lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Dak is not the future. I just saw this video where he was embarrassed by David Carr in a QB skills comp.

[video=youtube;RznFr8cNlzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RznFr8cNlzU[/video]

Which got me thinking of another QB that had a terrific 1st year and then came back and made you ask yourself if it was the same guy out there, RG3.

DAKRG3COMPAREYEAR1AND2.jpg

Without looking them up, could you even tell me who was who from this? The first 1 is year 1 and the second 1 is year 2. Dak and RG3.

Vomit

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Dak is not the future. I just saw this video where he was embarrassed by David Carr in a QB skills comp.

Which got me thinking of another QB that had a terrific 1st year and then came back and made you ask yourself if it was the same guy out there, RG3.

View attachment 4016

Without looking them up, could you even tell me who was who from this? The first 1 is year 1 and the second 1 is year 2. Dak and RG3.

Vomit
Man is 22-10 with 45 TDS 17 INTs. Without Elliot for six games and no real Nr #1 receiver. He’s not going anywhere.....

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I have no qualms saying Dak played about as well as his mother would have last season, but I'm not going to say he can't turn it around.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dak just needs to shake off the acute CTE from the atlanta game last year

how many hits do you think you can take from a future HOF DLine player like adrian clayborn??? it would have killed a lesser man

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Of course if we're honest the comparison between Dak and RGPee is silly on its face - Heisman trophy winner and #2 overall pick vs. a 4th rounder? RGPee can legitimately and without any argument whatsoever be called a bust. Because he is. Dak isn't. Not by a long way.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I was referencing the numbers because in RG3's 3rd season he nose-dived got hurt and never got it together again. They are basically the same player. The problem here is RG3 had 5 years before he had to be paid (5th year option was taken). Dak has 1 year left and then we gotta pay him or walk him. If he sucks again this year do you still say he's the way to stay? Because I don't. And it's not a dumb thread. They guy had every opportunity to put the O on his back this year and he never got it done.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

View attachment 4016

Vomit

Long time no see Lons, where u been?

I've had the exact same fears.

Dak seems far more durable but IIRC, RG3 threw a great long ball and his passes seemed really pretty and sharp but I cant remember how accurate he was or how is ball placement was

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was referencing the numbers because in RG3's 3rd season he nose-dived got hurt and never got it together again. They are basically the same player. The problem here is RG3 had 5 years before he had to be paid (5th year option was taken). Dak has 1 year left and then we gotta pay him or walk him. If he sucks again this year do you still say he's the way to stay? Because I don't. And it's not a dumb thread. They guy had every opportunity to put the O on his back this year and he never got it done.

He's a 2nd year 4th round pick. Who is getting horrible coaching. Dak and Griffin are NOT the same player, not even close. They don't even have the same temperament or maturity level.

All that said you definitely do have one valid point. No way would I support a big money long term contract even if Dak returns to his 2016 performance levels. Only way I would support that is if Dak is the defending NFC Champion quarterback to boot.

Winning isn't everything but it's the only thing.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dak is not as accurate from the pocket as is necessary to really put a team on his back. On top of that those comparing him to Derek Carr does not really do him justice. Carr is probably a top 5 arm talent in the league. Dak does not a throw a 35 yard rope whereas Carr does. First if there is something mechanically wrong with Dak (his feet placement) does anybody really think Helen Moore can fix it? Of course not. He would need a guy like DeFilippo who did wonders for Foles this year. For Dak to lead a team deep into the playoffs and get paid he would need a much better support staff than he has here. I would draft a QB if the right guy comes along and I would not trip over myself to pay Dak, not at this point. Jury is out and I currently lean Dak is not the guy.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dak is not as accurate from the pocket as is necessary to really put a team on his back. On top of that those comparing him to Derek Carr does not really do him justice. Carr is probably a top 5 arm talent in the league. Dak does not a throw a 35 yard rope whereas Carr does. First if there is something mechanically wrong with Dak (his feet placement) does anybody really think Helen Moore can fix it? Of course not. He would need a guy like DeFilippo who did wonders for Foles this year. For Dak to lead a team deep into the playoffs and get paid he would need a much better support staff than he has here. I would draft a QB if the right guy comes along and I would not trip over myself to pay Dak, not at this point. Jury is out and I currently lean Dak is not the guy.

That wasn't Derek Carr in the video. It was David Carr who's been retired for a decade. Dak is a bus driver at best.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That wasn't Derek Carr in the video. It was David Carr who's been retired for a decade. Dak is a bus driver at best.

If he drives the bus like he did the first 25 starts of his career (counting the GB playoff game) then he absolutely should be the longterm QB here, and I have no problem with him. He had what almost anyone could say is one of the top, if not the top rookie seasons ever for a rookie starting QB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If he drives the bus like he did the first 25 starts of his career (counting the GB playoff game) then he absolutely should be the longterm QB here, and I have no problem with him. He had what almost anyone could say is one of the top, if not the top rookie seasons ever for a rookie starting QB.
And what was Romo, a helicopter driver? Mostly hovered and crashed a lot?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And what was Romo, a helicopter driver? Mostly hovered and crashed a lot?

Not sure I see the point.

Prescott completed an enormous % of his passes, had a high yds per attempt, an off the charts TD to INT ratio and most importantly, hardly ever turned the ball over or threw the ball into bad spots.

Now those last 8 games, Prescott definitely shit the bed and he has to get better. If he shows no improvement next yr then he cant be the guy longterm. But IMHO the Prescott of his first 25 games was definitely more than good enough to win a championship with.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I agree that he had a great rookie season. That was with a line and rb that played as about at as high level as you will ever see.He was god awful this past year. He has a weak arm and is probably the most inaccurate starting qb in the league. If his oline and rb return to 2016 form and the defense improves alot he can drive the bus and lead us to wins.

Top Bottom