dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
damned if they do, damned if they dont

when have they ever made a great free agent signing? Deon is the only one I can think of and some people feel that ruined their cap, I tend to believe they needed him to win SB XXX

They didn't need Deion to win that Super Bowl, hell he only played half the yr. They actually had a better record without him (6-1)

As for free agent signings. There's been a few. Laroi Glover was a great signing. Leonard Davis was great for a season or two and pretty good for another season. Ray Donaldson was great before he broke his leg. Rocket Ismail was a good signing. TO was productive but a massive team cancer.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They didn't need Deion to win that Super Bowl, hell he only played half the yr. They actually had a better record without him (6-1)
The better part of that signing was, he was no longer on an opponent roster. Not for anything he actually did for us, on the field.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
damned if they do, damned if they dont

when have they ever made a great free agent signing? Deon is the only one I can think of and some people feel that ruined their cap, I tend to believe they needed him to win SB XXX

james washington
kyle kosier
jay novacek
nate newton

la'roi glover was probably the best tho,, he came in after being a beast for the saints for a while and he was still a fuckin monster in dallas.

Reaction score
james washington
kyle kosier
jay novacek
nate newton

la'roi glover was probably the best tho,, he came in after being a beast for the saints for a while and he was still a fuckin monster in dallas.

Very true but Johnson was doing most of the picking. The theme was how many great FA's as ole Jerry boy signed?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very true but Johnson was doing most of the picking. The theme was how many great FA's as ole Jerry boy signed?

ahhhh

good point

if its jerry's signings, then the best is la'roi glover, #2 is TO

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
james washington
kyle kosier
jay novacek
nate newton

I'm referring to post salary cap, post Jimmy era, sure they've had a few signings but I'm skeptical if any of the high cost signings, especially those traded for like Roy Williams weren't counter productive

la'roi wasn't very expensive was he? Didn't Parcels bring him in?

Do we trust the Cowboys brass to make good free agency signings? I'm all for signing guys that help the team and don't cripple the cap but I don't like the dynamic these high priced signings create. The team loses all leverage, the player likely loses hunger, existing players on the team may resent the high priced interloper, etc, etc.....I think you have to be real careful about the type of player you bring in and have a heavy emphasis on their character as much as their talent.

New England has a culture that reigns this shit in, I don't trust the Cowboys culture to be able to do the same. If anything, the ridiculous amount of attention the Cowboys get can derail just about anyone

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
thats what they do with players they know, thus my fear of free agents on the open market who tend to get overpaid already

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Glover was before Parcells. In fact Parcells didn't like him at first because Bill loves bigger players so much, but Glover was too strong and too good for that to last long.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
205757d5b4a058d9fcfeb62ecf3e3659.jpg

ouch!

Reaction score
thats what they do with players they know, thus my fear of free agents on the open market who tend to get overpaid already

Dallas, well Jerry, and FA's just don't mix. He is not a football guy and bases his decisions on cosmetics and not substance. Some years ago, ole Jerry honestly believed he was a player or two away from a SB when factually it just wasn't true. So, he grossly overpaid for players.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
There will be no major moves in free agency by Dallas, no commitment to win. Jacksonville, Philadelphia & the Giants know how to make the most out their choices. Jerral is a skinflint cocksucker, he’ll get some washed up or no name or talent player and trot his fool out claiming this the war daddy or the final piece to the puzzle. Fuck Jones....

Last edited:

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Dallas does nothing in FA and watch the Cowboys primarily lose. It will be worth it, not making the playoffs and the fan base & Dallas media pressuring Jerral to release Garrett. His sensitive ass listening to the pubic calling him everything but a child of God. Wondering why people don’t call him a genius, fans stilll giving Jimmy Johnson all the credit. And why nobody can understand his genius, HIS GREAT PLAN, Jerral Wanye Jones’s BLUEPRINT FOR VICTORY. Then Jerral takes another shot of Jim Beam....

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Reaction score

You wouldn't and more... Talib is a dickhead.

Top Bottom