LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hey Jerry! What if the Eagles subscribed to your idiotic San Fran gold miner theory, and kept Chip Kelly? Do you think they would be hoisting that Lombardi to day? And by the way... where is Chip Kelly? And Kelly was a more capable HC than Garrett.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Philly fans are trash and will always be trash. I wanted to pull for NE because I despise Philly and the scum that live there. Couldn't do it. I watched a masterful coaching, amazing execution of plays, and a Christian QB laying it all out and then giving thanks to the Lord. Amazing game. Congratulations Eagles, you did it.

We have so far to go.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So now that Foles is the Super Bowl MVP I wonder what Wentz is worth as trade bait

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett is going to spend all offseason studying Pederson's plays, and then figuring how mhe can put hius twist on it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
LOL
570ad3348412c0daabba02b5740d5204.jpg

3681ff09279ff3c365bd3b98daa6ff3b.jpg

12508e2eab4b83363dd4f5048594a967.jpg

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can imagine right now that Lurie is more than content to just sign the checks and leave the football to those that know.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Against my better judgement I decided to watch the game.

Welcome to Goodell's NFL. That had to be one of the worst quality of play Super Bowls ever (if not THE worst). Maybe two good defensive plays the entire game, DOZENS of missed tackles, horrendous officiating, more "catch/no-catch controversy", probably another terrible halftime show (I say probably because I didn't watch one second of it) and in the end, truly a game that makes fans of video game type football proud because the offenses went up and down the field like they were running 11 on 7 drills all day. 1149 yds of total offense (which I believe they showed a blurb at the end of the game saying this was most total offense for ANY game in NFL history). Mike Patricia can now start his own "#metoo" movement and join Mike Zimmer in the sun as two supposed defensive geniuses that both made Nick Foles look like Joe Montana. The commercials were garbage too.

So glad this season is over.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Guy that won millions on the Astros in the WS let his money ride and had the Eagles on the moneyline. Thought I heard he lived in the Middle East. Must be nice.

Thought I read that there were 3 or 4 seven figure bets on Eagles total

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If anyone has it, put up the clip of the final play of the game. Not that it mattered because the outcome likely would have been the same, but a Philly defender just jacks up a New England receiver about 15-20 yds upfield from where the hail mary pass went. Dude was totally wiped out and it at the least should have been an illegal contact penalty, at worst a 15 yd penalty for unnecessary roughness or hitting a defenseless receiver. New England should have gotten one more offensive snap.

Its also interesting that there was only one sack in the game (combined) but not one single holding penalty called.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Also, for all those hooing and hawing over the great decision to go for it on 4th and 1 at the end of the half (like Cris Collingsworth), there really wasn't any real decision to make there. Had Philly not made it, New England would get the ball with about 30 seconds left and would have had to go 99 yds with only 1 TO (or minimum of 60+ yds just to get into FG range)

The score at the time was 15-12, so getting 3 pts, then kicking off and giving NE better field position with time to also get into FG range themselves really didn't accomplish much, plus everyone recalls what happened last yr when NE was down 28-3 late in the 3rd quarter and still came back and won. Collinsworth acted like it was the most amazing decision in the history of football, when it wasn't really a "decision" at all.

Oh, and kudos to officials for missing the illegal formation penalty on the TD! More Goodell greatness!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A guy I know, fellow Cowboys' fan -- diehard like myself or rather used to be. Much like myself, doesn't even care anymore. Thing is, he has a son about 9 years old, who likes the Cowboys --- following after his father. The man does not want his son to be a Cowboys' fan. He wants to discourage him without it being so obvious. He only watches the games because his son wants to. The son wants the jerseys with Prescott and Zeke, but the father doesn't want to give Jerry any more money. He asked me for advice and I have no asnwers for him. I know exactly how he feels. Uusally kids at that age like more than one team, so I guess I can tell him to emphasize those other teams more than the Cowboys.

I can relate Laz. I've condemned my son to the same fate. But the kid is smarter than me. He walked away from a game we were watching to do something else rather than watch Jerry's abortion. I never could have done that even in 89 or through the Campo years. I took the pain.

I'm indifferent to the whole thing and couldn't care less about the Eagles. People think that this will somehow embarrass Jerry but they'd be sadly mistaken. Jerry's a winner in his world; his team made mad money, he built the Star, Dak is #1 in Jersey sales and his team is still marketable and a money maker going forward.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
No Edelman, no Cooks: 33 points and a millions yards vs well-rested, motivated Philly starters

Dallas in WK 17: full complement of receivers and Elliott in the backfield vs unmotivated Philly backups: 6 points

but we're close, guys. real close.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If anyone has it, put up the clip of the final play of the game. Not that it mattered because the outcome likely would have been the same, but a Philly defender just jacks up a New England receiver about 15-20 yds upfield from where the hail mary pass went. Dude was totally wiped out and it at the least should have been an illegal contact penalty, at worst a 15 yd penalty for unnecessary roughness or hitting a defenseless receiver. New England should have gotten one more offensive snap.

Its also interesting that there was only one sack in the game (combined) but not one single holding penalty called.

yeah, i saw that, but Gronk pushed off right before he got to the goal line. you rarely see flags thrown in hail mary, jump ball situations.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No Edelman, no Cooks: 33 points and a millions yards vs well-rested, motivated Philly starters

Dallas in WK 17: full complement of receivers and Elliott in the backfield vs unmotivated Philly backups: 6 points

but we're close, guys. real close.

over/under on how many days before jeri cites shutting out the Super Bowl champeens as reason for optimism in 2018?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Somebody might want to double check me, but I think last night's win makes the NFC East the only division in which all teams are SB champs.
Still, though, fuck the Eagles.

Top Bottom