theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And BTW for for me this is an absolute no brainer: SB 5. Manders came up with that fumble. A SB loss that wasnt a loss.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And BTW for for me this is an absolute no brainer: SB 5. Manders came up with that fumble. A SB loss that wasnt a loss.

I was too young then but I've read about it, amazing horrendous call. I also read that wasn't the only gaffe officials had in the game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Deion not getting called for that obvious PI in 1994 ranks high on the list. That play essentially ended all hope of the 3-peat.

The 1978 Super Bowl where Benny Barnes was called for that horrendous PI, keeping alive a Stealer TD drive

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
cowboys have been losers most of my life but i guess the dez caught it game vs. green bay

i really thought we had it that yr

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the other games for me are still pretty recent but,

the other gb game when rodgers beat us (dak/zeke rookie yr)

the 96 playoffs vs. the panthers. i had just fallen in love w/ dallas and football in general. then we got beat by kerry collins.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Gotta go with '94 Champ Game. We would have won three in a row (still hasn't been done) vs. the sorry ass Chargers. Runner-up would be SB V, but most of those guys won the next year anyway.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wish Danny White and Romo could have won a SB. They both deserved it, IMO.

I wish Tex could have gotten the deal done in the '83 draft to send Danny White to the Colts for their #1 pick that year we would have used to get John Elway. Landry had already seen the light on choker Danny and was wanting him gone.

Dunno what Romo "deserves" beyond the 70-plus million we paid him. He "deserves" his future mobility he's fortunate to still have. He did very well for himself.

Reaction score
I wish Tex could have gotten the deal done in the '83 draft to send Danny White to the Colts for their #1 pick that year we would have used to get John Elway. Landry had already seen the light on choker Danny and was wanting him gone.

Dunno what Romo "deserves" beyond the 70-plus million we paid him. He "deserves" his future mobility he's fortunate to still have. He did very well for himself.

:asshat

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
the 96 playoffs vs. the panthers. i had just fallen in love w/ dallas and football in general. then we got beat by kerry collins.

Wasn't much we could do then, half our team was injured either before that game or early on in it. We were running on fumes that year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wish Danny White and Romo could have won a SB. They both deserved it, IMO.

I honestly don't get this sentiment at all. No player is "deserving" of a championship, they have to earn it as part of a team that is championship worthy.

That said, White at least won postseason games and got the team close. Romo didn't win jackshit and played terrible in many of the big games he did get us to. He's as much to blame for not getting a championship as anyone else in that era, in fact probably more so. Other than Aikman, nobody had more pull with Jones since he has owned the team, and Romo stood idly by and watched Jones waste his, and a number of other players time here by signing off on this clusterfuck HC Garrett and never demanding he be run off.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo stood idly by and watched Jones waste his, and a number of other players time here
Nah he only wasted OUR time. He paid those players very well, for their time.
I honestly don't get this sentiment at all.
Yep we're Far Far San Juan long way away from giving out participation trophies in the NFL just yet.

e948ba0a6dc8f818a9f4c1799feaa718.jpg

Reaction score
I honestly don't get this sentiment at all. No player is "deserving" of a championship, they have to earn it as part of a team that is championship worthy.

That said, White at least won postseason games and got the team close. Romo didn't win jackshit and played terrible in many of the big games he did get us to. He's as much to blame for not getting a championship as anyone else in that era, in fact probably more so. Other than Aikman, nobody had more pull with Jones since he has owned the team, and Romo stood idly by and watched Jones waste his, and a number of other players time here by signing off on this clusterfuck HC Garrett and never demanding he be run off.
I can respect that. I just had a soft spot for those guys.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Back on topic: SB 13 is another heartbreaking loss that stands out to me. I hate those Terrible Towel motherfuckers to this very day.

Reaction score
Back on topic: SB 13 is another heartbreaking loss that stands out to me. I hate those Terrible Towel motherfuckers to this very day.

That was a sad day indeed. I was 12 years old and devastated.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Those Stealer defenders to this day all say they still don't know who's supposed to cover the TE on that Jackie Smith drop play.

Soooo many things went wrong that night, Randy White's kick return gaffe with the cast on his arm not the least of them.

Top Bottom