icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gf works weekends and i will have a meltdown trying to watch a game w my 1 yr old

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Every local bar now claims to be the “best spot in town to watch your Los Angeles Rams”

So is their thinking that nobody wants to actually go to the games, but they prefer to come to the bar there and watch them? Is that their angle?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So is their thinking that nobody wants to actually go to the games, but they prefer to come to the bar there and watch them? Is that their angle?

Its not so much that is it is every bar in town now claims to be the home of the Rams just so they can try to snatch up as much of the momentum they can from the Rams moving back home

As for the Chargers...

Yeah, not many ppl want to go to the games. They had a number of home games with under 25k attendance. It was pretty sad to see the stadium over half empty when the local news would pan to the crowd of “die hard” charger fans

The Chargers really fucked up in following the Rams here. They should have stayed where they were at. With the way things are going they won’t stay here for long

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They have this amazing thing guys, its called a "sports bar"

They have all these TV's hanging up or sitting around and they are hooked up to DirecTV and Sunday Ticket. People come to your table and ask you what game you would like to see. They even bring you beer and snacks.

I did the sports bar thing my first year in AZ. The Cowboys play a lot of games at the same time slot as the Cardinals and most of the sports bars out here so the bars would put that game on their speaker system. I could watch Cowboys game but couldn't listen, That's why I went to Sunday Ticket in 2011 and since. If I could find a local Cowboys sports bar out here, that would change things.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Its not so much that is it is every bar in town now claims to be the home of the Rams just so they can try to snatch up as much of the momentum they can from the Rams moving back home

As for the Chargers...

Yeah, not many ppl want to go to the games. They had a number of home games with under 25k attendance. It was pretty sad to see the stadium over half empty when the local news would pan to the crowd of “die hard” charger fans

The Chargers really fucked up in following the Rams here. They should have stayed where they were at. With the way things are going they won’t stay here for long

Agree that the Chargers taking the Clippers role in LA was a mistake.

One of my former players is on the Chargers and I went to a game in Carson in between our last scheduled game and the Bowl game this year. I really enjoyed the smaller crowd and atmosphere. Wasn't really a bad seat in the house. That all changes once the Inglewood stadium is up and running but if you haven't been to a game in Carson, I would strongly recommend it. I grew cup watching USC games in the Coliseum and you always feel like your so far away from the field.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
. If I could find a local Cowboys sports bar out here, that would change things.

We have one here in Atl now, it isn't bad.

But we started one right before the 1991 season that lasted through 1995 or so and it was fantastic. We approached the owner of a Texas themed restaurant that had numerous TV's set up to make it the official "Dallas Cowboys fan club" and grew it from 4 people (me, a friend of mine who started this and two other guys) the first game vs Cleveland to around a hundred by about 3/4 of the way through that season. Of course it helped that was the start of the great run we had, but for the most part we got 75-100 or more every single game (even the ones that were on national TV) for several seasons. For the Super Bowl in 1992 it was literally SRO. It was great business for the owner on game days too and ended up helping him on none game days/offseason too, as many of us started making it a regular stop/hang out.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They have this amazing thing guys, its called a "sports bar"

They have all these TV's hanging up or sitting around and they are hooked up to DirecTV and Sunday Ticket. People come to your table and ask you what game you would like to see. They even bring you beer and snacks.

Sports bars around here always end up closing for one reason or another. There's another new one opening here next month; hopefully it's the exception. Otherwise the closest thing we have is a Buffalo Wings and Rings, which is average on its best days...

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
They are going to raise prices again! What a brilliant idea. You have many customers cancelling their subscriptions because they were tired of the kneeling bullshit. So their solution is to raise prices on the remaining subscribers!

Great fucking idea ya morons. It looks like I’ll be looking for a new way to watch my Cowboy games this coming season

REPORT: DirecTV Raises Prices For NFL Sunday Ticket | Total Pro Sports
Yet they will give the ST to new subscribers.

I am up in Oct and dumping them because I don't want to pay the out fee and give them money for nothing. If anything can get worse, let ATT get their hands on it.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I quit Direct TV & NFL ticket last yr due to the BS PC Kneeling. I didn't serve 3 combat tours in Iraq/Afghanistan as a infantry Marine in 03'-04' to then be watching POS maggots kneeling during the anthem & disrespecting the flag that 19 of my Marine brothers had draped on their coffins & died fighting for an ungrateful bunch of spoiled, prima donna athletes that don't have the slightest idea that what they are protesting & kneeling for has zero to do with law enforcement & will never dictate or change LEO policy or ROE when engaging with potential threats to their lives. I'll probably hit a sports bar every now & then to watch my Giants play this yr but until the NFL gets off their ass & tells these players to quit the shit, I'll be damned if I'm gonna support the NFL with my $$.

Semper Fi 2/8

Top Bottom