icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That #1 pass rush efficiency number is going to cost us. That’s a decent bargaining chip for him.

He is going to be another Dez

He balls out in his contract year. We will way overpay for him by giving him an overpriced long term contract. (Even with his injury history) Then he will drift off into irrelevance once again. Or he will be injured all the time.

Either way, he won’t live up to his contract.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
That #1 pass rush efficiency number is going to cost us. That’s a decent bargaining chip for him.

He balls out in his contract year. We will way overpay for him by giving him an overpriced long term contract. (Even with his injury history) Then he will drift off into irrelevance once again. Or he will be injured all the time.

I couldn't agree more. You have to look at his overall body of work, which was JAG status before this last season.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Only Jerry would throw money at a guy who has had two back surgeries coming off a career year.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have zero problem with D Law coming back. But only on a team friendly incentive based contract.

If he’s injured and doesn’t play than he doesn’t earn his performance bonus’

If he falls back into irrelevance he doesn’t get paid. It’s as simple as that.

When they sit down for contract talks with him and starts piping up about how he led the league in sacks for a lot of the season they need to slide this in front of him and his agent
cdd0f7a19868158e59fe96ef0ee43061.jpg

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
This is textbook, classic, for a Jerry big contract keep his own player he is enamored with. I will be shocked if we dont way over pay.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I won't be critical of the team for keeping him and paying him big money, but it does worry me a lot that his one great year was a contract year... and with the back and after he'd been suspended for PEDs.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I forgot about his suspension. This has the makings of being worse than resigning Dez

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

If he's healthy, he will be productive. He works his ass off and he isn't a dumbass like some of our other flubs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only Jerry would throw money at a guy who has had two back surgeries coming off a career year.

So you think letting him walk is a good idea?

I'd be very leery of signing him to a multi year contract with a lot of guaranteed money, but I absolutely disagree with the idea that we should let him walk for nothing. Dude was arguably the best defensive player in the league this past year.

Reaction score
So you think letting him walk is a good idea?

I'd be very leery of signing him to a multi year contract with a lot of guaranteed money, but I absolutely disagree with the idea that we should let him walk for nothing. Dude was arguably the best defensive player in the league this past year.

Whats he franchise at?? Maybe that's the only option. See how he works out next year. Seems reasonable.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Whats he franchise at?? Maybe that's the only option. See how he works out next year. Seems reasonable.

That's probably what I'd do unless a multi yr deal had some protections against career ending injury or something.

Lets just hope Drunken GM doesn't give another huge multi yr deal with a ton of guaranteed money and not require a thorough physical first (unlike that ridiculous deal Romo got the last time)

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jerry wont let his new war daddy out of the toy box and he would be an idiot to let him walk

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Top Bottom