dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This was from Rob Rang's final top-100 (note, Gallup was 85)

17. Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State, 6-4, 256, 4.65, redshirt junior
If there was a breakout player of the year award in college football, Vander Esch would have been the runaway winner, going from 27 stops in 2016 to an eye-popping 141 tackles in 2017, earning Mountain West Defensive Player of the Year honors. He fell through the recruiting cracks a bit after playing eight-man football in tiny Riggins, Idaho (population 406), but he is a clear-cut NFL athlete with the size, awareness and reliable open-field tackling skills. He can be a longtime starter at linebacker.

18. Connor Williams, OT, Texas, 6-5, 296, 5.05, junior
The Longhorns have not produced a first-round pick on offense since Vince Young was selected No. 3 overall by Tennessee in 2006, but Williams will end that streak. Williams is a bit of a throwback, showing the power and aggression as a run blocker that scouts covet, along with the athleticism, balance and girth to stone pass rushers. Average arm length (33 inches) could push Williams inside to guard in the NFL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys apparently did try to trade back up into the end of the 3rd rd, but couldn't work out a deal. The thinking is they wanted that safety from Southern Miss Tarvarius Moore that rose up draft boards late and the Niners ended up taking.

Jones intimated that there would be trade talks tonight and tomorrow and the speculation is they are going to call about Earl Thomas again.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
On another note, I wish the NFL would put the kibosh on all these various people announcing picks.

So many of them are illiterate retards who butcher names or even player's schools, and of course tonight everyone was ripping off Drew Pearson's act from last year.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The nfl network just played a montage of all the other teams who did their best Drew Pearson impression and tried to troll the Cowboys over the last two days.

You know Jeruh has gotta love that happening in his house

The only one that was really successful and entertaining was the Philly kicker.

Anything that makes Jeruh look like an idiot I’m all for it

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
he's under 300lbs??

That's what he is listed at there. I found a couple of others that said he was a little over 300 and one that said he was 320. He definitely doesn't look 320.

Tyron Smith was under 290 I believe when we picked him, that sorta worked out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus says the Cowboy people love Kyzir White and might move him to OLB

Says to watch out for Stanford TE Dalton Schultz

Claims DT Maurice Hurst IS on the Cowboy board.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
On another note, I wish the NFL would put the kibosh on all these various people announcing picks.

So many of them are illiterate retards who butcher names or even player's schools, and of course tonight everyone was ripping off Drew Pearson's act from last year.

Vince just might be Lamar Jackon's real dad

[video=youtube;RQ028w6SAVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ028w6SAVg[/video]

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did he really just announce Miles Austin as "one of the Cowboys great all time wide receivers"?! Little early to be day drinking at work...

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Broaddus says the Cowboy people love Kyzir White and might move him to OLB

Says to watch out for Stanford TE Dalton Schultz

Claims DT Maurice Hurst IS on the Cowboy board.

I've seen a few WVU games and White is all over the field. The kid just sticks out on D. He's be a good day 3 pick.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Who did we just draft there? Bollocks to this.
63ba33af094bb80a7f1f700f8e50e6ce.gif

Top Bottom