My apathy is at an all-time high - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: My apathy is at an all-time high

1. Back To Top    #91
    Quote Originally Posted by OmerV View Post
    Rynie is one person, and that's my point. Sure, there may be a few individuals here and there that bail on the team, but that isn't the reality for most fans. There will be somebody ready and willing to fill right in so that Rynie isn't missed. There will be no widespread exodus of fans. Again, most fans don't have the extreme views or place the extreme importance on the Cowboys that Rynie might.
    Ratings for the NFL overall have been going down the last couple years. And while millions of fans exist and the NFL is still a long way from going under its not a good trend. Its an even worse trend when you take into account the NFL is shooting its OWN self in its OWN feet causing the decline its OWN self.

Younger fans are more casual in their fandom. The kids now arent anywhere near as passionate about watching games and following the teams as they were in the past. When I was a kid all week in school we all talked about the upcoming games and couldnt wait till Sunday for football. It isnt that way with any kids Im aware of.

So thats the NFL in general but the trend is real. So Jerry has the NFL trend and then add in his 23 year run of futility with fans gradually losing interest. A lot of us still love the Cowboys but its the attachment to the past thats really the love. And Jerry has been killing that love year by year with his pathetic incompetence.

2. Appreciation Dodger12, TheZoneSucks, yimyammer, Doomsday appreciated this post
  3. Back To Top    #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    It is but he lost me at "four dimensionally." From there on I could only picture him being Doctor Emmitt Brown, typing on a computer and yelling "Marrrrrrrty!"
    Great Scott!!

4. lulz Doomsday lulz'd this
  5. Back To Top    #93
    Speaking of apathy, stuff like this is why I don't give two shits about going to the HOF

This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

6. Appreciation Doomsday, icup appreciated this post
  7. Back To Top    #94
    I am a realist: I call them like I see it cml750's Avatar
    My apathy is through the roof. I did not watch the last five games of last season. The NFL as a whole has pissed me off over the kneeling issue and after so many years of futility with an idiot coach, I just decided I could not stomach watching any more Cowboy games last year. I will probably boycott all next season. What is the point of watching when you know the team will not go anywhere with the red headed idiot on the sidelines.

8. Appreciation yimyammer, icup appreciated this post
    Props NoMoRedJ, TheZoneSucks gave props for this post
  9. Back To Top    #95
    Quote Originally Posted by cml750 View Post
    My apathy is through the roof. I did not watch the last five games of last season. The NFL as a whole has pissed me off over the kneeling issue and after so many years of futility with an idiot coach, I just decided I could not stomach watching any more Cowboy games last year. I will probably boycott all next season. What is the point of watching when you know the team will not go anywhere with the red headed idiot on the sidelines.
    I never thought I would ever lose interest and would never want to miss a game. Jerry couldnt kill it for me but the Red Fool has finally. Its pathetic what we've lived thru as fans for 2+ decades.

10. Props TheZoneSucks gave props for this post
  11. Back To Top    #96
    Guess what guys… we are going to move up in the draft for a WR so Jerry can please all the casual fans. This team is hard to root for.

12. lulz Doomsday lulz'd this
    Hate This yimyammer, icup hated this post
  13. Back To Top    #97
    Opinion or word from your source?

In any event, you've accomplished the near impossible......to have a thread closed/locked on DCU.

14. Back To Top    #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynie View Post
    Guess what guys… we are going to move up in the draft for a WR so Jerry can please all the casual fans. This team is hard to root for.
    I guessed this yesterday and I was really hoping that I was talkin out my ass. There is no WR worth moving up for IMO. This franchise is fuckin hopeless. Gotta be Ridley right?

15. Back To Top    #99
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Until that third triplet completes the formula!
    COWBOYS UNDERGROUND

16. Back To Top    #100
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I guessed this yesterday and I was really hoping that I was talkin out my ass. There is no WR worth moving up for IMO. This franchise is fuckin hopeless. Gotta be Ridley right?
    Would not surprise me if it’s DJ Moore.

17. Back To Top    #101
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I could not agree with this more. If Dallas is going to trade up it should be for LB Edmunds or Smith. No WR in this draft is worth trading up for. I'm not convinced there's one worth #19!

18. Back To Top    #102
    I think I would be willing to bet against that.

We might move up for a WR at some point, but I bet it wont be with out pick at 19.

19. Back To Top    #103
    moving up for a wr in the 1st round of this draft would be dumb and i would hate it

20. Appreciation yimyammer, Doomsday appreciated this post
  21. Back To Top    #104
    Quote Originally Posted by icup View Post
    moving up for a wr in the 1st round of this draft would be dumb and i would hate it
    Get ready; its happening (imo).
    1. Draft at home, Jerry wanting to make a splash
    2. Appeasement of all the retarded fans

22. Back To Top    #105

My apathy is at an all-time high

Would any WR already be taken by the time we pick at 19?

From the mocks I’ve seen it seems like we would probably have our pick of all of them at 19.

It’s not like the next Randy Moss is in this draft. There is not a single WR that would be worth moving up for.

Had we of waited till after the draft to dump Dez then at least the entire league wouldn’t know we are picking a WR at 19. Now any team that might want one of the WR’s know that they will need to trade up in front of us to get the one they want

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.