Any baseball fans here?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any baseball fans here?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any baseball fans here?

I can't believe Spring training has already started. Seems like last month I was watching my Astros in the World Series.

2. Appreciation Doomsday, Trouty appreciated this post
  3. Back To Top    #2
    Go Yankees.

4. Back To Top    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    Go Yankees.
    My preseason pick to take it now they have Giancarlo Stanton. Houston an NY are both so talentated.

5. Back To Top    #4
    Anxious to see if my Twins hopefully can build off last year. Just saw they signed Logan Morrison. Didn't see him play last yea except when they played the Twins, not sure if it was a good signing or if he's a one year fluke.

6. Appreciation Trouty appreciated this post
  7. Back To Top    #5
    Yep. Glad baseball season is here.
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

8. Appreciation Trouty appreciated this post
  9. Back To Top    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay10 View Post
    My preseason pick to take it now they have Giancarlo Stanton. Houston an NY are both so talentated.
    Yankees pitching? Same could be said about Houston. They remind me of the Big Red Machine form the 70's. Pitching was mediocre and they out slugged a lot of teams. Houston looks to me that they have four perennial all stars. Altuve, Correa, Bregman and Springer. Altuve might be the best midget hitter I ever saw. National League sucks, I could see the Dodgers take a step back. Milwaukee a dark horse.

10. Appreciation Trouty appreciated this post
  11. Back To Top    #7
    Sox finally introducing jd martinez

12. Back To Top    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by icup View Post
    Sox finally introducing jd martinez
    Yeah but Chris Sale is the most important player on the roster. He wore down second half last year. When he is on, he is as good as there is.

13. Appreciation icup, Trouty appreciated this post
  14. Back To Top    #9
    So, uh, we're just gonna ignore the Angels? 2018 WS Champs! Jk. Shohei and Michael Nelson Trout are our future. Look out, AL, Eppler is building a team. Solid offseason FA signings (3B, 2F, our blackhole LF). Improved farm, which has been our boon. Went from last place a couple seasons ago (BaseballAmerica) to middle of the pack, in large part to poaching the Braves after they were punished.

Also, fuck the Astros
    Last edited by Trouty; 02-26-2018 at 03:38 PM.

15. Appreciation Bay10 appreciated this post
  16. Back To Top    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    They remind me of the Big Red Machine form the 70's.
    Now the 70's was awesome baseball. Reds, Dodgers, Phillies, Royals, Yankees, Red Sox. Nolan Ryan and Frank Tanana with the Angels etc etc

17. Appreciation Trouty appreciated this post
    Props Trouty gave props for this post
  18. Back To Top    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
    So, uh, we're just gonna ignore the Angels? 2018 WS Champs! Jk. Shohei and Michael Nelson Trout are our future. Look out, AL, Eppler is building a team. Solid offseason FA signings (3B, 2F, our blackhole LF). Improved farm, which has been our boon. Went from last place a couple seasons ago (BaseballAmerica) to middle of the pack, in large part to poaching the Braves after they were punished.

Also, fuck the Astros
    The Angels will be interesting. Trout is the gold standard, best player in baseball, its not close. As far as Ohtani, was listening to somebody on radio who said they talked to some scouts who saw him in Japan. A couple things that I didnt realize were: 1) they said he pitched every 10th day there, even if the Angels have a six man rotation, that will be a big difference/ adjustment. 2) He struck out 30% of the time in Japan, thats a high number that I have a hard time seeing being less in MLB. I would temper expectations for Ohtani but I do think the Angels contend for a wild card.

19. Appreciation Trouty appreciated this post
  20. Back To Top    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    The Angels will be interesting. Trout is the gold standard, best player in baseball, its not close. As far as Ohtani, was listening to somebody on radio who said they talked to some scouts who saw him in Japan. A couple things that I didnt realize were: 1) they said he pitched every 10th day there, even if the Angels have a six man rotation, that will be a big difference/ adjustment. 2) He struck out 30% of the time in Japan, thats a high number that I have a hard time seeing being less in MLB. I would temper expectations for Ohtani but I do think the Angels contend for a wild card.

Without a doubt, brother. I was just being over the top. I told someone, if Shohei levels out as a solid #2 I will be happy. It's his team control for 6 years that is so valuable. If he pitches like a #2, hell, that's incredible at his AAV (right now around $2 mil).

I have never heard of him being on a 10-man rotation. Only that he is as polished a prospect as one can expect. He went 3/3 today in his first spring training game as a DH. Sosh is most likely going to use a 6-man rotation. He looked OK yesterday pitching, imo. Still, rusty and also coming off his elbow injury.

We'll see, Angels still have some holes and Pujols' anchor albatross contract. Astros are going to be hard to bounce atop the AL West.

21. Back To Top    #13

22. Back To Top    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouty View Post

Also, fuck the Astros
    The Angels will be looking up at the Stros in the standings for years to come.

23. Back To Top    #15
    Gotta admit, Ohtani off to a nice start after a miserable spring. Trout used to be the only reason to follow that team.

Members who have read this thread: 11