Reaction score
Charles Haley refers to Cowboys as "Losers"

Here's some of the juiciness:

“I don’t think they understand what it takes to win a game,” Haley said, via the Dallas Morning News. “If you want to look back, if that was Coach [Jimmy] Johnson, we would’ve worked harder than we did last year just to repeat that part of it. I don’t see that maturity where guys are doing their own thing out there. When the coach says run 10, you run 15, or you grab your teammates and go run. They took 13-3 for granted and they thought, ‘OK, we’ll win the Super Bowl the next year.’

“I blame everybody. It’s one team and everybody’s together. And that’s the key. I go over there and I tell guys, ‘Man, Jerry built this house for a bunch of damn losers.’ And they get mad. They have to do something about it. I can’t do anything about it, I can’t play. All I can do is give you some knowledge.

He isn't wrong, and once again would get banned by Idgit or Reality if he tried to post this anonymously at the shit-house.

maxdogg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Actually its posted over there but yeah Haley is right !! Soft as shit mentality around valley ranch If we had a handful of guys with Haleys balls we would win a superbowl ! This is the guy who went into the gm's office and jerked off on his desk because he wanted out of san fran LOL !!

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He's right. It's funny how butthurt people over at the 'zone are. Many are acting like they work at Valley Ranch and know what goes on there on a daily basis.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hey David Moore, do you know how to spot a loser?

Answer: Just look in the mirror

Anyone else irritated by the mindset expressed in the article below?

Why Cowboys coach Jason Garrett should tell Charles Haley to take a hike by David Moore

Charles Haley has an opinion.

The Hall of Fame pass rusher believes the current Cowboys don't understand what it takes to win. He says the team took its success in 2016 for granted, blames everyone involved with the organization and adds that owner Jerry Jones "built this house for a bunch of damn losers."

My opinion: Jason Garrett should tell Haley he's no longer welcome at The Star to spend time around the players.

giphy.gif

This isn't about the Cowboys head coach silencing a critic. It's not about shutting down an unpopular opinion. The social media response to Haley shows this to be a very popular opinion. Most fans seem to consider his comments during a recent radio interview to be a breath of fresh air and on target.

That's fine. But Haley isn't simply a fan, a casual observer or a former player with a hot sports take. He's been given access to the team that rivals that of a staffer. He's encouraged to drop by practice whenever he wants to pass along tips on how to play the position or take players under his wing as a mentor.

When Haley degrades the players and publicly questions the program, implying the team would have worked harder and responded properly if it was under Jimmy Johnson, he loses the authority to continue in his role as a quasi-advisor. Why would he want to continue given the lack of respect he has for what's taking place?

giphy.gif

You can dismiss all this with a roll of your eyes and claim it's just Haley being Haley. Don't take it seriously.

The problem is Haley's comments prove he doesn't take his function seriously. He chose to demean players and coaches rather than offer constructive criticism. He abdicated his teaching role for an explosive sound bite.

Fans can embrace what Haley has to say.

Garrett can't, especially in a season where he stands to lose his job if the Cowboys don't show tangible postseason progress.

The best way for Garrett to show he understands what it takes to win in 2018 is to revoke Haley's privileges with this team. That's what Jimmy Johnson would have done.

giphy.gif

Maybe Haley can appreciate that.

Reaction score
Hey David Moore, do you know how to spot a loser?

Answer: Just look in the mirror

Anyone else irritated by the mindset expressed in the article below?

Ummm no. Jimmy Johnson wouldn't have had a team composed of losers to begin with. Haley is right and I've been saying the same thing ever since Wade was the coach. Outside of a few players the Cowboys are just soft. That's why whenever the media picks them to do anything they fall apart. And when they're picked not to do anything they do better. They believe their own hype. They've been living off the reputation of past Cowboy teams for years and it's sick. But of course it will continue. The Dallas media is no better.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't read all his comments, on his comments specific to Taco I kinda wondered if some of that might have been sour grapes because he had gotten wind of the Cowboys planning to have Demarcus Ware work with the pass rushers this offseason and training camp (probably instead of him)

But some of the other comments he made are absolutely legit. I've often said I don't think the team practices hard at all (something he alludes to). Every year in training camp hordes of players miss practice on almost a daily basis, some hardly participate in training camp at all. Some injuries are legit and should be treated with caution, but many times it appears they are cautious to an extreme or it's just players milking an "injury" as an excuse to just sit out. Neither of these things would have ever happened under a coach like Jimmy.

It's definitely a top-down problem there with the culture. (See Terrance Williams recent comments about the team not being focused enough for the playoff game vs GB the yr before last, how the fuck does that happen?) Jones enables players to do as they please, and he has a pussy yes man coach that makes little to no effort to disrupt that mentality. It's a big reason why the team doesn't win consistently or make more serious runs in the postseason.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I haven't read all his comments, on his comments specific to Taco I kinda wondered if some of that might have been sour grapes because he had gotten wind of the Cowboys planning to have Demarcus Ware work with the pass rushers this offseason and training camp (probably instead of him)

But some of the other comments he made are absolutely legit. I've often said I don't think the team practices hard at all (something he alludes to). Every year in training camp hordes of players miss practice on almost a daily basis... Jones enables players to do as they please, and he has a pussy yes man coach that makes little to no effort to disrupt that mentality. It's a big reason why the team doesn't win consistently or make more serious runs in the postseason.
I can tell you for a FACT that all the players, including Witten, routinely ignore Garrett's "curfew" at training camp. The players don't respect him, despite what people want to believe.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I can tell you for a FACT that all the players, including Witten, routinely ignore Garrett's "curfew" at training camp. The players don't respect him, despite what people want to believe.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me at all. I can see where players would equate Garrett as HC to a substitute teacher from high school times or something.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

But I have it on good authority he works out every day and the players all get quiet when he walks in the room

:blowhard

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Rynie dropping dimes.........I like it.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Charles is so right. The homer fans will be butt hurt. Haley is just speaking the truth as a five time champion. He knows this team and current setup are losers. The truth can be harsh when your not doing right. That is just a fact of life.

Reaction score
I disagree... I'd call it gettin people fired up using the 'ol school' method/mentality! The 'tough love' approach? The old way of teaching...which doesn't include blowing smoke up peoples arses. However, if the shoe fits...

Last edited:
Top Bottom