NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Hate the Clapper, but don't see where anything he said is wrong.

If he had said "Prescott is awesome we are so lucky to have him, he does everything great" you'd have said "Clapper doing no coaching here, satisfied with mediocre results, doesn't push players to get better"

What he said wasnt technically wrong. Its what he does. Throw somebody under the bus then backtrack with the old "we all need to improve" qualifier to lessen the impact of the dagger and make it appear as if he's just being a good coach. And everything is about "Accountability" for everyone else but him. Point out everyone else's flaws to deflect any blame he deserves. Its just the pattern of the process. He's the typical asshat that coasts along through life throwing out BS and never doing anything to earn his way.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak regressed badly least year, due in no small part to poor coaching. Isn't Red a coach?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All he’s gotta do is go 9-7 or 10-6 and make the playoffs again and he will earn his new 5 year extension

If he makes it to the playoffs and somehow manages to win a game by accident you can make that a 10 year extension to match Grudens

I think you're right. Success here is measured differently than any serious football organization. The only other way for things to change is if the fans turn on Jerry and they stop buying Cowboy's gear. If the money keeps coming in, nothing will change.

having said that, I'm not even sure that fan backlash would change things. The PSL's are sold and the stadium is sold out. Fuck it....who am I kidding......only death might bring significant change.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jeruh doesn’t give a shit about us fans. He’s proven that over the last 23 years.

As long as his money printing machine is still up and running he has zero incentive to change.

This fan base will spend the money on merch regardless of the product on the field

You are right in that only Jeruh’s death might bring about change. Then again, it might not!

That will all depend on baby Jeruh and how he turns out to be as the owner of the most profitable sports franchise in the entire world

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think you're right. Success here is measured differently than any serious football organization. The only other way for things to change is if the fans turn on Jerry and they stop buying Cowboy's gear. If the money keeps coming in, nothing will change.

having said that, I'm not even sure that fan backlash would change things. The PSL's are sold and the stadium is sold out. Fuck it....who am I kidding......only death might bring significant change.

If the first thing Stephen does when Jeruh dies is go out and hire a competent GM then this franchise might stand a chance.

If he slides right in to his dads role then all hope is lost. For good!

Reaction score
If he slides right in to his dads role then all hope is lost. For good!

Yep, and that is why I will walk away for good if Steve pulls that God-Emperor act when Jerry dies. Life is too short to further waste it on this stupid family.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep, and that is why I will walk away for good if Steve pulls that God-Emperor act when Jerry dies. Life is too short to further waste it on this stupid family.

Meh

What’s another 23 years of wasted fandom

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Dak sucks, always did, it was just waxed over the year before in the rush to get Romo out the door. We will be paying for his Rookie season for 10 years.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The problem with Jeruh is that if a player performs well once that then becomes that players standard of performance for the rest of his career in Jeruh’s mind

Like Dez balling out in his contract year. That is still how Jeruh sees Dez even when he has never performed that well again.

Dak has a record breaking rookie season. Jeruh believes that that is Dak’s standard of performance now regardless of how he performs from that point forward.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The problem with Jeruh is that if a player performs well once that then becomes that players standard of performance for the rest of his career in Jeruh’s mind

Like Dez balling out in his contract year. That is still how Jeruh sees Dez even when he has never performed that well again.

Dak has a record breaking rookie season. Jeruh believes that that is Dak’s standard of performance now regardless of how he performs from that point forward.

Exactly!!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That goes the same for his coaches

Garrett went 12-4 and 13-3 so Jeruh considers that his standard of performance for him. Forget the fact that the majority of his seasons have been 8-8. And forget the fact that he’s barely over .500 on his career

The way Jeruh looks at it is if he can do it once he can do it again

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That goes the same for his coaches

Garrett went 12-4 and 13-3 so Jeruh considers that his standard of performance for him. Forget the fact that the majority of his seasons have been 8-8. And forget the fact that he’s barely over .500 on his career

The way Jeruh looks at it is if he can do it once he can do it again

And forget the fact he has no championships and only one postseason win.

davy

Reaction score
i remember terry bradshaw was benched a few times early then he won 4 SB rings. 2 against my beloved Cowboys

Top Bottom