dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We just cut Orlando Scandrick

And there are CZ idiots crying about it, like this was a bad move or something.

Scandrick was fucking horrible last yr and has never been a playmaker. If nobody was going to flip us a late pick (which obviously nobody did) then he wasn't worth keeping here. Also has always been somewhat of a malcontent.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well that always works doesnt it? First Jerry says he is going to cut a player, then back peddles and says wait, no we are going to try and trade him. Works like a charm every time.

What they said is they were either going to trade him or release him, in the same sentence. There wasn't any backtracking.

The result was predictable. They tried to trade him last yr during the draft and found no takers. He's another year older and played poorly last yr, he wasnt going to "appreciate" in value all the sudden.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Kyle Wilbur era has officially ended, signed two yr deal with Raiders

Solid special teams guys, was never more than below average on field defensively.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Someone coming to town for a visit.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If Sammy Watkins choosing Chiefs over Cowboys wasn't about money, what was it about?

Cowlishaw: Talking about the Cowboys and talking about Sammy Watkins ... a player they tried to get in on and apparently offered a lot of money to. But he took Kansas City's money. I tried to raise a couple of issues in a column I wrote. One of those issues is this ... and I'll just ask you Steve Dennis. If all the reports are true that the Cowboys' money wasn't different than the Chiefs' money, is it possible Sammy Watkins said 'Hmmm ... Patrick Mahomes/Dak Prescott ... I may go with Patrick Mahomes here.'

Dennis: Well the first thing ... all this nonsense that the Cowboys fans don't have any money is nonsense. If they were thinking about $48 million for Sammy Watkins. They can get money if they need it. I don't think Sammy Watkins ... he may have wanted to go to Kansas City. And he may like Mahomes better than Dak, but I don't think a receiver in the league is thinking 'Oooh, I don't want to go to Dallas.'

Cowlishaw: And I don't think that. I'm just wondering if you're an outsider and you just kind of hear the buzz - what's the deal with Dak and Dez? They can't be on the same page. What's all that about? Maybe he'd rather play for Andy Reid than Jason Garrett. Maybe he'd choose a playoff team over a non-playoff team. Anyway, Sammy Watkins made that call and that's his situaton.

Dennis: I love Dak. I think he's going to be a superior NFL quarterback. I think he's already that. But he's not gonna be a 4,000-yard passer I don't think. And those receivers like 4,000-yard passers.

Cowlishaw: Not unless something happens to the running back. That's true. That could be a consideration as well.

Reaction score
I do think Watkins was thinking "Oooh, I don't want to go to Dallas".

I have no doubt that was the deciding factor. Smart players would do well to stay the hell away from the Dallas Clown Shoes unless they are in the twilight of their careers, and want to be overpaid.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I do think Watkins was thinking "Oooh, I don't want to go to Dallas".

I have no doubt that was the deciding factor. Smart players would do well to stay the hell away from the Dallas Clown Shoes unless they are in the twilight of their careers, and want to be overpaid.

I believe many of the upper tier FAs, who are all veterans, have played against or know someone who has played for, this regime. They politely decline the offers.
It seems you are correct TZS, if you want a last big contract see Jerry. If you want a real shot at a ring, keep going.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Colts cut hankins

Can dallas please sway a foot back and forth upon a rubber wheel

This dude is a run stuffing brick house.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Who wouldnt? I mean if you have to pick a red head Andy is a far better coach.

Is he really though?

Andy Reid over the years has been the epitome of pass happy and also bungled clock management over and over again. He has never gotten a team over the hump and saw one of his minions win a super bowl in just two seasons, something he couldn't co in almost 20.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Colts cut hankins

Can dallas please sway a foot back and forth upon a rubber wheel

This dude is a run stuffing brick house.

Who was just run out of town in the 2nd yr of a deal from a team with 100 billion in cap space.

That team will employ the same defensive scheme we currently do as well.

Listed at 320, looks closer to 420.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Is he really though?

Andy Reid over the years has been the epitome of pass happy and also bungled clock management over and over again. He has never gotten a team over the hump and saw one of his minions win a super bowl in just two seasons, something he couldn't co in almost 20.

I wouldnt want either but I would think Andy Reid is a better coach that Red if by nothing more than default.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And with this, we are now the only 1 of 32 teams who has not signed a free agent.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A few pieces of info on the two guys we apparently are looking at:

OG/C Marcus Martin. Former 3rd rd pick of San Fran, went to USC so if CMD would grace us with his appearance, he might be able to give some more details. Was waived injured in the offseason of last year, claimed by Browns. Does have 24 career starts. Sounds like a swing backup G/C to replace Looney, except younger.

WR Deonte Thompson 6'0 205lbs, 29 yrs old, has all of 77 career catches, been on 3 different teams with two separate stints with the Bills. Apparently has some speed and kick return ability. Also has some history with POT arrests. 3 or 4 teams said to be interested, though its kinda hard to figure out why. Seems like a classic camp fodder type player

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A dumbass Zoner really just posted that franchising Lawrence was stupid and that keeping Anthony Hitchens was far more important to the team.

Yes, Hitchens >>>> Lawrence

The % of just out and out fucktards in that place is off the charts.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Saw a blurb that said we were also bringing in Pats special teamer/WR Matthew Slater for a visit too, though haven't seen it confirmed via a news source.

30+ yrs old, regarded as one of the best special team players in the league. Pats have signed him to several contracts, he has made the pro bowl 7 times and was a 4x all pro. Son of former Rams HoF OT Jackie Slater

Top Bottom