Reaction score
There's no excuse. KC has an excellent defense, decent WRs, and a stud RB. Reid is no slouch of a HC. No excuse as to why Smith didn't do better.

Agreed. But Reid is a question mark too. Not too much real post season success.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Doing more with less. Zimmer, Pederson, etc. Without a doubt there is no team that is as talented as the Cowboys and have the worst coaching.

Talent wise the Cowboys should be competitive every year. But that would require a real NFL head coach. How else can one explain a 12-4 & 13-3 record?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes, it does.

And I think you guys have it all wrong about Smith. I can see the Redskins being a big problem now from here on out. They've definitely upgraded.

9229adbd39bb57bbf6a9183562dd08f4.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The stats alone don't determine the upgrade. Just remember what I toldja.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have Smith over Cousins

But performance wise the numbers don’t prove Smith to be a better QB

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have Smith over Cousins

But performance wise the numbers don’t prove Smith to be a better QB

The meme completely ignores the boneheaded play of Cousins.

Washington isn't thinking Super Bowl with Smith. They're thinking about the rookie 1st round QB they're gonna draft learning from a intelligent guy instead of a dumb cluckboy.

Smith is a significant upgrade in candle power, just for openers. Wouldn't be shocked to see him have a career year at Washington.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The meme completely ignores the boneheaded play of Cousins.

Washington isn't thinking Super Bowl with Smith. They're thinking about the rookie 1st round QB they're gonna draft learning from a intelligent guy instead of a dumb cluckboy.

Smith is a significant upgrade in candle power, just for openers. Wouldn't be shocked to see him have a career year at Washington.

And then Gruden will look like a great coach compared to the Red Headed Sideline Clapper

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He just had his best “career year” last year with KC. And they traded his ass

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I get it. Cousins wasn’t the answer. But Smith is NOT the difference maker and not the guy to take them to the next level

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I get it. Cousins wasn’t the answer. But Smith is NOT the difference maker and not the guy to take them to the next level
Well Dooms, consider. The Redskins do not have as strong a running game as the Chiefs. That's likely to impact Alex Smith.

JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
Yeah as hope for the best of luck with Cousin wherever he lands. But the question is, will Alex Smith be the answer? Giving him a huge deal that critics say should had been that of Cousins all along.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

So then why pay the guy $71 million? That's quite expensive. Be more cheaper to just simply tank the season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah. They didn't bring Smith in to lose.
Annnnnnd... Nobody said they did. BUT they are very aware they're not "one player away from the super bowl." So the addition of Smith isn't about that.
So then why pay the guy $71 million? That's quite expensive.
But overall, cheaper than if they franchised Cousins one more time. And it's about equal to what they were paying Cousins the last two years.

They want Cousins out of there and have a intelligent, capable mentor for the rookie 1st rounder they are about to draft. Their thinking is let the rookie watch and learn from Smith for a couple of years.

I didn't say it was overly bright on their part.

Reaction score
Annnnnnd... Nobody said they did. BUT they are very aware they're not "one player away from the super bowl." So the addition of Smith isn't about that.
But overall, cheaper than if they franchised Cousins one more time. And it's about equal to what they were paying Cousins the last two years.

They want Cousins out of there and have a intelligent, capable mentor for the rookie 1st rounder they are about to draft. Their thinking is let the rookie watch and learn from Smith for a couple of years.

I didn't say it was overly bright on their part.

The Redskins realized that keeping Cousins would be difficult at best so they picked up Smith with view of having a competitive QB. They have the draft and FA ahead. I mean who envisioned the Eagles going to the SB after Kelly gutted them. I don't think Smith is the answer but he is as capable as Cousins and the Redskins are paying him winners money. We shall see .

Top Bottom