Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
However, I do like Dak. He's a good guy and Im pulling for him. I just see lots of room for improvement. To be fair to him his coaches do him no favor.

Reaction score
I agree that he had a great rookie season. That was with a line and rb that played as about at as high level as you will ever see.He was god awful this past year. He has a weak arm and is probably the most inaccurate starting qb in the league. If his oline and rb return to 2016 form and the defense improves alot he can drive the bus and lead us to wins.

Absolutely. The OL killed him this year and Elliott was average. The coaching will continue to hurt him and he needs to concentrate on football and not making commercials. He doesn't have the arm to be elite. The club can still win with a Prescott but it will take a tough defense to pull it off.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don’t worry guys

His brand spanking new QB coach with ZERO experience will fix him right up. He will turn him into Peyton Manning in no time

Kellen Moore has got this guys! Relax!

Last edited:

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Don’t worry guys

His brand spanking new QB coach with ZERO experience will fix him right up. He will turn him into Peyton Manning in no time

To be fair can he be worse than that goof Wade Wilson? That dude never helped shit.

Reaction score
Don’t worry guys

Ha!! Now l need a drink. The Cowboys would have been better off hiring a wet rag as QB coach would have been a little cheaper too.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes

Yes he can!
He has zero coaching experience and virtually zero actual playing experience

He can be exponentially worse on every level

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ha!! Now l need a drink. The Cowboys would have been better off hiring a wet rag as QB coach would have been a little cheaper too.

Haley it's 9:50 and you just now need a drink? I'm dissapoionted sir.

maxdogg

Practice Squad
Reaction score

This is so freaking sad !! LOL :jerrysign Have a drink my friend so will I !!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As I said this is a stupid thread. Chicken Little fucks. Dak's horsing around and people want to dump him.

It would seem that most non-Cowboys' fans have a more intelligent perspective on Dak. Many that I know attribute his decline to a sophomore slump. I think it's both: sophomore slump and moreso Garrett in typical fashion, attempting to fix what was clearly NOT broken, and thus making things worse.

Can it be agreed upon that of all the player positions, QB is the one that is most impacted by coaching --- good or bad? Afterall, the QB is the most important position. We all know what sort of impact Garret has had on Dak. So to the fool who made this thread... mind you, we get a new QB, but Garrett still the HC and he will have influence over any and all new QBs and they will struggle like Dak, and then what? More threads like this.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
As I said this is a stupid thread. Chicken Little fucks. Dak's horsing around and people want to dump him.

It would seem that most non-Cowboys' fans have a more intelligent perspective on Dak. Many that I know attribute his decline to a sophomore slump. I think it's both: sophomore slump and moreso Garrett in typical fashion, attempting to fix what was clearly NOT broken, and thus making things worse.

Can it be agreed upon that of all the player positions, QB is the one that is most impacted by coaching --- good or bad? Afterall, the QB is the most important position. We all know what sort of impact Garret has had on Dak. So to the fool who made this thread... mind you, we get a new QB, but Garrett still the HC and he will have influence over any and all new QBs and they will struggle like Dak, and then what? More threads like this.

I mean, I called this mid-season last year. Garrett didn't dare tamper with Dak while we were rolling, but come his first offseason the "coaching" began! Dak's decline was exactly as predictable as our four game win falloff. I seem to recall predicting both.

Why is anyone surprised?

If course, all the dropped passes didn't help Dak, and neither did our failure to correct problems all season like, defenses taking away our slot receiver who was our leading receiver in 2016? We never fixed that and it never looked like we even attempted to do so.

That alone could account for most of the Dak production difference and ALL of the difference in the w-l record.

maxdogg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I mean, I called this mid-season last year. Garrett didn't dare tamper with Dak while we were rolling, but come his first offseason the "coaching" began! Dak's decline was exactly as predictable as our four game win falloff. I seem to recall predicting both.

Why is anyone surprised?

If course, all the dropped passes didn't help Dak, and neither did our failure to correct problems all season like, defenses taking away our slot receiver who was our leading receiver in 2016? We never fixed that and it never looked like we even attempted to do so.

That alone could account for most of the Dak production difference and ALL of the difference in the w-l record.

I hope you are right because Dak looked totally spent this year and nobody wants to watch that crap again next year:poop

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree that he had a great rookie season. That was with a line and rb that played as about at as high level as you will ever see.He was god awful this past year. He has a weak arm and is probably the most inaccurate starting qb in the league. If his oline and rb return to 2016 form and the defense improves alot he can drive the bus and lead us to wins.

He was not awful all yr, he was bad the 2nd half of the season. Prior to that his numbers were good and the offense was playing well.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
its clear that the coaching staff isnt doing dak any favors, because they literally dont kno how.

in 2016-17 linehan had an out of body experience every sunday and he was able to be creative and design some nice plays . &dallas stood pretty healthy

this past yr he turtled big time

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Long time no see Lons, where u been?

I've had the exact same fears.

Dak seems far more durable but IIRC, RG3 threw a great long ball and his passes seemed really pretty and sharp but I cant remember how accurate he was or how is ball placement was

I lurk most of the time these days. Busy work scheudle and just moved etc. Just had little time for research and this had bothered me all year and then the very reason that folks are telling me to chill out and give him a chance is the very reason we don't have time to do so. He was a 4th round pick. Meaning his contract was for 3 years. Does anyone think he's that much of a stud to say "Let's roll with what we got and not look elsewhere." during the draft and FA? Seriously? And yeah so far this offseason has started out with a large shit the bed already by making Moore the new QB coach and the new LB coach who wa to take over as DC was stolen by the Colts out from under us.

Dak looked awful, even int he first 8 games. Don't pretend he didn't. He looked lost at times, sure he had a few terrific games, but they were against awful oppentents. Seriously, this was a year that would could have won 13 games due to injuries to other teams QBs and we shat the bed every time we had a chance. I like the kid. I think he has a good head on his shoulders, he mature and I like his story and moxy. I just don't like it enough to pay him mid way through this year (which is what Jerry always does in these situations) like he's the future of this organization and then hit 5 or 6 years with this kid that hit his ceiling year one and never made it back to the top floor again. Before Romo, how many QBs did we have again? Seriously between Troy and Romo do you guys not remember all the time we wasted on ex baseball players and throw aways from other teams? This is terrorfying in that we are looking down the barrel of no back up for Dak right this minute and no prospets besides Showers on the PT. If Showers even comes back this year. This team is not built for a bus driver. So we have to tear it all down for the Tim Tebow we had the last 8 games of last season?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score

Dak was horsing around? I'm not talking about what he's doing off the field. I've never given a rats ass what a player did off the field as long as it didn't effect the team. I honestly have no idea what you are refering to. A Sophmore slump for a player on a 3 year contract in a position that can take up half the salary cap of a team if they press it, is what has me worried, we have no plan B. As things stand now, shitty player or not, we will HAVE to pay him as there is no alternitives right now. Nothing. And no, I don't believe Romo was affected by Wade Wilson at all. Wade had probably the easiest job in the NFL the last 10 years. Romo did Romo, Wade had about as much impact on Romo as I did. You can either play QB or you cannot. Dak is a bus driver. He was always a bus driver which is why he slipped to the fourth round. If a team has a bus driver, they better have a good oline and they better have a good defense. Last year we had a shitty o line and a much improved D that still has a lot of work to do that now has a DC that has 1 year left in the tank "maybe" with no DC in wait anymore.

All around this team is a mess right now and there is very little hope that this will change in this offseason. Watch how this plays out. Dak is gonna get paid like a starter by mid way and win or lose we will be stuck with him for another 3-5 years. That was the only thing I was trying to bring to your line of sight. We are fucked.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I lurk most of the time these days. Busy work scheudle and just moved etc. Just had little time for research and this had bothered me all year and then the very reason that folks are telling me to chill out and give him a chance is the very reason we don't have time to do so. He was a 4th round pick. Meaning his contract was for 3 years. Does anyone think he's that much of a stud to say "Let's roll with what we got and not look elsewhere." during the draft and FA? Seriously? And yeah so far this offseason has started out with a large shit the bed already by making Moore the new QB coach and the new LB coach who wa to take over as DC was stolen by the Colts out from under us.

Dak looked awful, even int he first 8 games. Don't pretend he didn't. He looked lost at times, sure he had a few terrific games, but they were against awful oppentents. Seriously, this was a year that would could have won 13 games due to injuries to other teams QBs and we shat the bed every time we had a chance. I like the kid. I think he has a good head on his shoulders, he mature and I like his story and moxy. I just don't like it enough to pay him mid way through this year (which is what Jerry always does in these situations) like he's the future of this organization and then hit 5 or 6 years with this kid that hit his ceiling year one and never made it back to the top floor again. Before Romo, how many QBs did we have again? Seriously between Troy and Romo do you guys not remember all the time we wasted on ex baseball players and throw aways from other teams? This is terrorfying in that we are looking down the barrel of no back up for Dak right this minute and no prospets besides Showers on the PT. If Showers even comes back this year. This team is not built for a bus driver. So we have to tear it all down for the Tim Tebow we had the last 8 games of last season?

you have not heard the legendof cooper rush?????

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak was horsing around? I'm not talking about what he's doing off the field. I've never given a rats ass what a player did off the field as long as it didn't effect the team. I honestly have no idea what you are refering to.

Are you fucking kidding? You started this thread stating this under the video:

Dak is not the future. I just saw this video where he was embarrassed by David Carr in a QB skills comp.

This QB skills "comp" was him horsing around on his off time, but yet you arrived at the foolish notion based upon that video that he's not the future. Ridiculous.

A Sophmore slump for a player on a 3 year contract in a position that can take up half the salary cap of a team if they press it, is what has me worried, we have no plan B. As things stand now, shitty player or not, we will HAVE to pay him as there is no alternitives right now. Nothing. And no, I don't believe Romo was affected by Wade Wilson at all. Wade had probably the easiest job in the NFL the last 10 years. Romo did Romo, Wade had about as much impact on Romo as I did. You can either play QB or you cannot. Dak is a bus driver. He was always a bus driver which is why he slipped to the fourth round. If a team has a bus driver, they better have a good oline and they better have a good defense. Last year we had a shitty o line and a much improved D that still has a lot of work to do that now has a DC that has 1 year left in the tank "maybe" with no DC in wait anymore.

WRONG. Dak is on a 4 year contract. And Garrett had more of the (negative) impact on both Romo and Dak. His lousy scheme. Trying to make Romo into Brady with this "standing tall". And Dak played QB just fine last year. Or when Dak was getting sacked 6 times and hit numerous times in one game was just our imagination. If the defense knows the plays and the routes the receivers run, and the predictability of the HC's playcalling, and wrs dropping passes... bad or good QB is going to have problems. You cannot have optimum success under those conditions.

There is no fucking Plan B iF Garrett is still the HC. Bringing in another QB and Garrett will mess that one up as well.

All around this team is a mess right now and there is very little hope that this will change in this offseason. Watch how this plays out. Dak is gonna get paid like a starter by mid way and win or lose we will be stuck with him for another 3-5 years. That was the only thing I was trying to bring to your line of sight. We are fucked.

We've been fucked for more than 20 years --- long before Dak got here. And as long as Jerry is breathing and/or Garrett is HC, we'll still be fucked, no matter who is the QB.

Top Bottom