Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
247Sports

This is an interesting article stating that our O-line isn’t even top ten in the league anymore

Beyond that I found one piece of information interesting. Last year Dak was under pressure on 28.6% of his dropbacks.

That’s nearly 1/3 of the time that he was being pressured. This can explain some of last years results

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I always thought the prevalent line of thinking is that a good QB wants to see a team blitz him. It opens up the field for a big gain. The issue is that Dak can't pull the trigger and make a team pay by going downfield. You pressure him and he'll dump it off. Then when you don't pressure him, he'll dump it off again.

maxdogg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I always thought the prevalent line of thinking is that a good QB wants to see a team blitz him. It opens up the field for a big gain. The issue is that Dak can't pull the trigger and make a team pay by going downfield. You pressure him and he'll dump it off. Then when you don't pressure him, he'll dump it off again.

Sad to say but so true. That's what I saw all year long. I love the kid but I think he lacks a lot.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Last year Dak was under pressure on 28.6% of his dropbacks.

That’s nearly 1/3 of the time that he was being pressured.

that doesn't seem high, how does that compare to the rest of the league

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I believe that stat was in the article as well. It was the 12th highest in the league

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Rule of thumb on the blitz if you cant go downfield, throw just behind where the blitz cam from, usually you will find a seam there.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
With former NFL QBs Garrett and Wilson, and now Moore schooling him, Dak will turn those 5 yard outs into 6 yard outs in no time.

Top Bottom