icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus was hinting the Cowboys might qualify Irving at just the 2nd rd tender in hopes someone would sign him and we'd take the draft pick.

If they do that it makes DT a real priority either via free agency or the draft.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sammy Watkins is a free agent. Been majorly injury prone but undeniable talent when healthy, and he admittedly loves our new WR coach.

Could be a potential 1 or 2 yr prove it type deal bargain if he doesn't get a big payday elsewhere. If he blows up you have a bonafide #1 WR of the future.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hmm,,,

, history suggests that if dallas signed watkins, it would cost more than it should and he'd be sitting next to miles austin on an exercise bike every sunday

having said that, i would approve this signing

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this mother fucker thinks this:

If Seattle is truly looking to move on from him, they'll likely look to do so in a trade so they can acquire assets for the loss versus simply letting him walk later on. The former could see the Cowboys packaging a player like Byron Jones, for example -- whom the Cowboys have no clue what to do with -- with a couple of late-round draft picks to secure Thomas' services. With compensatory picks being trade-able in 2018 and Dallas looking to be rewarded four overall, two in the fourth round and two in the fifth, they can part ways with one from each of those two rounds and immediately upgrade their safety position in a way not seen in recent history in the Metroplex.

seattle gets:
byron jones
2018 4th round pick
2019 5th round pick

dallas gets:
earl thomas

NOOOOO fuckin WAYYYY seattle does that &no fucking way jerry can get that done

buuuuuuut, like someone has mentioned somewhere on here...if dallas gets richard to be dc, and this team gets thomas....i might not talk shit on jerry for a month

Reaction score
Sammy Watkins is a free agent. Been majorly injury prone but undeniable talent when healthy, and he admittedly loves our new WR coach.

Could be a potential 1 or 2 yr prove it type deal bargain if he doesn't get a big payday elsewhere. If he blows up you have a bonafide #1 WR of the future.

I have been reading where spotrac?? is saying he will get around 9 million a season and probably a 4 yr deal. For whatever that's worth.

Reaction score

Knowing the FO they will probably take a shot at someone like Ryan Grant on the cheap.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seems like something they would do. David Irving is a great player on the dline a postion we have had no talent on in years. D Law and D Irving look good this year. Let them go. Cowboy logic.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems like something they would do. David Irving is a great player on the dline a postion we have had no talent on in years. D Law and D Irving look good this year. Let them go. Cowboy logic.

Lawrence isn't going anywhere and I doubt Irving is either unless somebody does give us the draft pick as compensation to sign him.

408Cowboy

Spectator
Reaction score
Need a 1st round tender on Irving dont want to pick in the bottom of the second because the pats pick him up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Irving, the headache boy is done in Dallas. Punk with no heart. Even Garrett couldn't keep this queer.

If they have questions about keeping him long term, then tendering him at a level that entices someone else to pluck him away and give us a 1st or 2nd in return is a smart thing.

He is really disruptive on the field, but he's also been suspended twice and missed 4 games with that concussion thing. Also been somewhat of a flake. I'd be leery of giving him a long term deal with a lot of guaranteed money.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Irving, the headache boy is done in Dallas. Punk with no heart. Even Garrett couldn't keep this queer.

How do you really feel? On a serious note, with as desperate as they are for pass rush, and dont wanna pay him, something is up.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I hope this report is wrong. Putting a 2nd round tender on Irving may bring another 2nd round pick but it could be from New England or very late in round 2. A disruptive defensive tackle is worth more than that.

Plus, look at who is in their division. The Eagles whose strengths are offensive and defensive line. The Cowboys must improve in both of those areas to effectively compete with the Eagles - and the rest of the league for that matter. If Dallas drafts OL and DL in rounds 1 and 2, I would not be that disappointed. In fact, I think OL is an area of weakness right now.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Top Bottom