MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I get it. I am sorry for the name calling...Like I said, I boycotted the team for a year. But I got drawn right back in. All I can hope is that we catch lightening in a bottle and win a Lombardi....I am holding out for that

We’ve all been sucked back in before over the last few years. That’s why some of us are salty as hell when it comes to this team. We’ve been given a glimpse of hope only to have the pickled oil man show us time and again that he doesn’t give a fuck about the fans or winning. All he cares about are jersey sales and getting his ugly mug on tv.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I get it. I am sorry for the name calling...Like I said, I boycotted the team for a year. But I got drawn right back in. All I can hope is that we catch lightening in a bottle and win a Lombardi....I am holding out for that

And we'd all love seeing that. It would be spoiled somewhat though, I don't know anyone who would be happy for Jerral or Ginger. But we'll be happy for the players.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry guys. I get a lot of negativity about my team in south jersey from the iggles fans and was hoping for something else on this site. I know you guys are talking reality. I just try to stay positive. Didn't mean to offend anyone

I live in the heart of Eagles territory in PA. Sprinkle in some Steelers fans and the transplanted ingrates from NY/NJ and it's disgusting. Not sure what any of that has to do with this site. You can be a homer and communicate with folks. Just back up what you post. You made a comment then posted the martyr shit when folks were responding and didn't agree with your assessment.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will say this place has the market cornered on making a new poster feel welcome!

Everyone was polite and cordial until he wasn't. Like I said, not the place for snowflakes.

What Dooms just said. Folks were polite and respectful until he started with the real fan/bad fan bullshit and made a blanket statement about DCU.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You made a comment then posted the martyr shit when folks were responding and didn't agree with your assessment.
AFTER saying he looked forward to our comments!

You can't comedy write such irony!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Let me put it to you like this......there were things you didn't like about your first bride and you eventually pulled the plug on that relationship. Why didn't you use the same logic you're using with the team and just stay with her and hope for "lightning in a bottle" that she'd turn into the perfect bride?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Let me put it to you like this......there were things you didn't like about your first bride and you eventually pulled the plug on that relationship. Why didn't you use the same logic you're using with the team and just stay with her and hope for "lightning in a bottle" that she'd turn into the perfect bride?

Excellent analogy!

sjmike

Spectator
Reaction score
it is a good analogy but I have been hooked on the team for so long I cannot rout for another team. And apparently none of you can either

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
it is a good analogy but I have been hooked on the team for so long I cannot rout for another team. And apparently none of you can either

I love the Seahawks since their inception. Been a Tampa Bay fan from Day One too. I root for them as long as the opponent isn't Dallas. I happen to love the game first and foremost.

I go back with my Dallas fandom a little further than you but not by a lot. I was a AFL fan too. Loved the USFL and the WLAF. Kind of meh on Arena ball though.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I love the Seahawks since their inception. Been a Tampa Bay fan from Day One too. I root for them as long as the opponent isn't Dallas. I happen to love the game first and foremost.

I go back with my Dallas fandom a little further than you but not by a lot. I was a AFL fan too. Loved the USFL and the WLAF. Kind of meh on Arena ball though.

I actually pull for the Chiefs because of their ties to Dallas. Also when they’re not playing the Cowboys.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was a AFL fan too.
AFL was lots of fun, points o plenty every week. Loved watching John Hadl to Lance Alworth. Lance like Ditka won a ring on that 71 Cowboys team. Loved watching the Raiders in the AFL, then in the 70's too. They kind of lost me when Al Davis went off the deep end and benched Marcus Allen because he didnt like him.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

stick around and don't take anything anyone says too seriously and definitely not personal, we all undoubtedly just want to see the cowboys be the winning organization they used to be known for and have lost virtually all hope that jeri and his spawn will allow that to happen, thus our frustration

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Welcome to DCU!

I missed all the fun. I thought you guys ran him off as fast as that spidermancowboy fan guy. (Sorry, I don’t remember his actual screen name but he was entertaining while he lasted)

Good to see you stuck around sjmike

As I’m sure you have seen if you lurked here before joining, nothing will rally the troops like blind homerism or stupidity

They both will get called out here pretty fast

You might be able to tell this already, we support the team, but can’t stand the front office or the head coach as others have mentioned

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Welcome to DCU!

I missed all the fun. I thought you guys ran him off as fast as that spidermancowboy fan guy. (Sorry, I don’t remember his actual screen name but he was entertaining while he lasted)

Good to see you stuck around sjmike

As I’m sure you have seen if you lurked here before joining, nothing will rally the troops like blind homerism or stupidity

They both will get called out here pretty fast

You might be able to tell this already, we support the team, but can’t stand the front office or the head coach as others have mentioned

Like a bunch of fucking piranhas on a steak.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I actually pull for the Chiefs because of their ties to Dallas. Also when they’re not playing the Cowboys.

Yep always loved the Chiefs and particularly their stadium. Wish I could have been a fly on the visor when Lamar Hunt and Tex Schramm had their merger meetings on the side of Denton road in Dallas, right next to the Love Field runway.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The only other teams I follow are the Rams and Raiders because those were my local teams growing up.

My wife’s side of the family are all Seahawk fans and some still live up there. So I’ll watch them unless they are playing the Cowboys.

It’s always entertaining being a Cowboy fan in enemy territory. Every time we play a local team I end up outnumbered in my own house watching the game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
My wife’s side of the family are all Seahawk fans and some still live up there. So I’ll watch them unless they are playing the Cowboys.
So just, no football for you when it's Dallas vs. Seattle.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ha

Good point
Let me clarify

When the Hawks play the Cowboys I root for the Cowboys. The Cowboys override everything and I always watch the Cowboys game over anything else. No matter how shitty we play and how irrelevant the game may be.

And I’m always the only one rooting for the Cowboys when the rest of the house is rooting for the Hawks, or the Rams or the Raiders

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep always loved the Chiefs and particularly their stadium. Wish I could have been a fly on the visor when Lamar Hunt and Tex Schramm had their merger meetings on the side of Denton road in Dallas, right next to the Love Field runway.

I also would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Lamar Hunt first found out that the NFL had awarded the city of Dallas a franchise when he had tried to get a team in the NFL before he signed with the AFL.

Top Bottom