Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
255d3f33e66f3ef027c7c5fbcf97851b.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wonder if Seattle will take a couple sixth and one seventh round pick for ET. LOL

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wonder if Seattle will take a couple sixth and one seventh round pick for ET. LOL
Yeah, I can't see the Earl Thomas thing happening now. Maybe they'll cut him and we can win the bidding war. I don't see any special TE left. I guess we're going to roll with what we've got.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't see the Earl Thomas thing happening now. Maybe they'll cut him and we can win the bidding war. I don't see any special TE left. I guess we're going to roll with what we've got.

I've long believed our FO thinks we have a pretty much pat hand, personnel wise.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've long believed our FO thinks we have a pretty much pat hand, personnel wise.

It sure as shit seems that way

I fully expected for Jeruh to come out like a big swingin dick in his own house and start wheelin and dealin and trading up

But it appears he’s willing to sit back and take all ten picks as they fall to him

Which is the really scary part because it does lend itself to Jeruh thinking his team is all ready to win the Super Bowl as is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Which is the really scary part because it does lend itself to Jeruh thinking his team is all ready to win the Super Bowl as is.
Yep he thinks the hay is in the barn.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Had to travel for work all week so I missed watching 1st rd on TV last night (kept refreshing nfl.com on my phone to see the picks though)

Have to say I am fairly happy with our 1st two days of picks. I think LVE and Williams are walk in day one starters and vast upgrades over the two guys they are replacing. I think Michael Gallup was a quality get in the 3rd as well, excellent RAC skills and a polished route runner, with bigtime production too.

Would have loved for us to get Earl Thomas, but glad we didn't overpay to get him. Also think it was hilarious that the Eagles thought they were hosing us by trading 1 spot ahead in the 2nd, thinking we were surely taking the TE. Sounds like they were not going to pick Goedert anyway with Williams still there.

Will be interesting to see what they do about TE tomorrow, sounds like it's extremely iffy whether Rico Gathers ever actually sees the field, and with Hanna and Witten both retiring we have a problem at TE. Wouldn't surprise me if we took two TE's tomorrow since we have 7 picks.

Still a number of really good players available, and will be interested in seeing if we get the chance to pull the trigger on Michigan DT Maurice Hurst as well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From Pauline's column today. I dont want LVE or WR at 19 and Vea will be gone so I guess I'll be unhappy Thursday night. And I really dont want a trade up for any of the three. Wasnt that 6-0 smashing of Philly wonderful.

I absolutely don't get the dislike over LVE. Dude is a perfect MLB or this scheme and the way the game is played today.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Holy shit!!! Did the Browns just take Mayfield #1? And Denzel Ward #4? Oh my, did they just fuck up their draft? I like Mayfield but #1 overall?

This surprises you? Of course they fucked it up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rod thinks he's going to make VDE Brian Urlacher 2.0. I think Evans was a better pick. But who knows?

There has to be a reason that Evans continued to refuse to run and do other workout requests, there's also likely a reason Alabama used him as a blitzer so much (read, he probably isn't very good in space)

LVE is absolutely a perfect MLB for this scheme and the modern pass happy NFL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Connor Williams. Interesting.

Really solid value pick there. Insurance at both T spots and will probably start day one at LG and be a vast improvement over Cooper.

A lot of people thought Williams would go in the 20's or 30's, so getting him at 50 is a positive.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Had to travel for work all week so I missed watching 1st rd on TV last night (kept refreshing nfl.com on my phone to see the picks though)

Have to say I am fairly happy with our 1st two days of picks. I think LVE and Williams are walk in day one starters and vast upgrades over the wo guys they are replacing. I think Michael Gallup was a quality get in the 3rd as well,. Excellent RAC skills and a polished route runner, with bigtime production too.

Would have loved for us to get Earl Thomas, but glad we didn't overpay to get him. Also think it was hilarious that the Eagles thought they were hosing us by trading 1 spot ahead in the 2nd, thinking we were surely taking the TE. Sounds like they were not going to pick Goedert anyway with Williams still there.

Will be interesting to see what they do about TE tomorrow, sounds like it's extremely iffy whether Rico Gathers ever actually sees the field, and with Hanna and Witten both retiring we have a problem at TE. Wouldn't surprise me if we took two TE's tomorrow since we have 7 picks.

Still a number of really good players available, and will be interested in seeing if we get the chance to pull the trigger on Michigan DT Maurice Hurst as well.

Sorry you had to work and miss out on the first two days of the draft. You put in a shit ton of work prior to the draft each year and probably look forward to it more than the rest of us

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mike Vick the dog killer: "Jus fo' tha recud, I never lost ta dallas!"

Just proves that drugs do kill brain cells. I guess he forgot about us kicking his ass in 2006 and Ware had one of the highlight plays of his career with a pick 6.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry you had to work and miss out on the first two days of the draft. You put in a shit ton of work prior to the draft each year and probably look forward to it more than the rest of us

That's why the DVR is the greatest invention ever for TV.

I got in after 8ppm tonight and just fast forwarded through commercials till I caught up to the live broadcast.

Top Bottom