Reaction score
i got no problem with the three superbowls. I don't like all of Jerry's decisions but i also don't blame him for every single misfortune like some. He did close the forums and i think it was a shortsighted foolish decision. He was probably encouraged to do it by those around him(Derek Eagleton) that think they know what is best for the fanbase. They have merely forced loyal fans to search out other fans on websites where he does not control the advertising. Maybe he has his pockets full of our money , or maybe the nfl wants him to fall in line with other sites. More details about the closing may come out on the future but for now there are probably hundreds of fans looking for a new place to read opinions and talk about strategies. I would hope that they be embraced with open arms where ever they finally land.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i got no problem with the three superbowls. I don't like all of Jerry's decisions but i also don't blame him for every single misfortune like some. He did close the forums and i think it was a shortsighted foolish decision. He was probably encouraged to do it by those around him(Derek Eagleton) that think they know what is best for the fanbase. They have merely forced loyal fans to search out other fans on websites where he does not control the advertising. Maybe he has his pockets full of our money , or maybe the nfl wants him to fall in line with other sites. More details about the closing may come out on the future but for now there are probably hundreds of fans looking for a new place to read opinions and talk about strategies. I would hope that they be embraced with open arms where ever they finally land.

So time stopped for you in 1996?

Reaction score
So time stopped for you in 1996?
NO it didn't stop just like it didn't stop in the eighties when Landry stopped winning titles.
I've been a Cowboy since before Jerry and i'll hopefully be around to root for my Cowboys when he is gone
time waits for no one

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hey dooms, if you get approached by a mystery buyer out of Frisco or Highland Park. Dont do it.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I would hope that they be embraced with open arms where ever they finally land.
I'll put it this way, how they are embraced depends on them. I have been here over a year and a half and the vast majority of that time the tone of the board has been decidedly negative. Yeah we we all enjoyed the 2016 season but at the same time we all knew they'd leave a floater in the bowl early in the playoffs. Point being, we are open to new members and ideas, and love a good laugh, but come in waving silver and blue pom poms at your own risk.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
NO it didn't stop just like it didn't stop in the eighties when Landry stopped winning titles.
I've been a Cowboy since before Jerry and i'll hopefully be around to root for my Cowboys when he is gone
time waits for no one

Jerry will outlive us all. Sadly.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll put it this way, how they are embraced depends on them. I have been here over a year and a half and the vast majority of that time the tone of the board has been decidedly negative. Yeah we we all enjoyed the 2016 season but at the same time we all knew they'd leave a floater in the bowl early in the playoffs. Point being, we are open to new members and ideas, and love a good laugh, but come in waving silver and blue pom poms at your own risk.

We love the Cowboys, but hate Jones and Garrett.

Cowboys good. Jerry and Garrett bad. You remember that, and things will go well for you here. We're not sunshine pumpers here.

Reaction score

Amen.

Reaction score

ROFL

We are harsh, but honest, and all of us had to be fresh fish at one point.

I can tolerate even homers as long as they don't have that condescending view that somehow they are a superior human being to you because they will drink the kool-aid no matter how much it has been pissed in by the management. All they are is a bigger fool that is capable of lying to themselves.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can tolerate even homers as long as they don't have that condescending view that somehow they are a superior human being to you because they will drink the kool-aid no matter how much it has been pissed in by the management. All they are is a bigger fool that is capable of lying to themselves.
I count Scot as one of our success stories. He was a dyed in the wool Homer when he first started posting here. It's been a amazing transformation - today if given the chance he would fight any of us to be the one to drive a wooden stake in Jerry's pickled heart!

Reaction score

I think he shut them down for no other reason than that there is now a plurality of the fan base that no longer wants the product he keeps churning out. Basically, it is the same motivation he had for cancelling his agreement with the Ticket; they were not willing to be a filter for all things anti-Jones. Once a few fans got through on the phones and cornered Jerry, he took his ball and went and played at 105.3 The Fans house instead. They won't let the meanies bully Jerry there so they have remained the "flagship station" for the Cowboys locally.

Trouty

Reaction score
It's hard for me to care about a website, when the piece of shit has been killing our team for 2 decades.

"ooooh, but we're worth more than any sports team and we sell the most jersey's"

GTFO

Reaction score
It's hard for me to care about a website, when the piece of shit has been killing our team for 2 decades.

"ooooh, but we're worth more than any sports team and we sell the most jersey's"

GTFO

Its shocking to me that the Cowboys still attract so many young fans!! For us oldtimers there is no choice can't turn your back on 50 yrs of supporting the same club. But young people...l really don't get it.

Last edited:

Trouty

Reaction score
Its shocking to me that the Cowboys still attract so many young fans!! For us oldtimers there is no choice can't turn your back on 50 yrs of supported the same club. But young people...l really don't get it.

It's hard to explain, for sure Haley. I think that most of the fans across the NFL are aging now. Eventually this atrocious product that Jerry puts out will catch up to him. Or maybe it won't. The Red Sox were a very popular team that went over 80 years without a title.

We're in NFL hell.

Top Bottom