w/ smith converting him from LB to FB

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
it all started because they didnt tender keith smith in the 1st place

not tendering smith was taking a risk at not paying him more than a very team-friendly deal (which i believe is what they were hedging their bets on). they lost that bet when the raiders scooped him up. dallas gets no compensation for losing keith smith

so to recoup a role player in the offense, dallas lost some of their overall draft equity. not a big deal

i wish this move had been made before keith smith was signed because it would make it look like they "got their guy" but instead it looks like they are acting on a contingency plan

all in all not a big deal but they did spend a lot of time w/ smith converting him from LB to FB

They didn't want to pay Smith any real dollars, I don't have a problem with that. He was an ok player. His best attribute was he could play FB, special teams and LB in a pinch. he wasn't an exceptional blocker or receiver, was adequate at both but certainly not Moose Johnston.

Again I don't have issue with the trade they swung, but it bothers me they were actually "bothered" by losing Smith enough to go make this move NOW instead of taking care of other far more meaningful shit.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so i guess w the addition of that new fullback...dallas added another playmaker to the offense?

Terrance mcclain

Spectator
Reaction score
so i guess w the addition of that new fullback...dallas added another playmaker to the offense?

Between twill's failed body catches that lead to interceptions and dez constant drops and fumbles
That stat is the fourth most depressing and irritating thing about the cowboys receiving core

Terrance mcclain

Spectator
Reaction score
Does anyone think think the cowboys should try to sign daquan Jones? He might be a good fit for the cowboys as a one tech DT.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Between twill's failed body catches that lead to interceptions
Actually interceptions when the pass was targeted to t-willy are rare in the extreme. Passes targeted to Dez however, that's the top pick percentage. ON TOP OF the drops.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Crawford and Dez Bryant. Two highly compensated individuals contributing at an average at best level.

Together they count almost 15% of our cap. They should have both been released or forced into significant pay cuts, but our FO does nothing with them.

The others on that list I really don't have any qualms with, although I thought it was stupid to sign Romo to that last contract extension he got.

These 3 guys alone make up 1/5 of our cap.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And the eagles:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Classic CZ ****** nation:

1) Complain Dez is overpaid, doesn't run good routes, drops too many balls and whines on the sideline
2) As further proof we don't need him, cite the games missed last yr and how well offense did without him
3) Complain Cowboys franchise is run poorly and hangs onto overpaid guys too long

Flash forward to today. Now there are rumors than if former Jags WR Allen Hurns is signed Dez will be released. Now they are complaining about that, because they heard a radio rumor that it's Linehan that wants Dez gone.

These guys are total fucktards.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Apparently we are taking to Joe Thomas from Green Bay and we are looking at Navarro Bowman

I wouldn’t mind us signing Bowman

He came in to Oakland last year and within a week was already calling the shots and making an impact

Top Bottom