Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I believe Cousins is a better qb than Smith. In fact two seasons ago with weapons like Jackson,Garcoin,and Reed he was a great qb. I really liked Cousins coming out of Michigan St. Redskins really botched it with Cousins. I would kill to have Cousins over Dak. He is twice the qb.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just don’t see him being the difference maker

Unless you are Jerry Jones, then he’s the one player they were missing to make it to the super bowl.

They're not thinking that way at all. Watch.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, they gave up 71 million guaranteed to sign Smith to a new deal, a 3rd rd pick and Kendell Fuller.

Seems like an awful lot to give up get a QB that could never get a decent KC team anywhere.

Reaction score
Smith and Cousins are the same dog...with different fleas. Redskins were seeking stability at QB.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Watch Jay Gruden get way more out of his offense with Alex Smith than Red will get with Dak.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
smith threw bombs to tyreek hill all year long

they prob had to pay smith up front because wash is gonna draft a rookie qb day 1 or day 2 and thats the exact situation smith just left behind in kc

everything i read early last yr about kc was smith wasnt exactly excited the team drafted mahomes in the 1st.

i think washington gave up too much tho

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes, it does.

And I think you guys have it all wrong about Smith. I can see the Redskins being a big problem now from here on out. They've definitely upgraded.

I hope so. Because maybe a couple more years of consecutive 3rd and 4th place finishes, Jerry MIGHT get the message and finally ditch Garrett. I'm being optimistic here. Thing is, the Redskins might get 2nd place in the division at best with Alex Smith. They will not be a major player in the NFC landscape. What you fail to grasp Doomsday is that Alex Smith under Andy Reid likely will not be the same coming under Jay Gruden.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I believe Cousins is a better qb than Smith. In fact two seasons ago with weapons like Jackson,Garcoin,and Reed he was a great qb. I really liked Cousins coming out of Michigan St. Redskins really botched it with Cousins. I would kill to have Cousins over Dak. He is twice the qb.

He'd fare no better here under Garrett.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow, they gave up 71 million guaranteed to sign Smith to a new deal, a 3rd rd pick and Kendell Fuller.

Seems like an awful lot to give up get a QB that could never get a decent KC team anywhere.

There's no excuse. KC has an excellent defense, decent WRs, and a stud RB. Reid is no slouch of a HC. No excuse as to why Smith didn't do better.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Red has more talent to work with but if you look at which coach gets the most out of what talent he has Gruden will win every time.

Doing more with less. Zimmer, Pederson, etc. Without a doubt there is no team that is as talented as the Cowboys and have the worst coaching.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hate the Redskins. Part of me think they purposely got swept by the Cowboys, just so to help the Cowboys win enough that Jerry would keep Garrett.

Top Bottom