icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How many games has he played for us? And how many sacks does he have?

Talent means absolutely nothing if he’s not on the field playing for us!

randy gregory stats.png

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No shit. The fucking guy failed his combine drug test. It's not like he failed one drug test in college. Litwrally the most important period in his life, and probably the MOST IMPORTANT drug test, yet he can't even stop smoking for a week.

That’s what I was saying earlier in the thread. And yet, we still drafted him in the second round

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
About the only sketchy pick he made that appears to have been worth it has been Lael Collins

lol and thats because it didn't cost them a pick

Lee has been the best gamble but not without its warts

Lawrence for two draft picks appears to be paying off

time will tell about Jaylon Smith but his arrow appears to be pointing up

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I get it, but at the time people were surprised he fell THAT far. We were desperate for pass rush help and had a guy pretty much a consensus top-10 type talent fall in our laps late in the 2nd rd. Was it a risk, yeah. Was it the worst move in the history of the franchise? Far from it.

Some gambles are worth taking. And I seriously doubt anybody here would have had any problem with the Gregory gamble if Jerry had a history of making good gambles or gambles that paid off some times. But we have a long track record of wasted picks in the 2nd round as well as other potential "homerun" moves that almost always end up being a looking at strike 3 instead. No foul tip. Not even a swing and miss. Just watch 3 strikes go by and the bat stays on the shoulder. And Jerry is always so excited with these gambles, like he took advantage of somebody and stole his lunch money. When in reality Jerry is the one being taken advantage of by his very own stupidity.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And the best pick that Jeruh never made?

Johnny Football!

Thank you Baby Jeruh for keeping dear ole dad from making that horrible mistake.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thre are kids that were born when the Cowboys were still good in the early 90’s who are now in college and have gone their entire lives without the Cowboys being good.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How many games has he played for us? And how many sacks does he have?

Talent means absolutely nothing if he’s not on the field playing for us!

I get it dude.

I'm saying with where we picked him, the risk was justified especially considering the position he played matched our top need at the time.

Hindsight is always 20-20

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thre are kids that were born when the Cowboys were still good in the early 90’s who are now in college and have gone their entire lives without the Cowboys being good.

My oldest is damn near there. He's was 2 1/2 when the Cowboys won their last Super Bowl.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I confess, I had hopes for Gaithers, but now it seems he's just another ten cent head.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

And who think 8-8 is satisfactory, if not "good."

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Rico could possibly be great but we'll never know know beacause Witten is on the field for 98% of plays.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
With 10 picks they need to pick a TE that can make some kind of impact. I dont trust any other TE on the roster and the opposition will give you the 3 yard safety valve to Witten all day.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rico could possibly be great but we'll never know know beacause Witten is on the field for 98% of plays.

Yep.

For this offense to improve his amount if plays, and particular the amount of plays he is on the field in obvious passing situations needs to go down a good bit.

Top Bottom