Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I guessed this yesterday and I was really hoping that I was talkin out my ass. There is no WR worth moving up for IMO. This franchise is fuckin hopeless. Gotta be Ridley right?

I could not agree with this more. If Dallas is going to trade up it should be for LB Edmunds or Smith. No WR in this draft is worth trading up for. I'm not convinced there's one worth #19!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Guess what guys… we are going to move up in the draft for a WR so Jerry can please all the casual fans. This team is hard to root for.

I think I would be willing to bet against that.

We might move up for a WR at some point, but I bet it wont be with out pick at 19.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
moving up for a wr in the 1st round of this draft would be dumb and i would hate it

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
moving up for a wr in the 1st round of this draft would be dumb and i would hate it

Get ready; its happening (imo).
1. Draft at home, Jerry wanting to make a splash
2. Appeasement of all the retarded fans

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Would any WR already be taken by the time we pick at 19?

From the mocks I’ve seen it seems like we would probably have our pick of all of them at 19.

It’s not like the next Randy Moss is in this draft. There is not a single WR that would be worth moving up for.

Had we of waited till after the draft to dump Dez then at least the entire league wouldn’t know we are picking a WR at 19. Now any team that might want one of the WR’s know that they will need to trade up in front of us to get the one they want

Reaction score
I'm not betting against Jerry taking a WR in the first round.

I think back to all the WR disasters on Jerry's watch.

Trade the 2000 and 2001 number 1 picks for Joey Galloway, who immediately blows a knee in the first game, and is never a big deal.

Draft Antonio Bryant too high in the 2nd round, who was being avoided by all other teams because they all knew he was a shit head. Jerry then anoints him the next Pearson/Irvin with the number 88, and he proves all the draft fears right by being the shit head everybody but Jerry knew he was.

And then, what many consider the worst trade in Cowboys history (other than the already mentioned Galloway disaster), Jerry trades a number 1 and number 3 for Roy Williams (WR), and it never works out. Jerry even gave the worthless Williams a 54 million dollar extension. All of that for 2.35 catches, 33.1 yards, and 0.325 TDs per game.

Yeah, I'm not exactly confident in Jerry handling this.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

if the above happens .......

then this wil be you reading thru all the shit talking we will be doing here on draft night:

rynie.jpg

god have mercy on the 1st person who somehow finds some dumb ass reason to rationalize that WR in R1 is a step in the right direction

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah, don't think I'd bet on it.

And the fans just want them to draft good players, they don't care what the positions are (except for kicker/punter obviously)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Would any WR already be taken by the time we pick at 19?

From the mocks I’ve seen it seems like we would probably have our pick of all of them at 19.

Seems the consensus is somewhere between 10-20. I still think Ridley goes before our pick at 19.

It’s not like the next Randy Moss is in this draft. There is not a single WR that would be worth moving up for.

I can hear the complaints 2-3 yrs from now, "why the hell didn't we move up for Calvin Ridley when we had such an obvious need at WR?????!!!!!!"

Had we of waited till after the draft to dump Dez then at least the entire league wouldn’t know we are picking a WR at 19. Now any team that might want one of the WR’s know that they will need to trade up in front of us to get the one they want

Not really sure I'd buy that. Everyone in the league already knew we were looking at WR's the whole offseason. They all also had a good idea Dez wasn't going to be here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not betting against Jerry taking a WR in the first round.

I think back to all the WR disasters on Jerry's watch.

Trade the 2000 and 2001 number 1 picks for Joey Galloway, who immediately blows a knee in the first game, and is never a big deal.

Draft Antonio Bryant too high in the 2nd round, who was being avoided by all other teams because they all knew he was a shit head. Jerry then anoints him the next Pearson/Irvin with the number 88, and he proves all the draft fears right by being the shit head everybody but Jerry knew he was.

And then, what many consider the worst trade in Cowboys history (other than the already mentioned Galloway disaster), Jerry trades a number 1 and number 3 for Roy Williams (WR), and it never works out. Jerry even gave the worthless Williams a 54 million dollar extension. All of that for 2.35 catches, 33.1 yards, and 0.325 TDs per game.

Yeah, I'm not exactly confident in Jerry handling this.

Geez dude, that's going back a long damn way. I get the complaints but that stuff is ancient history.

The Joey Galloway deal ended up bad, but I understood why they did it at the time, and at that time Galloway was one of the elite WR talents in the league. Jones and the Cowboy coaches thought pairing him with Rocket Ismail (after years of neglecting the WR/TE positions for Aikman) would make us a formidable offense again. Remember Irvin had also just retired. It ended up being bad because Galloway blew the knee week one (IIRC he was fucking blocking at the end of a blowout loss, dumbass coaching staff/Campo) and Aikman ended up having to retire after that season.

They also overpaid for Roy Williams, but fucking 80-90% of Cowboy fans were dying to get that guy and pair him with Owens. Then in typical CZ ****** fashion they all acted like they were all dead set against it when it went bad.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
god have mercy on the 1st person who somehow finds some dumb ass reason to rationalize that WR in R1 is a step in the right direction

As long as they are adhering to their board, I have no issue with it at all.

Reaction score
Geez dude, that's going back a long damn way. I get the complaints but that stuff is ancient history.

The Joey Galloway deal ended up bad, but I understood why they did it at the time, and at that time Galloway was one of the elite WR talents in the league. Jones and the Cowboy coaches thought pairing him with Rocket Ismail (after years of neglecting the WR/TE positions for Aikman) would make us a formidable offense again. Remember Irvin had also just retired. It ended up being bad because Galloway blew the knee week one (IIRC he was fucking blocking at the end of a blowout loss, dumbass coaching staff/Campo) and Aikman ended up having to retire after that season.

They also overpaid for Roy Williams, but fucking 80-90% of Cowboy fans were dying to get that guy and pair him with Owens. Then in typical CZ ****** fashion they all acted like they were all dead set against it when it went bad.

They say hind sight is 20/20, and it couldn't be more clear. Dismiss at your own peril. I see a lot of excuse making you are doing here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They say hind sight is 20/20, and it couldn't be more clear. Dismiss at your own peril. I see a lot of excuse making you are doing here.

Excuse making? Why, because I don't rue over every decision after the fact?

I readily admit I was excited about getting Joey Galloway. I was "ok" with the Roy Williams thing but more that trading for him the thing I questioned at the time was the contract they gave him.

In both instances though, I understood why they went and traded for them.

The stuff that irked me far more than these two moves was all the bad drafting from 94-01 and the bad hires of coaches.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hey, Gays. The schedule comes out tonight. I only care about when we play Houston. Thats the only game in going to. I will gladly pay them to see the Cowboys play before I pay Jerry. I just hope �� the Dez release doesn't affect my abilities to sell tickets to the dumb casual fans.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
damn, I ran home to watch the draft only to find out its not tonight
Next week

Tonight was just the schedule release showing us how we are going to go 9-7 next year

Nothing to see here

Move along.....

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
My boy actually got me a ticket to go to the draft. Id rather go to my second job at UPS and fling boxes instead.

… and I can call in whenever I want.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My boy actually got me a ticket to go to the draft. Id rather go to my second job at UPS and fling boxes instead.

… and I can call in whenever I want.

Got any new juicy rumors?

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You work the preload?

Twilight. Loading. Dallas hub in the hood, lol. I worked there before in college for 5 years, and 10+ years later (at 36 years of age) I'm still a beast! Haha

Top Bottom