Reaction score
Philly has now lapped the Cowboys twice since Jones ran Jimmy off. They made the Super Bowl (against the same Patriots) in the mid 2000s, and here they are back again after all this time while we spin our wheels with the process.

The Super Bowl is a perfect shit show now. No matter who wins it is a disaster IMO. Congrats Jerry. All our sacred cows have been slaughtered, most of our children reaching adulthood have never known what a conference title game is let alone a Super Bowl, and we watch several teams rise from being bad to contenders, fall to bad again, and then rise again a few years after that.

Jocks to socks has yielded such tremendous results. Only someone with psychological issues would keep himself in charge after all this time. Seriously WTF? I have an ego, and don't want to admit defeat, but DAYUM, I would have long ago thrown in the towel were I in Jerry's place.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Chip Kelly burned it to the ground in 2015. Two years later they are in the SB. An actual GM shed all bad contracts, somehow hood winked Minnesota on Bradford, got an actual franchise QB without mortgaging the future, and made the correct hire when it came to the head coach. But hey we beat their reserves 6-0, so we can hang our hats on that. AmIright?

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Howie Roseman has done a great job correcting Chip Kelly screwups. The eagles have a great gm, good coaches, and a talented deep roster. We will be looking up to the eagles for the foreseeable future.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We will be looking up to the eagles for the foreseeable future.
Probably my lifetime. If Jerry doesnt mange to outlive me, surely he has plenty of useless relatives to run it into the ground for decades. I guess we'll always have NFL films.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Philly has now lapped the Cowboys twice since Jones ran Jimmy off. They made the Super Bowl (against the same Patriots) in the mid 2000s, and here they are back again after all this time while we spin our wheels with the process.

The Super Bowl is a perfect shit show now. No matter who wins it is a disaster IMO. Congrats Jerry. All our sacred cows have been slaughtered, most of our children reaching adulthood have never known what a conference title game is let alone a Super Bowl, and we watch several teams rise from being bad to contenders, fall to bad again, and then rise again a few years after that.

Jocks to socks has yielded such tremendous results. Only someone with psychological issues would keep himself in charge after all this time. Seriously WTF? I have an ego, and don't want to admit defeat, but DAYUM, I would have long ago thrown in the towel were I in Jerry's place.

"Did you like three super bowls?"

Reaction score
The other thing that frustrates the hell out of me is that a good coach would have this team at least 10-6 to 12-4 for a stretch run of 5 to 7 years. And we wouldn't be the only team in the last decade to have the number 1 seed, but fail to make the Super Bowl which we've done twice. couldn't even win a single fucking game with the 1 seed twice in a row.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Congrats Jerry. All our sacred cows have been slaughtered, most of our children reaching adulthood have never known what a conference title game is let alone a Super Bowl, and we watch several teams rise from being bad to contenders, fall to bad again, and then rise again a few years after that.
BUT - We lead the league all time, in "Moral Victories."

You should be proud.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Chip Kelly burned it to the ground in 2015. Two years later they are in the SB. An actual GM shed all bad contracts, somehow hood winked Minnesota on Bradford, got an actual franchise QB without mortgaging the future, and made the correct hire when it came to the head coach. But hey we beat their reserves 6-0, so we can hang our hats on that. AmIright?

I don’t think you understand the process. We have the right kind of guys! Screw Philly and their playoff success and SB appearance, we have the process. I mean we’re only almost 10 years in, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Probably my lifetime. If Jerry doesnt mange to outlive me, surely he has plenty of useless relatives to run it into the ground for decades. I guess we'll always have NFL films.

Oh he’s definitely out living all of us.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
"Did you like three super bowls?"

Whenever I hear him say that in response to someone suggesting he give up control of the team I immediately think of Charleston Heston.

a951abc796683086e551af6951fb86e3.jpg

Reaction score

Amen. The Cowboys need new ownership. Simple.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When the fan base realizes that the football side of the house means very little to Jerry, they won't take it as hard. Jerry's measure of success is how much money he's made, not how much he's won or having a sense of urgency to catch up to Philly or any other team. Jerry's in the HoF because he's made more money than anyone else and even helped the others make a few extra bucks along the way. That's all any fan needs to know about Jerry and that's all he's left us with to defend this franchise.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Amen. The Cowboys need new ownership. Simple.

NEVER gonna happen

The absolute best we can possibly hope for is that Stephen is better than Jerry once dear ole dad is finally dead and buried

Which I for one can not wait for. The only down side to Jerry being six feet under for good will be that we will have to see the camera pan to his eternal flame in the stadium on every single Home game (ala Al Davis with the Raiders and each of their home games)

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
NEVER gonna happen

The absolute best we can possibly hope for is that Stephen is better than Jerry once dear ole dad is finally dead and buried

Which I for one can not wait for. The only down side to Jerry being six feet under for good will be that we will have to see the camera pan to his eternal flame in the stadium on every single Home game (ala Al Davis with the Raiders and each of their home games)

ya its gonna take a penn state-level scandal to topple jerry.

i have some hope for little stevie but i think its best if it was possible to just liquidate the facility of all joneses. from front office, to charlotte, to byron. all of em can get the hell outta here.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i think its best if it was possible to just liquidate the facility of all joneses. from front office, to charlotte, to byron. all of em can get the hell outta here.

Me too, Staubach was asked to put a group together to buy the team before jeri bought it but he was unable to generate enough interest (raise money) and passed.

Can you imagine if he was the owner of this team??? He is still competitive as hell to this day, no way he'd put up with the nonsense that has occurred consistently for the last 22+ years

Top Bottom