Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think Jerry has no idea just how fed up people are locally. I don't see much Cowboys gear being worn anymore. It's astounding the lack of Cowboys colors.

The letdown factor of keeping the same shit staff in charge will have a profound effect on local ratings and attendance in my opinion. The stadium may still fill up, but it will be with more and more of the opponents' fans.

Even Reality's Shithouse is a good barometer. Using it as a sample size, I'd say it is easy to conclude that 90% or more of Cowboys fans have had it.

Yeah, even local media people are calling for Garrett to be fired, which says a lot.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, even local media people are calling for Garrett to be fired, which says a lot.

But doesn’t that happen every year? It seems like there were even ppl calling for him to fired after his 12-4 and 13-3 seasons

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I want Jerry to be humiliated, if such a thing is even possible.

thats become more meaningful to me than actually winning, I despise jeri so much that even if they somehow luck boxed into a SB win, I couldn't enjoy it as much as I would if he was not associated with the team

But the homer in me wishes guys like Dak, Lee, Jaylon, Tyron and Witten (although I think he should probably be cut) could get a ring

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
newer, younger crops of suckers are coming up every day that will sustain Jerry's comfortable little kingdom.

I really don't believe so, jeri is living off the PSLs and the revenue received from the undying devotion of fans that grew up with Landry and perhaps some that came in later in the Landry era. Rynie, correct my if I'm wrong but IIRC, the PSLs are 30 year obligations. That in all likelihood covers Jeris ass long after he's departed this earth. Jeri has no pressure and all the fuck you money a person could dream of having and thats exactly what he's doing, giving the fans a big fuck you by continuing to demand to be front and center of all things Cowboy related instead of using all that money to buy the brightest minds on the planet tasked with one purpose: make the Cowboys win, year in and out at any and all costs short of cheating.

The generation mentioned above are the ones that had the money to spend on those horrid PSLs because they're likely older, made their money and are in a position to spend lavishly on something that was near and dear to their hearts growing up.

I cant imagine PSL's being able to be sold 10 years from now when the Cowboys will be 33 years removed from a Super Bowl win. Who will the fans be and why in the world are they fans?

Most will be old geezers like me squawking about the glory days

Cliff notes: we're fucked, hope is dead, the Cowboys as we knew and loved are dead and gone

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's literally an issue maybe ONE time a season. This is the very least of our worries.

the underlying issue is that this is yet another example of Jeris arrogant disregard for trying give his team every edge possible toward winning whereas the old stadium was set up to have the sun fry their opponent on a hot summer day

winning will always make jeri more money than his idiotic decision to orient the stadium the way it was done and from what I understand in opposition to the architects recommendation and how every other stadium is oriented

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
the underlying issue is that this is yet another example of Jeris arrogant disregard for trying give his team every edge possible toward winning whereas the old stadium was set up to have the sun fry their opponent on a hot summer day

winning will always make jeri more money than his idiotic decision to orient the stadium the way it was done and from what I understand in opposition to the architects recommendation and how every other stadium is oriented
And the thing is.... Up until recent years this wasn't a issue at all, we had massive curtains we could pull covering that end of the stadium on game day for those late afternoon, late fall days. Somehow or other, those curtains either disappeared or Jerry saw those sunbeams one day and decided he liked it.

The pissant lapdog Dallas media never asked, that I've ever seen.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, the Dallas media are a bunch of pussies, but they are also openly questioning Garrett's decisions now, which is refreshing. A few of them have said it's time for him to go.

I tell ya, it seems like if any of these guys confront jeri, they suddenly find themselves assigned to covering another team or sport, here's Tim MacMahon doing a great job asking jeri tough questions and jeri is obviously not pleased:

Jerry Jones on Jerry Jones the GM - YouTube

MacMahon now covers the Mavericks

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
But doesn’t that happen every year? It seems like there were even ppl calling for him to fired after his 12-4 and 13-3 seasons

Absolutely NOT. Even in the 4-12 season, the media was ok with excuses. Maybe 1 or 2 people questioned why only 1 game was won without Romo, but not like right now.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Absolutely NOT. Even in the 4-12 season, the media was ok with excuses. Maybe 1 or 2 people questioned why only 1 game was won without Romo, but not like right now.

Then we are finally making progress

Maybe a couple more years of carrot top and Jerry will have had enough

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I tell ya, it seems like if any of these guys confront jeri, they suddenly find themselves assigned to covering another team or sport, here's Tim MacMahon doing a great job asking jeri tough questions and jeri is obviously not pleased:

Jerry Jones on Jerry Jones the GM - YouTube

MacMahon now covers the Mavericks

That was awesome.

It's such a shame we have such an incompetent jerkoff as GM. The sad part is he REALLY believes all that garbage he spewed.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yes, the PSL's are a 30 year obligation, AND if you skip a year of buying the tickets, you lose the seats. My PSL's were 4k/seat, which I paid in literal cash (sold weed, lol). My tickets are $1900 a season (2 seats in 434, row 1). If I sell all my tickets, I can make almost double that.

What's fucking absolutely CRAZY is if you want tickets on the 50yrd line, 2nd level, Cowboys side the PSL is...wait for it. ...

$150,000 per seat.

Hense, the reason we have zero home field advantage.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I want to believe, but I think one decent run, say start 5-2, and everyone will be back on the bandwagon and the local shills like Todd Archer will be touting this coach and organization, how Garrett was on the ropes but he turned it around, etc. Even the ones criticizing him have done it reluctantly... most of them anyway.

I still think the only hope is to get off to a bad start where it's obvious the fans won't care the rest of the season. Even this past year, Jerry was happy because we stayed relevant through the last home game of the year.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yes, the PSL's are a 30 year obligation, AND if you skip a year of buying the tickets, you lose the seats. My PSL's were 4k/seat, which I paid in literal cash (sold weed, lol). My tickets are $1900 a season (2 seats in 434, row 1). If I sell all my tickets, I can make almost double that.

What's fucking absolutely CRAZY is if you want tickets on the 50yrd line, 2nd level, Cowboys side the PSL is...wait for it. ...

$150,000 per seat.

My dad had those seats at Texas Stadium and when he found out the PSL's were a $150K each, he was out. He and I are both CPA's that love to crunch numbers, he calculated that if jeri got 100% of what he was asking for all the PSLs (he didnt) he would have made a billion in profit, so you can see he gets his stadium paid off by merely selling 50% of the PSls and the ons he keeps, he can sell tickets through his ticket company at higher prices

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I want to believe, but I think one decent run, say start 5-2, and everyone will be back on the bandwagon and the local shills like Todd Archer will be touting this coach and organization

you're absolutely right they will, even my curmudgeonly, negative ass will start to get sucked in and thats exactly why jeri makes so much money, that team has so many of our hearts whether we like it or not and in spite of an owner most despise

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Also... I still don't understand how Jerry sold all those PSLs for that kind of absurd money.

many of the fans who grew up during the Landry era were probably at their prime earning capacity when they came on the market plus tons of Dallas businesses buy them as a business expense as perks for employees, customers, etc

you even have potheads like Rynie ponying up to the damn bar to spend their ill-gotten gains. ;)

they were negotiable and they also financed the PSLs most likely through a 3rd party, then sold the note (I'm speculating here, perhaps Rynie can confirm, I bet their is a company with a cowboy sounding name but has nothing to do with the cowboys so when people default, its not the Cowboys organization coming after their fans, its the finance company <which jeri probably has a hidden percentage ownership>)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How many actual seats are the PSL's tied to and how much of those were bought by corporate people and not rank and file fans.

Oh, no doubt, but I've never understood how companies justify wasting money like that. I hear stories of companies basically blowing six figures on unnecessary expenses all the time and I can never understand it.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

$150,000 per seat.

I would keep the seats and make the money. Be like Jerry, its all about the $$.

Top Bottom