Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I watched the first two episodes and the feeling I came away with beyond everything you just mentioned is that it feels like they waited and edited this after the decision to cut Dez was made. It seems like they are setting it up to show (and give credence and justify) why he was cut. Same with the narration. It just feels like it’s a way for Jeruh to justify cutting Dez so far.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Anyhow they cut to a meeting among all the coaches, where Ginger is preaching the approach, "old school" and run the ball until they wear out. During the game does anyone remember what we actually did?

Zeke: 9 total carries.

LOL

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Needless to say the show angered me greatly and I found myself screaming at these assholes off and on, throughout.

This is why I'll probably never watch, thats exactly what I was afraid I'd see (littered around a mass of incompetence)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I watched the first two episodes and the feeling I came away with beyond everything you just mentioned is that it feels like they waited and edited this after the decision to cut Dez was made. It seems like they are setting it up to show (and give credence and justify) why he was cut. Same with the narration. It just feels like it’s a way for Jeruh to justify cutting Dez so far.

Ding ding ding

I want to retract my former comment about this being semi-propaganda. More like total propaganda.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Incompetence on the coaching staff abounds

The more I watch the more Dez looks like shit

They are setting this up so Cowboy fans will be happy that he was cut

Either that or they are just showing the “real” Dez Bryant which has the exact same effect

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Incompetence on the coaching staff abounds

The more I watch the more Dez looks like shit

They are setting this up so Cowboy fans will be happy that he was cut

Either that or they are just showing the “real” Dez Bryant which has the exact same effect

That's much more likely, all of this was edited and in the can long ago and we're actually just seeing the daily shit they were tolerating. The FO had no idea they were actually going to cut the fuck after the season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don’t know

The thought of cutting Dez is not a new one in any way shape or form. It’s been talked about since the end of the season. Hell, Dez had to answer questions about it right after the loss to Philly in week 17.

It may not have been official until recently. But the FO probably had this decision made some time ago. They just waited to see if they could get anything for him.

I would not put it past Jeruh to somehow of swayed the all or nothing producers to follow the narrative he wanted to be portrayed of the Cowboys. Plus it would allow him to save face in the fans eyes (or at least the idiots who are butt hurt that he’s finally gone)

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I would not put it past Jeruh to somehow of swayed the all or nothing producers to follow the narrative he wanted to be portrayed of the Cowboys.
That's pretty far fetched.
The thought of cutting Dez is not a new one in any way shape or form. It’s been talked about since the end of the season.
Given the season he had, I am sure it was. But I doubt it was a consideration in week 2.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Episode 2 is the Denver week and that whole fiasco where we get our asses spanked.

All week leading up to the game Garrett preaches power football and how we are going to run the ball right down their throats. Then come game day he does the exact opposite.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So what happens in Ep 2?

Scott, what are some examples of this coaching incompetence?

Just wait till episode 5 when they “coach up” Chaz Green all week to replace TS for the Atlanta game. Garrett says during the game “they are killing us out there” (after the 4th or 5th sack) then proceeds to do NOTHING to fix the problem. It’s not like we didn’t already know this, but watching it happen from the sidelines and behind the scenes is a kick in the nuts (again)

Reaction score
Just wait till episode 5 when they “coach up” Chaz Green all week to replace TS for the Atlanta game. Garrett says during the game “they are killing us out there” (after the 4th or 5th sack) then proceeds to do NOTHING to fix the problem. It’s not like we didn’t already know this, but watching it happen from the sidelines and behind the scenes is a kick in the nuts (again)

It ought to get really interesting during the 3 game worst in franchise history stretch.

The show is interesting for a few things:

1) How a powerful brand can keep a business profitable despite inept management constantly putting out an inferior product.

2) What not to do as a coach in most situations.

3) No, just because a man has a job as an NFL coach, it does not mean he knows more than the angry fan on the internet message board.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I cant believe this thread is actually alive and people are watching this.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I cant believe this thread is actually alive and people are watching this.

Shit
Goddamn
Get off your ass and jam
Muhfucka say
Shit
Goddamn
Get off your ass and jam
Muhfucka say
Shit
Goddamn
Get off your ass and jam...

Terrance mcclain

Spectator
Reaction score

Sounds like it could make a good black comedy

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I mean, I hate the idea of this show so bad that I am considering using Mod powers to close this thread. hell I might erase it entirely.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

This is why we're doomed and you guys can get your wish and have Garrett run out of town and it will just be more of the same with the next guy jeri castrates

Stephen gives me more comfort than his dad but you cant get blood out of a turnip and despite Stephen being heavily involved with the organization for 20+ years, I believe he's still inferior than the GM's with whom he has to compete.

The tone jeri & his spawn set is just a disgusting environment for winning football and it makes me sick because I realize there is no hope for the only team I care about because the money keeps rolling in regardless and these buffoons cant see a thing wrong with what they're doing

:frustrating:puke2:angry

Top Bottom