krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
What monumental insolence, after all these years of criticizing Dallas for being in America’s team, Eagles fans now they try to hijack our name. First they stole the Browns’ dog identity, now because they think America is tired of the Patriots, they are calling themselves “America’s Team”. They don’t even have a strong national following, but just like old left over Cowboys players, Philadelphia grab whatever they can from Dallas....

Hey, Dallas NOW who's America's Team? | PhillyVoice

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
~yawn~

Call me when it's the actual TEAM calling itself that, instead of some minor idiot blog writer on some pissant philly news site.

This has no more prominence to it than us wishing Jerry dead.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Call me when it's a third party of national relevance, like NFL Films.
Well. The title of the thread makes the claim that it's the Eagles who are "stealing" the name, when it's not, it's just some moron blog writer making a infantile comparison.

But yeah, we didn't come up with that name or even endorse it, it was foisted on us by none other than NFL Films.

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Well. The title of the thread makes the claim that it's the Eagles who are "stealing" the name, when it's not, it's just some moron blog writer making a infantile comparison.

But yeah, we didn't come up with that name or even endorse it, it was foisted on us by none other than NFL Films.
True, but I live in Philadelphia, and the two major papers say the same thing. Philly.com is affiliated with the Philadelphia Inquirer. I just thought it’s very cocky of them to proclaim something when the Super Bowl hasn’t been play yet. Just another example of how this city and it’s fan base over react when they get a little success. They were shooting off their mouths when the Flyers went to the Cup finals in 2010, always talking shit....

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What monumental insolence, after all these years of criticizing Dallas for being in America’s team, Eagles fans now they try to hijack our name. First they stole the Browns’ dog identity, now because they think America is tired of the Patriots, they are calling themselves “America’s Team”. They don’t even have a strong national following, but just like old left over Cowboys players, Philadelphia grab whatever they can from Dallas....

Hey, Dallas NOW who's America's Team? | PhillyVoice

. . - YouTube

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is why philly will never win shit

they want it too bad and they get ahead of themselves and divine intervention will take care of the rest

what fucking retards

gimmi the pats by 17

Reaction score
True, but I live in Philadelphia, and the two major papers say the same thing. Philly.com is affiliated with the Philadelphia Inquirer. I just thought it’s very cocky of them to proclaim something when the Super Bowl hasn’t been play yet. Just another example of how this city and it’s fan base over react when they get a little success. They were shooting off their mouths when the Flyers went to the Cup finals in 2010, always talking shit....

My condolences!

Reaction score
Thank you. 24/7 nothing but Eagles talk on the morning/evening news. Thirsty ass Philadelphians acting like they never been to a championship game of any sport...

My beloved Canadiens used to thump those Flyers many years ago when they still played real hockey.

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
1976 The Flying Frenchmen wiped out the Flyers 4-0. Guy Laflure, Ken
Dryden and the rest of Montreal silenced these Philly fans once and for all...

Reaction score
1976 The Flying Frenchmen wiped out the Flyers 4-0. Guy Laflure, Ken
Dryden and the rest of Montreal silenced these Philly fans once and for all...

Absolutely. Those Montreal clubs were just as tough as the Flyers also. Larry Robinson-Pierre Bouchard-Bill Nyrop-Rick Chartraw-Doug Risebrough-Mario Tremblay were all tough nuts.

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Absolutely. Those Montreal clubs were just as tough as the Flyers also. Larry Robinson-Pierre Bouchard-Bill Nyrop-Rick Chartraw-Doug Risebrough-Mario Tremblay were all tough nuts.
was Henri Richard on the 76 Cup team? Been so long ago I forget most of players outside of Philadelphia..

Top Bottom