Did Jerry pull the plug on his own forums?
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 217

Thread: Did Jerry pull the plug on his own forums?

  1. Back To Top    #1
    In the rotation TheZoneSucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,238

    Did Jerry pull the plug on his own forums?

    http://boards.dallascowboys.com/

    I also saw some of the regulars have migrated to CZ. I guess they didn't like them 3 Super Bowls.

  2. Appreciation Haleyrules, Trouty appreciated this post
  3. Back To Top    #2
    Cowboy Fan superstarcowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    31
    i got no problem with the three superbowls. I don't like all of Jerry's decisions but i also don't blame him for every single misfortune like some. He did close the forums and i think it was a shortsighted foolish decision. He was probably encouraged to do it by those around him(Derek Eagleton) that think they know what is best for the fanbase. They have merely forced loyal fans to search out other fans on websites where he does not control the advertising. Maybe he has his pockets full of our money , or maybe the nfl wants him to fall in line with other sites. More details about the closing may come out on the future but for now there are probably hundreds of fans looking for a new place to read opinions and talk about strategies. I would hope that they be embraced with open arms where ever they finally land.

  4. Back To Top    #3
    Defense Haleyrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    somewhere warm
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoneSucks View Post
    http://boards.dallascowboys.com/

    I also saw some of the regulars have migrated to CZ. I guess they didn't like them 3 Super Bowls.
    The brain dead homers won't last long here!! lol.

  5. Props LAZARUS_LOGAN, Trouty, The Dark Bishop, cml750 gave props for this post
  6. Back To Top    #4
    old and cranky theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,365
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERSTARCOWBOY View Post
    i got no problem with the three superbowls. I don't like all of Jerry's decisions but i also don't blame him for every single misfortune like some. He did close the forums and i think it was a shortsighted foolish decision. He was probably encouraged to do it by those around him(Derek Eagleton) that think they know what is best for the fanbase. They have merely forced loyal fans to search out other fans on websites where he does not control the advertising. Maybe he has his pockets full of our money , or maybe the nfl wants him to fall in line with other sites. More details about the closing may come out on the future but for now there are probably hundreds of fans looking for a new place to read opinions and talk about strategies. I would hope that they be embraced with open arms where ever they finally land.
    So time stopped for you in 1996?

  7. Appreciation yimyammer, Haleyrules, Trouty, cml750 appreciated this post
    Props Haleyrules, Trouty, cml750 gave props for this post
  8. Back To Top    #5
    Cowboy Fan superstarcowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    So time stopped for you in 1996?
    NO it didn't stop just like it didn't stop in the eighties when Landry stopped winning titles.
    I've been a Cowboy since before Jerry and i'll hopefully be around to root for my Cowboys when he is gone
    time waits for no one

  9. Back To Top    #6
    old and cranky theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,365
    Hey dooms, if you get approached by a mystery buyer out of Frisco or Highland Park. Dont do it.

  10. Appreciation TheZoneSucks appreciated this post
  11. Back To Top    #7
    Administrator bbgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,343
    Nah, it's just called "Blogging the Boys" now.

  12. Props Trouty gave props for this post
  13. Back To Top    #8
    Administrator dbair1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    40,939
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERSTARCOWBOY View Post
    I've been a Cowboy since before Jerry and i'll hopefully be around to root for my Cowboys when he is gone
    time waits for no one
    I hate to break it to you but Jerry is going to live till he is about 145
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

  14. Appreciation Haleyrules, PA Cowboy Fan, Trouty appreciated this post
    Props Trouty gave props for this post
  15. Back To Top    #9
    old and cranky theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,365
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERSTARCOWBOY View Post
    I would hope that they be embraced with open arms where ever they finally land.
    I'll put it this way, how they are embraced depends on them. I have been here over a year and a half and the vast majority of that time the tone of the board has been decidedly negative. Yeah we we all enjoyed the 2016 season but at the same time we all knew they'd leave a floater in the bowl early in the playoffs. Point being, we are open to new members and ideas, and love a good laugh, but come in waving silver and blue pom poms at your own risk.

  16. Appreciation icup, Haleyrules, SixisBetter, PA Cowboy Fan, Trouty and 1 others appreciated this post
    Props Haleyrules, Trouty gave props for this post
  17. Back To Top    #10
    All Pro LAZARUS_LOGAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14,199
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERSTARCOWBOY View Post
    NO it didn't stop just like it didn't stop in the eighties when Landry stopped winning titles.
    I've been a Cowboy since before Jerry and i'll hopefully be around to root for my Cowboys when he is gone
    time waits for no one
    Jerry will outlive us all. Sadly.

  18. Back To Top    #11
    All Pro LAZARUS_LOGAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14,199
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I'll put it this way, how they are embraced depends on them. I have been here over a year and a half and the vast majority of that time the tone of the board has been decidedly negative. Yeah we we all enjoyed the 2016 season but at the same time we all knew they'd leave a floater in the bowl early in the playoffs. Point being, we are open to new members and ideas, and love a good laugh, but come in waving silver and blue pom poms at your own risk.

    We love the Cowboys, but hate Jones and Garrett.

    Cowboys good. Jerry and Garrett bad. You remember that, and things will go well for you here. We're not sunshine pumpers here.

  19. Appreciation PA Cowboy Fan, Haleyrules, cml750 appreciated this post
    Props Doomsday, theoneandonly, cml750 gave props for this post
  20. Back To Top    #12
    Defense Haleyrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    somewhere warm
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I'll put it this way, how they are embraced depends on them. I have been here over a year and a half and the vast majority of that time the tone of the board has been decidedly negative. Yeah we we all enjoyed the 2016 season but at the same time we all knew they'd leave a floater in the bowl early in the playoffs. Point being, we are open to new members and ideas, and love a good laugh, but come in waving silver and blue pom poms at your own risk.
    Amen.

  21. Appreciation Trouty, theoneandonly appreciated this post
    Props Trouty gave props for this post
  22. Back To Top    #13
    Pro Bowler yimyammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,121
    Quote Originally Posted by LAZARUS_LOGAN View Post
    Cowboys good. Jerry and Garrett bad. You remember that, and things will go well for you here. We're not sunshine pumpers here.
    Welcome:

    Sorry Real Cowboy Fan & Jerry Totin if this offends you

  23. Appreciation Doomsday, TheZoneSucks, theoneandonly appreciated this post
  24. Back To Top    #14
    In the rotation TheZoneSucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by yimyammer View Post
    Welcome:

    ROFL

    We are harsh, but honest, and all of us had to be fresh fish at one point.

    I can tolerate even homers as long as they don't have that condescending view that somehow they are a superior human being to you because they will drink the kool-aid no matter how much it has been pissed in by the management. All they are is a bigger fool that is capable of lying to themselves.

  25. Appreciation Doomsday, Haleyrules, yimyammer appreciated this post
    Props NoMoRedJ, theoneandonly, cml750 gave props for this post
  26. Back To Top    #15
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Plains Drifter
    Posts
    15,353
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoneSucks View Post
    I can tolerate even homers as long as they don't have that condescending view that somehow they are a superior human being to you because they will drink the kool-aid no matter how much it has been pissed in by the management. All they are is a bigger fool that is capable of lying to themselves.
    I count Scot as one of our success stories. He was a dyed in the wool Homer when he first started posting here. It's been a amazing transformation - today if given the chance he would fight any of us to be the one to drive a wooden stake in Jerry's pickled heart!

  27. Appreciation TheZoneSucks appreciated this post

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

The End Zone