icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me too, Staubach was asked to put a group together to buy the team before jeri bought it but he was unable to generate enough interest (raise money) and passed.

Can you imagine if he was the owner of this team??? He is still competitive as hell to this day, no way he'd put up with the nonsense that has occurred consistently for the last 22+ years

i would take a PTSD / concussion-ridden staubach over jerry

he at least wouldve made toaster the head coach years ago

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I looked up the Eagles CAP situation and free agents for this year. They are about $6.8 million over the cap for this year and they have a pretty large group of free agents. You know how this league is. A team wins or gets to the super bowl and all the other teams raid their roster. The Eagles cap situation gets worse each year for the next 3 or 4 years. Just think if Wentz continues to play at the level he played this year how much he will cost them AND his contract will be up when their cap problem peaks unless they begin unloading talent soon.

Sounds familiar?

The Eagles will probably have an offseason like Dallas had last year where they will lose a bunch of guys who they will replace with lesser guys. We'll see if they can sustain the kind of player acquisitions they had in 2017 going forward. Of course, they don;t have Jerry Jones as their GM so maybe they figure it out.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I looked up the Eagles CAP situation and free agents for this year. They are about $6.8 million over the cap for this year and they have a pretty large group of free agents. You know how this league is. A team wins or gets to the super bowl and all the other teams raid their roster. The Eagles cap situation gets worse each year for the next 3 or 4 years. Just think if Wentz continues to play at the level he played this year how much he will cost them AND his contract will be up when their cap problem peaks unless they begin unloading talent soon.

Sounds familiar?

The Eagles will probably have an offseason like Dallas had last year where they will lose a bunch of guys who they will replace with lesser guys. We'll see if they can sustain the kind of player acquisitions they had in 2017 going forward. Of course, they don;t have Jerry Jones as their GM so maybe they figure it out.
If you're going to get into cap difficulty you might as well make it worth it by going to a SB. I'd swap positions with them in a heartbeat.

Reaction score
NEVER gonna happen

The absolute best we can possibly hope for is that Stephen is better than Jerry once dear ole dad is finally dead and buried

Which I for one can not wait for. The only down side to Jerry being six feet under for good will be that we will have to see the camera pan to his eternal flame in the stadium on every single Home game (ala Al Davis with the Raiders and each of their home games)

I know. Jerry and family are not giving up the gold mine.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Chip Kelly burned it to the ground in 2015. Two years later they are in the SB. An actual GM shed all bad contracts, somehow hood winked Minnesota on Bradford, got an actual franchise QB without mortgaging the future, and made the correct hire when it came to the head coach. But hey we beat their reserves 6-0, so we can hang our hats on that. AmIright?

That Bradford trade might almost be as bad as the Herschel Walker trade for the Vikings. Bradford should be put in prison for the amount of money he's stolen.

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
If the Eagles win the Super Bowl after the condition Chip Kelly left them, Jerral is going to get a backlash that he never will expect. He still won't care what the fans say or think, but the Cowboys' brand will take a major hit, and that's something he does care about. Remember the first home game of 2014, it was so much red that you'll think it was a 49ers home game. And visiting fans don't buy Cowboys' gear, Jerral will be pissed when only 2 Prescott jerseys and 3 hat sold at the home game. Plus the locals in Dallas will have a field day bad mouthing Jones, hard questions on the radio. Also local interest of the team will fall, from what I understand high school football are gods in Texas, Cowboys suck, then there's always Friday Night Football to watch. Won't change Jerral not one bit, but money going else where & the fans attacking his attention seeking ass with insults and curses will damage his ego...

Reaction score
Don't worry guys. I have made sure that Philly will lose because I have decided that I would rather they get their first than NE get yet another. Philly with one SB win doesn't really bother me in the long run.

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
At the old board Eagles trolls were in almost in every thread, and the mods wouldn’t do anything about them taunting Dallas fans. If the Pats win, this will shut them up once and for all, and I think on a neutral site, New England will roll. Tom Brady vs Nick Foles? Lol, good lucky Eagles, you’re going to need it...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
money going else where & the fans attacking his attention seeking ass with insults and curses will damage his ego

thats the dream

but too many damn homers support his sorry ass regardless

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
True, but you have to admit Jerral has a complex about not getting all the credit of Dallas winning the Super Bowls of the 90’s. That’s why he won’t hire another coach, even Steve Wonder can see Garrett is a failure. But he won’t get another coach, because if that coach can turn the Cowboys into winners, then the attention will go to the new guy, not Jones. Jerral is an attention whore, he need his name in the news and people kissing his no knowledge about football ass...

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
True, but you have to admit Jerral has a complex about not getting all the credit of Dallas winning the Super Bowls of the 90’s. That’s why he won’t hire another coach, even Steve Wonder can see Garrett is a failure. But he won’t get another coach, because if that coach can turn the Cowboys into winners, then the attention will go to the new guy, not Jones. Jerral is an attention whore, he need his name in the news and people kissing his no knowledge about football ass...

sad part is

jerry would get all the credit and praise (at least from me) for hiring the right guys to make the team successful

until he does that, most of the fan base should rightfully continue to resent him

Reaction score
sad part is

jerry would get all the credit and praise (at least from me) for hiring the right guys to make the team successful

until he does that, most of the fan base should rightfully continue to resent him

It's too late for Jerry to get credit for anything. He has even lost whatever credit he had for the first 3 SB's.

Reaction score
At the old board Eagles trolls were in almost in every thread, and the mods wouldn’t do anything about them taunting Dallas fans. If the Pats win, this will shut them up once and for all, and I think on a neutral site, New England will roll. Tom Brady vs Nick Foles? Lol, good lucky Eagles, you’re going to need it...

I think you are right...but that Eagle defense is troublesome. Still, l will be cheering for a Patriot win. Todays Patriots are what the Cowboys used to be.

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I think you are right...but that Eagle defense is troublesome. Still, l will be cheering for a Patriot win. Todays Patriots are what the Cowboys used to be.
true they do get after the QB. But this defense got ass raped by Eli, without Beckham & Marshall, and Goff put some points on the board too. As long as Brady is upright, things should go smoothly for the Patriots. New England faced a more violent defense in Jacksonville and able to win, so I’m pretty sure that Belichick has a plan to solve the Eagles D & Foles....

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

totally agree and say it all the time

Many like to say money is all jeri cares about, I no longer think thats the case, he's got plenty, more than he'll ever spend. What he values and craves most is the limelight and the attention he receives. I believe thats why he's so miserable under guys like Parcels and Jimmy, because everyone knew those with the guys in charge of football and were respected for it and therefore no one cared what dumbass jones had to say.

I daydream about all media ending all contact with jeri, all his shows cancelled and no one wanting to put a camera or microphone in front of his dumb face. If somehow all cowboy fans could unite in ignoring him to the point where no media source wants to speak with him, interview him, write articles about him, quote him, etc...it might possibly result in the changes we'd love to see happen. That is, until some dumb ass started sticking a camera or microphone back in his face

Reaction score
true they do get after the QB. But this defense got ass raped by Eli, without Beckham & Marshall, and Goff put some points on the board too. As long as Brady is upright, things should go smoothly for the Patriots. New England faced a more violent defense in Jacksonville and able to win, so I’m pretty sure that Belichick has a plan to solve the Eagles D & Foles....

Yep. It would be unwise to bet against the Patriots in the SB.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
sad part is

no doubt about it, if he had humbled himself and propped up Jimmy and taken a public back seat, everyone would be praising the shit out of him for hiring Jimmy, writing a million dollar check to get Herschal to accept the trade, etc, etc

But something happened in his pea sized brain and he's never gotten over it. He used to proclaim "If you're willing to give others credit, you can conquer the world"

too bad jeri no longer believes this (if he ever did)

jeri on "credit" - YouTube

Top Bottom