Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I have a baby due on the first week of the season, but I'm not excited at all about football.

The draft? I don't fucking care. It's being held like 8 miles from my house at Dysfunction Junction. I dont care.

These new assistant/position coaches? They're not shit.

Dak ain't shit. Dez ain't shit. Sean Lee will break his vagina in day 3 of TC. Now, Tyron Smith (our BEST player) has a bad back. Elliott's Ninja Turtle lookin' ass will get suspended.

But most of all....Garrett, Linehan, and Marinelli. We will continue to run up the middle on 1st down 99% of the time, stay predictable, and not take shots downfield. Our defense will still NOT get to the QB, or get turnovers.

I've put my PSL's up for sale. If I can't sell them, I will go ahead and buy the tickets, but sell ALL OF THEM FOR PROFIT. I hope Theebs is reading this. I also hope opposing fans buy them for every game.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. It's almost more than apathy at this point -- I want Jerry and Garrett to be humiliated, if such a thing is even possible.

What is your feeling about how widespread this feeling is around the Dallas area? If enough people were this apathetic or angry, it might actually cause some kind of change around the team. I'm afraid it's just pockets of us, though, and newer, younger crops of suckers are coming up every day that will sustain Jerry's comfortable little kingdom.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
and yes, our receivers will continue to be blinded by the sun because Jerry is too stubborn to fix the issue

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
and yes, our receivers will continue to be blinded by the sun because Jerry is too stubborn to fix the issue
Defensive backs and linebackers in coverage as well.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score

It's literally an issue maybe ONE time a season. This is the very least of our worries.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. It's almost more than apathy at this point -- I want Jerry and Garrett to be humiliated, if such a thing is even possible.

What is your feeling about how widespread this feeling is around the Dallas area? If enough people were this apathetic or angry, it might actually cause some kind of change around the team. I'm afraid it's just pockets of us, though, and newer, younger crops of suckers are coming up every day that will sustain Jerry's comfortable little kingdom.

Locally, everyone thinks Garrett is a joke.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's literally an issue maybe ONE time a season. This is the very least of our worries.

It's a lot more than that. But what bbgun I think is pointing out is it is a result of Jerry's style over substance aporoach. The sunbeams LOOK good, look good on TV and if it fucks us up on the field occasionally, oh well. It's an example, a symptom of the disease.

Whereas most any other owner wouldn't tolerate any repeats of such issues, period.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on the baby Rynie. They're the only thing to keeping me somewhat sane. Mine are older and college age.

The apathy hit me a long time ago. I see Jerry and company for what they really are. Nothing more than rich used car/snake oil salesmen. But I don't think you can embarrass them enough to change. It's all about the money and they collect it hand over fist. My issue has now progressed to the fans who allow this abortion to continue while supporting Jerry and his product. The ONLY way Jerry will change is if it costs him money.

And don't even get me started on the Dallas media. They're a bunch of pussies. Jerry and company would have been roasted and hung had he owned a team in the Northeast.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah, the Dallas media are a bunch of pussies, but they are also openly questioning Garrett's decisions now, which is refreshing. A few of them have said it's time for him to go.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

no, it's more frequent than that, especially late in the year. why put yourself at a competitive disadvantage even once?

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
no, it's more frequent than that, especially late in the year. why put yourself at a competitive disadvantage even once?

I agree, but it's only a factor at the 325 games, and I can only think of TWO times since 2009 where this was a factor. People are acting like it's every home game, no matter what time. It's simply not.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
and not take shots downfield.
They dont have the QB or WR's to take the shots down the field with, offense has one play maker, who is a gold digger away from a suspension. As for the rest thanks for saving me the keystrokes. Bottom line: Jerry painted over the rust on a 1975 AMC Pacer, put a for sale sign on it, and sadly will still have a multitude of buyers.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I think I already went past apathy and have landed on contempt.
I'm so tired of Jed Clampett and the rest of the hillbillies thinking "success" is a shiny new stadium and practice facility and large deposits in their respective accounts.
As long as Jed thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, we're completely fucked.
Success in the NFL is contending for league championships.
Of course your team should be solvent and well funded.
Unless Jed has some sort of epiphany, our future is bleak.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Jethrine was a very underrated character

jethrine-bodine-jpg.705737

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The ONLY way Jerry will change is if it costs him money.

It won't cost him money, so he won't change. And this, in a nutshell, is the problem with American sports. There is little or no punishment for failure. It's actually rewarded, with a top pick in the draft. Jerry would have been out of business and ran out of town years ago in a European style league system, with promotion and relegation, and the subsequent loss of income that comes with it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
People are acting like it's every home game, no matter what time. It's simply not.
I haven't seen anyone acting like that. I've seen people saying it shouldn't be tolerated at all, beyond the first time it happened.

It's simply unacceptable, period. No matter when or how many times you're talking.

The POINT is, apparently it is acceptable to Jerry, and his 'reasoning' for that is probably right in line with yours: "Ahh well it's only a factor at the 325 games, and I can only think of TWO times since 2009 where this was a factor."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
22 years of mediocre play is a direct result of everyone getting a fucking participation trophy nowadays

Growing up we never got a trophy just for showing up. Is you lost you didn’t get shit! It taught you a lesson and you tried to get better

Reaction score

I think Jerry has no idea just how fed up people are locally. I don't see much Cowboys gear being worn anymore. It's astounding the lack of Cowboys colors.

The letdown factor of keeping the same shit staff in charge will have a profound effect on local ratings and attendance in my opinion. The stadium may still fill up, but it will be with more and more of the opponents' fans.

Even Reality's Shithouse is a good barometer. Using it as a sample size, I'd say it is easy to conclude that 90% or more of Cowboys fans have had it.

Top Bottom