icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's too late for Jerry to get credit for anything. He has even lost whatever credit he had for the first 3 SB's.

if jerry stepped down and hired a GM today, i would throw a fuckin parade and give jerry credit for finally making the right move for the franchise

i think we'd all do the same and if not, you are in denial and you are a fake fan and you probably have herpes

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
totally agree and say it all the time

Many like to say money is all jeri cares about, I no longer think thats the case, he's got plenty, more than he'll ever spend. What he values and craves most is the limelight and the attention he receives. I believe thats why he's so miserable under guys like Parcels and Jimmy, because everyone knew those with the guys in charge of football and were respected for it and therefore no one cared what dumbass jones had to say.

I daydream about all media ending all contact with jeri, all his shows cancelled and no one wanting to put a camera or microphone in front of his dumb face. If somehow all cowboy fans could unite in ignoring him to the point where no media source wants to speak with him, interview him, write articles about him, quote him, etc...it might possibly result in the changes we'd love to see happen. That is, until some dumb ass started sticking a camera or microphone back in his face
Yes you are correct, Jerral wants his face on every TV screen in America. Too busy trying to screw over Goodell instead of worrying about his team. Kissing 45’s ass, just to be mentioned in a tweet. Threaten the players over a piece of cloth & a song. If Jerral really wants to threaten the players, how about threaten them for blowing a 11 & 15 point lead vs the Rams & Packers. Man is an attention whore, being rich is not enough anymore....

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
no doubt about it, if he had humbled himself and propped up Jimmy and taken a public back seat, everyone would be praising the shit out of him for hiring Jimmy, writing a million dollar check to get Herschal to accept the trade, etc, etc

But something happened in his pea sized brain and he's never gotten over it. He used to proclaim "If you're willing to give others credit, you can conquer the world"

too bad jeri no longer believes this (if he ever did)

jeri on "credit" - YouTube
Look at him in 2013, egomaniac Jones demands credit for when the Cowboys make the Super Bowl, lol. You worthless mother fucker all you get is the blame, that’s why you closed your message board while the rest of the NFC East sites are still running. Because Jerral is a pussy, with his secret sauce and all the other foolishness he speaking the last 22 years without Jimmy...Jerry Jones: When we win a Super Bowl, give me the credit as G.M. – ProFootballTalk

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It does warm my heart a little to see all this newfound (at least in a widespread way) hate for Jerry Jones and Garrett.

Honestly, I've had enough of Jerry and his family business. I'm barely a fan anymore. I would love to see the whole thing burn to the ground so this franchise could start something new and different that I can get behind again. I don't see how that happens but it would be glorious to see.

408Cowboy

Spectator
Reaction score
if jerry stepped down and hired a GM today, i would throw a fuckin parade and give jerry credit for finally making the right move for the franchise

i think we'd all do the same and if not, you are in denial and you are a fake fan and you probably have herpes

Would rather the team have herpes than the clap

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It does warm my heart a little to see all this newfound (at least in a widespread way) hate for Jerry Jones and Garrett.

Honestly, I've had enough of Jerry and his family business. I'm barely a fan anymore. I would love to see the whole thing burn to the ground so this franchise could start something new and different that I can get behind again. I don't see how that happens but it would be glorious to see.

right there with ya, jeri has completely ruined it for me and dashed any and all hope I had left, I despise him

Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I had respect for Jerry. Probably when he hired Parcells and that was the only time since Jimmy left.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's too late for Jerry to get credit for anything. He has even lost whatever credit he had for the first 3 SB's.

The only "credit" he should have ever gotten for those teams was hiring Jimmy in the first place. He deserves all sorts of props for that, but he ruined it.

Reaction score
The only "credit" he should have ever gotten for those teams was hiring Jimmy in the first place. He deserves all sorts of props for that, but he ruined it.

That's the only credit he ever got from me. It looked good early in his ownership...but l have grown to loath Jerry Jones and all the smooze he tries to lay off on the old fans. He has ruined the Dallas Cowboys.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Everyone knows I hate the man with the fire of a 1000 suns but I give him credit for making the Walker trade happen by paying him over a million plus a house to get him to accept the trade, given the financial pressure jeri was under, that was huge and not something cheap Tex Schram was likely to do.

That and hiring jimmy should have been more than enough credit but hell nah....

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Many like to say money is all jeri cares about, I no longer think thats the case, he's got plenty, more than he'll ever spend. What he values and craves most is the limelight and the attention he receives. I believe thats why he's so miserable under guys like Parcels and Jimmy, because everyone knew those with the guys in charge of football and were respected for it and therefore no one cared what dumbass jones had to say.

I still think money is #1 above all else. These rich guys never have enough. In his mind, Dak is a guy he has on the cheap and he gets a thrill out of it like one would if his stocks tripled in price. He's making money without spending 25 million per year on the player and that gives the business man in him a huge hard on, regardless of the results we see on the field.

But you are also correct with the part I bolded. I went to see the Cowboys a couple of years ago in NJ when they were playing the Giants. I was able to get on the field before the game thanks to a buddy with a hook. In any event, Jerry comes down to the sidelines and just soaked up the adulation the fans were giving him. He posed for photos and signed autographs. He was the center of attention; it was his world. He's an egomaniac for sure.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I still think money is #1 above all else. These rich guys never have enough. In his mind, Dak is a guy he has on the cheap and he gets a thrill out of it like one would if his stocks tripled in price. He's making money without spending 25 million per year on the player and that gives the business man in him a huge hard on, regardless of the results we see on the field.

But you are also correct with the part I bolded. I went to see the Cowboys a couple of years ago in NJ when they were playing the Giants. I was able to get on the field before the game thanks to a buddy with a hook. In any event, Jerry comes down to the sidelines and just soaked up the adulation the fans were giving him. He posed for photos and signed autographs. He was the center of attention; it was his world. He's an egomaniac for sure.

I don't get the saving money part on Dak, there's a salary cap and a floor of 90% so he's protected from himself while also being forced to spend money. I don't believe for one second he or the rest of his clan is trying to hoard that 10%, sure he likes to make money but this is a pissant amount compared to what he's made and is making elsewhere

My dad says jeri goes out on the field at his stadium well before everyone gets there and just walks across the field by himself, strutting to get attention. I wonder if he does this every game, sure sounds like something he'd do. I don't understand the desire for fame, I like my privacy and being incognito

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score

I doubt he’ll get that now, especially when the Eagles are on this run...

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think Steve is the one who loves the cheap finds. Jerry's told us 1000 times how he loves spending money on risks, how some of the best deals he's ever made he "overpaid" for, etc. Stephen is the one who always seems worried about not getting what he's paying for.

But Dodger was dead on about the money part. I've seen people claim that Jerry has all the money he could ever need so that's not a prime motivator anymore... no. He had more money than he could spend many years ago. People like Jerry chase more money like a dog chases a rabbit. It's just the way they're wired.

Not that that's a bad thing in itself. It's Jerry's ego and desire for control that is the problem.

And just to add one more thing... I'll say again that a huge problem I have is with this city's media. They claim it's their job to hold people accountable, but that seems to have died years ago with the Galloways and the Hansens and even Luksas who regularly called out Jerry -- and that was when we actually were winning things. The crew the last five or six years are basically team mouthpieces. Sucks because they make things easier on Jerry when it should be the opposite.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Everyone knows I hate the man with the fire of a 1000 suns but I give him credit for making the Walker trade happen by paying him over a million plus a house to get him to accept the trade, given the financial pressure jeri was under, that was huge and not something cheap Tex Schram was likely to do.

That and hiring jimmy should have been more than enough credit but hell nah....

Jimmy Johnson pulled off that trade. Jerry just sweetened the deal and signed the check.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson pulled off that trade. Jerry just sweetened the deal and signed the check.

Geebus, I cant believe I'm having to defend the asshole I despise but Walker had to approve the trade and if jerry refused to pay him to leave town, it would have killed Jimmys deal, Walker didn't want to leave Dallas but he liked the money (& a house) he got more than staying, so he left.

I'm not saying it was jeri's idea or he came up with the trade terms but if he had been a belligerent, cheap owner, he could have killed the trade by refusing to pay Walker

Walker refused to go to Minnesota unless Jerry Jones gave him everything he wanted

Walker was happy in Dallas – it was warm, he was playing well. So when the Cowboys told him they were going to trade him to the Vikings, he was not amused. He was angry, actually.

“I wasn’t going to Minnesota. I was like, ‘Crap, I’m not going to Minnesota. It’s cold in Minnesota. I’m not going to Minnesota.’ And Jerry was like, ‘What does he want to go to Minnesota? What does he need?’ And we were not going. ‘If you want to know what we want, we got this list of stuff written out.’ All this crazy stuff, but we were going to let Jerry know we weren’t going. … Jerry agreed to it. He called our bluff.”

Walker required an exit bonus, a free house in Minneapolis similar to the one he had in Dallas and a Mercedes-Benz. Jones wound up paying Walker $1.25 million to go and agreed to the other terms on Walker’s list, clearing the path for him to play for the Vikings.

It was pretty obvious Walker didn’t want to go regardless of his demands. He was just trying to get Jones to drop the subject and give up on dealing him to the Vikings. Unfortunately for the 1982 Heisman Trophy winner, it didn’t work out that way.

link

. . . - YouTube

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Geebus, I cant believe I'm having to defend the asshole I despise but Walker had to approve the trade and if jerry refused to pay him to leave town, it would have killed Jimmys deal, Walker didn't want to leave Dallas but he liked the money (& a house) he got more than staying, so he left.

I'm not saying it was jeri's idea or he came up with the trade terms but if he had been a belligerent, cheap owner, he could have killed the trade by refusing to pay Walker
He just did what he told that radio caller - he signed the check.

"You just want me to sit back and sign checks, and where has that ever worked?"

Your first four years as owner, dumbass. That's when it worked.

Your point is valid, but let's call it what it is - he deferred to football man Jimmy, and signed the check.

And the stupid fuck gets NO credit for the Johnson hire - at the time Jimmy was highly sought after. In fact Schramm had been trying to recruit Jimmy for at least a couple of years prior to the sale, even offering him a DC/asst HC position that was guaranteed to be a HC gig once Landry was gently cajoled into retirement. Jimmy turned that down.

It was a absolute no-brainer to hire Jimmy Johnson to coach the Dallas Cowboys in 1989.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Jerry actually hiring Jimmy is the only positive thing he’s done since buying the team.

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I think that we’ll see an uneventful season coming up, I’m not even excited about free agency or the draft. Predictions? 1) someone will get suspended for either weed or steroids, 2) major players will miss at least 4-6 weeks on both sides of the ball for injuries, and this crackpot coaching staff won’t be able to adjust, 3) no major moves in free agency, Jerral will sign some wash up bum and proclaim he’s the missing link for Super Bowl glory 4) Garrett will get out coach and lose at least one game they should win, 5) draft a project player, so Jerral can claim he can pull diamonds in the rough like just like Jimmy, 6) Cowboys don’t make the playoffs and Jones will use the excuse of he couldn’t convince Bill Parcels to come back to Dallas , so Garrett stays.....

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't get the saving money part on Dak, there's a salary cap and a floor of 90% so he's protected from himself while also being forced to spend money. I don't believe for one second he or the rest of his clan is trying to hoard that 10%, sure he likes to make money but this is a pissant amount compared to what he's made and is making elsewhere

My dad says jeri goes out on the field at his stadium well before everyone gets there and just walks across the field by himself, strutting to get attention. I wonder if he does this every game, sure sounds like something he'd do. I don't understand the desire for fame, I like my privacy and being incognito

When the Cowboys signed Romo as an UFA for $10,000 less than what the Broncos would have paid, Jerry told Payton that he didn't know him (Payton) that well but he liked him already because he saved him $10,000. Certainly, a part of that comment was made in jest, but that's the mindset of a millionaire and egomaniac. It's how these guys are wired. It's the deal that thrills them, not necessarily the money. Jerry played hardball with Emmitt and woefully underpaid his coaches. Don't think for a second that Jerry isn't tickled pink that, in his mind, he's found a franchise QB for pennies on the dollar. It's the mind of a businessman.

Top Bottom