DMN: Why the Cowboys need to start wheeling and dealing right now - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DMN: Why the Cowboys need to start wheeling and dealing right now

1. Back To Top    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    "It's difficult for me to put a finger on why we haven't made a trade in awhile," Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said. "It's certainly not conscientious."
    Sorry Jerry Totin if this offends you

2. lulz TheZoneSucks lulz'd this
  3. Back To Top    #17
    They don't trade because they way overvalue their own players, and they don't sign FAs anymore because Stephen is a cheap ass.

In any event, you've accomplished the near impossible......to have a thread closed/locked on DCU.

4. Appreciation TheZoneSucks appreciated this post
  5. Back To Top    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtExperiment View Post
    They don't trade because they way overvalue their own players, and they don't sign FAs anymore because Stephen is a cheap ass.
    In fairness, they do sign free agents... bottom of the barrel scrubs who often get cut mid season, but free agents nonetheless.

6. Back To Top    #19
    I agree on the first part, but the second part isn't entirely true. They will pay to keep their own guys so I don't think he's cheap.

I do think some of it is overreacting to signing too many guys to bad contracts. The right answer is to make sure you pursue the right players and pay them accordingly, not to quit pursuing players altogether.
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

7. Back To Top    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoneSucks View Post
    The only logical move with Bryant is to cut him June 1st. All other plans are blinded by homerism, and don't have the franchise's best interests in mind.
    I tend to agree because I don't think that will hurt us. I just don't think he's garbage yet. But I want to see him paid for the player he is today, not yesterday. If he can't handle that then he can test the market. I think a lot of our problems last season was gameplan related. Everyone suffers as a result.

8. Appreciation icup appreciated this post
  9. Back To Top    #21
    still waiting for the "wheeling and dealing"

10. Back To Top    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    still waiting for the "wheeling and dealing"
    Jerry was reportedly down at the Cadillac dealership yesterday, does that count?

11. lulz Doomsday lulz'd this
  12. Back To Top    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    I agree on the first part, but the second part isn't entirely true. They will pay to keep their own guys so I don't think he's cheap.
    He doesn't mind paying his own guys because that makes him look like the genius drafting/personnel man he thinks he is.

13. Back To Top    #24
    He doesn't mind paying his own guys because that makes him look like the genius drafting/personnel man he thinks he is.
    edit: he doesnt mind *over-paying* his own guys

14. Appreciation ThoughtExperiment appreciated this post
    Props NoMoRedJ gave props for this post
  15. Back To Top    #25
    Feel like its a waste of time to even read who is available at what position and for what cost. Don't you know we win championships through the draft?

16. Back To Top    #26
    You can not wheel and deal when you take a vacation on the first week of free agency.

Jerry NFL philosophy is get them cheap then over pay on the next contract. See everyone he has drafted or signed as a free agent. The cowboys have 2 one legged linebackers, a one shoulder DT, a underweight midget WR that quit during his rookie training camp, and a street ball player WR all picked up cheap then over paid for their actual worth.

17. Back To Top    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by eromeopolk View Post
    You can not wheel and deal when you take a vacation on the first week of free agency.

Jerry NFL philosophy is get them cheap then over pay on the next contract. See everyone he has drafted or signed as a free agent. The cowboys have 2 one legged linebackers, a one shoulder DT, a underweight midget WR that quit during his rookie training camp, and a street ball player WR all picked up cheap then over paid for their actual worth.
    Our front office is stupid, but going to the Bahamas in 2018 doesn't prevent them from getting anything done. It's funny but with email, technology etc etc they can get anything done they wanted to remotely.

us not signing anybody had zero to do with a "vacation"

18. Back To Top    #28

19. Appreciation dbair1967 appreciated this post
    lulz theoneandonly lulz'd this
  20. Back To Top    #29
    They are being very kind with Escobar, Randall and Wilbur. Crawford is a starter but "quality starter?" It's what I've been saying. We haven't drafted well outside the first round.

21. Back To Top    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by icup View Post

Fast glance at the smiley faces and the draft over the last few years, sure doesnt look like the drafts have been anything to write home about.
    Last edited by Dodger12; 03-24-2018 at 03:14 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.