Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I jumped the gun, or I’m just foreseeing the future

I’ll repost at the end of FA when we still haven’t done shit. LOL

4f26bf5010e88818167f6dd4fb014d18.jpg

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
One podcast made a good point for cutting both Dez and Whitten to free up space. #82’s $6.5 mil with no dead money is enticing

I would have never have considered cutting him before but he’s barely limping along nowadays.

Sure he’s one of the greatest TE’s and will be a HOFer

But so were a bunch of other cowboy greats we have cut over the years

True. Can't afford to be sentimental when it's been 22 years and counting since you last sniffed success.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The witten thing pisses me off because ware was a better player than witten is when we let him go

I honestly believe the offense would have been better with Witten OFF the field on obvious passing downs last yr, even if that meant Swaim or Hanna got those reps.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know he’s holding out for a SB ring. But let’s face it. We aren’t close! Nor will we be anytime soon with the Red Clapper at the helm.

I’d rather see him retire now instead of hobble along another year chasing a dream that he will never fulfill in a Cowboy uniform.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I honestly believe the offense would have been better with Witten OFF the field on obvious passing downs last yr, even if that meant Swaim or Hanna got those reps.

I know Rico Gathers appears to be a knucklehead, but I’d like to see him get the reps. He looked promising in preseason before getting his season ending concussion

I’d like to see what he can do

And if he gets another concussion then fuck it, no harm no fowl. See ya RICO Suave, enjoy your rap career

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When you look at the players they are paying he most attention to so far at combine and Senior Bowl, WR and TE are at the top.

Witten's replacement is coming.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We keep drafting TE’s and none of them can get on the field because of Witten.

My fear is that we will end up moving on from the right replacement because we don’t want to tell Witten his time is up. Or maybe we already have.

Or we wait so long long that Witten’s play degrades so far that any scrub TE looks like the right replacement

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Or we wait so long long that Witten’s play degrades so far that any scrub TE looks like the right replacement

This franchise is your brother-in-law driving around in his 96 Taurus with all the dash board warning lights on.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We keep drafting TE’s and none of them can get on the field because of Witten.

My fear is that we will end up moving on from the right replacement because we don’t want to tell Witten his time is up. Or maybe we already have.

Witten has 1 yr left, tops.

They should have begin lowering his play counts two years ago. I would think they absolutely have to this year, he just gives the defense nothing to worry about and his once great run blocking is just so-so at this point.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When you look at the players they are paying he most attention to so far at combine and Senior Bowl, WR and TE are at the top.

Witten's replacement is coming.

At this point even 2 YAC would be an upgrade from the TE position.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know where they got the info, but in one of those crybaby threads at CZ someone says reportedly Richard Sherman is visiting Dallas Monday.

The same Richard Sherman that ruptured his Achilles late last yr and had a procedure recently to clean up the other Achilles.

That said, he does have ties to Richard and I bet if we sign him, it isn't to play CB. I bet they'd move him to FS (a move he talked about last yr IIRC)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't look now, but Lance "Sweetness II" Dunbar is available!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demarco Murray available too as he was cut by Tennessee.

Bet we'll sign both of them and Jerry and Clapper will tell us how much improved we are because of it

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Report: Cowboys discussing Orlando Scandrick’s future, with all options in play
Posted by Charean Williams on March 9, 2018, 6:22 PM EST

The Cowboys continue to discuss cornerback Orlando Scandrick‘s future, with all options still on the table, Josina Anderson of ESPN reports.

It has appeared for awhile that Scandrick is on his way out in Dallas, and he has told Anderson he could benefit from a “change of scenery.” The Cowboys would prefer to trade Scandrick than to cut him, and they tried to do just that last year during the draft. They wanted Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro in return for Scandrick.

If they move Byron Jones from safety to corner as expected, the Cowboys will have a logjam at the position.
Scandrick, 31, made 38 tackles, no interceptions and three pass breakups in 11 games last season before going on injured reserv

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it was grimes whose achillies exploded and he bounced back

but moving to fs would prob help sherman along w his size

Lots of rumors of sherman to new england right now

Reaction score
Report: Cowboys discussing Orlando Scandrick’s future, with all options in play
Posted by Charean Williams on March 9, 2018, 6:22 PM EST

The Cowboys continue to discuss cornerback Orlando Scandrick‘s future, with all options still on the table, Josina Anderson of ESPN reports.

It has appeared for awhile that Scandrick is on his way out in Dallas, and he has told Anderson he could benefit from a “change of scenery.” The Cowboys would prefer to trade Scandrick than to cut him, and they tried to do just that last year during the draft. They wanted Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro in return for Scandrick.

If they move Byron Jones from safety to corner as expected, the Cowboys will have a logjam at the position.
Scandrick, 31, made 38 tackles, no interceptions and three pass breakups in 11 games last season before going on injured reserv

Hopefully, his future is not here. Get rid of the last of the zero picks EVER Legion of Boobs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know where they got the info, but in one of those crybaby threads at CZ someone says reportedly Richard Sherman is visiting Dallas Monday.

The same Richard Sherman that ruptured his Achilles late last yr and had a procedure recently to clean up the other Achilles.

That said, he does have ties to Richard and I bet if we sign him, it isn't to play CB. I bet they'd move him to FS (a move he talked about last yr IIRC)

Apparently the CZer wasn't sourced up. Sherman meeting with Niners today and he said these teams have shown immediate interest, no mention of Cowboys (thank God)

Sherman told Anderson Friday night he also received preliminary interest from the Titans, Lions, Raiders, Texans, Buccaneers and Packers.

Top Bottom