icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
another player is switzer

why the fuck does he not play more??

cant hate will mcclay for drafting him. gotta question garrett for switzer's lack of playing time

how long did it take them to figure out that frazier is a lights out tackler??? 2 yrs?

how long did it take them to figure out x woods can make plays close to the line of scrimmage?? prob like 6 weeks.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did we draft those players or not?

Of course. But what does that do to prove your point that we've drafted well when you name 13 or so players and go back 18 years? I can give you an equally horrendous list of Day 1 misses....and I won't even go to Day 2 where we should be drafting for depth and there's no question we lack depth.

Crawford is overpaid, there is no question. But he's been a starter for a number of years and plays at a decent level. Jones has been a starter, up and down level of play and not the playmaking FS everyone hoped he would be, but he has been a decent starter. "Gimp" did start games and will likely be a starter in 2017.

In 48 games Byron Jones has exactly 2 INT's. And Crawford has not played to the level of his salary. Not even close. And I won't even get into the Gimp. A complete waste of a second round pick. Your only argument is that they're starters and that's not a very compelling argument.

About the only area where we have drafted well is OL but mainly in the first round. Chaz Green has been awful for a 3rd round pick. I mean, have we seen worse play from an OL than Chaz Green? What have we gotten from Tapper? Escobar, Street, Wilcox, Webb, Bruce Carter, Jason Williams and the list goes on and on.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes, dallas knows how to draft very well.

Show me. I get it; they've had a good run on OL they took in round one. And you can point to Zek and Dak last year but the jury is still out on them and that includes Zek. Maybe the coaching is just not properly developing guys. But then how do we judge them and make the assertion that we've drafted well when we can't even make the playoffs with a bit of consistency?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Show me. I get it; they've had a good run on OL they took in round one. And you can point to Zek and Dak last year but the jury is still out on them and that includes Zek. Maybe the coaching is just not properly developing guys. But then how do we judge them and make the assertion that we've drafted well when we can't even make the playoffs with a bit of consistency?

i dont watch football i just go off madden ratings :)

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
best answer i have for you dodge is this

i only watch 2 teams: the cowboys and the patriots

theres many cases during cowboys games when i see lack of awareness and being out of position

that does not happen wit hthe patriots

but at the same time watching these games, i can the flashes from the cowboys players every now and then. in the offense's case, the defense already knows their next move. so lots of plays look dead before they even start. no movement pre-snap. its just stale. a peewee coach can scheme a good defensive gameplan vs garrett.

during patriots games, the other team is always playing on their toes. AND the players have unbelievable situational awareness. chasing the football- i.e. stripping the ball carriers, tipped balls, etc. that shit is taught.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
also when i see the patriots making OTHERWORLDLY plays....its only a handful of guys. most of the time, its brady or gronk.

this also speaks to coaching....: edelman. he was a college QB. they morphed his ass into a legit lethal WR. he had talent of course, but what does dallas do w/ shit like that? they make jameil showers a safety. they let danny amendola walk.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Pick: OG Isaiah Wynn, Georgia

Offensive guard is a need for the Dallas Cowboys but maybe not the team's biggest area of concern—that's a toss-up between wide receiver and the defensive line—but the idea of pairing Isaiah Wynn with the current starters is too good to pass up.

Wynn, a left tackle at Georgia, has the perfect build for a left guard and brings excellent athleticism into a scheme that fits his movement skills and length. If fans want to see Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott at their best in 2018, giving them a top-tier left guard like Wynn and rounding out the offensive line is a way to get it.

With no receiver representing a value here and the team placing the franchise tag on Demarcus Lawrence, guard isn't quite the luxury pick as some may see it, but rather a true best-player-available selection.

50. Dallas Cowboys—Derrick Nnadi DL FSU

81. Dallas Cowboys—Simmie Cobbs WR Indiana

116. Dallas Cowboys—Shaun Dion Hamilton LB Alabama

137. Dallas Cowboys—Godwin Igwebuike S Northwestern

171. Dallas Cowboys—Cedrick Wilson WR Boise State

173. Dallas Cowboys—Siran Neal S Jacksonville St

193. Dallas Cowboys—Peter Kalambayi EDGE Stanford

208. Dallas Cowboys—Durham Smythe TE Notre Dame

236. Dallas Cowboys—Michael Joseph CB Dubuque

2018 NFL Draft Thread - Page 24

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
best answer i have for you dodge is this

i only watch 2 teams: the cowboys and the patriots

theres many cases during cowboys games when i see lack of awareness and being out of position

that does not happen wit hthe patriots

but at the same time watching these games, i can the flashes from the cowboys players every now and then. in the offense's case, the defense already knows their next move. so lots of plays look dead before they even start. no movement pre-snap. its just stale. a peewee coach can scheme a good defensive gameplan vs garrett.

during patriots games, the other team is always playing on their toes. AND the players have unbelievable situational awareness. chasing the football- i.e. stripping the ball carriers, tipped balls, etc. that shit is taught.

I'm not going to disagree with you that coaching makes a difference. It absolutely does. But these guys have been playing football their whole life. I think we misjudged Chaz Green badly. He had question marks coming out of college in terms of his love for the game. I don't think that's the type of player Bellichick would draft. The Gimp is another one. The guy had a serious injury and we took a flyer on him in the second round where we needed to find a starter or a major contributor. The same with Gregory.

I'd buy your theory even more if a drafted player left after his first contract and had an impact with another team. How many guys do that? Maybe Church who played on a solid D. But invariably those guys wash out. Escobar went to Kansas City, was released before the start of the season, picked up by Baltimore, released 3 weeks later and is now fighting for a spot with Cleveland. Claiborne gets a one year deal with he Jets where he had 1 INT and 8 passes defended. We never rue anyone's departure after their first contract, at least not that I can think of. This tells me a little something.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
also when i see the patriots making OTHERWORLDLY plays....its only a handful of guys. most of the time, its brady or gronk.

this also speaks to coaching....: edelman. he was a college QB. they morphed his ass into a legit lethal WR. he had talent of course, but what does dallas do w/ shit like that? they make jameil showers a safety. they let danny amendola walk.

A couple of teams let Amendola walk. That's why we get so hyped about Switzer and Beasley. But Brady is going to make a lot of guys look good.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But these guys have been playing football their whole life.
Motivation and respect for the coach plays into the differences icup is pointing out, not the playing experience of professional players. The culture of the team, the expectations.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Would you guys give up our second round pick for Earl Thomas?

On any other team I might not. But knowing how Jeruh likes to gamble with the second rounder I’d rather take ET as a sure thing and not let Jeruh take whatever fucked up chance he plans to take this year

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Motivation and respect for the coach plays into the differences icup is pointing out, not the playing experience of professional players. The culture of the team, the expectations.

I understand that. But if a player has an issue with the angles he takes to make a tackle, that's not something he picked up in the NFL. I'm not sure any culture can make Chaz Green a serviceable OL. Or make the Gimp walk without a limp. Or make Randy Gregory swear off off weed.

We've not drafted well, regardless of where you folks put the blame.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I understand that. But if a player has an issue with the angles he takes to the tackler, that's not something he picked up in the NFL.
Getting sloppy and/or lazy and not keeping your knife sharp comes from what's allowed in the organization.
We've not drafted well, regardless of where you folks put the blame.
Granted that if the knife isn't sharp to begin with it should stay in the drawer. Unless of course you're Belechick, who is known to sharpen knives very well.

I among all you know am the first to point out our overall talent is mediocre.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Would you guys give up our second round pick for Earl Thomas?
Nope. He wants out of there and the talk was he and Wagner dont along. I think that stunt he pulled after the game was an obvious attempt to facilitate that. I'd offer a 3rd and a 5th and wait it out.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chaz green looked good spot starting for smith then they moved him to lg and fucked him all up.

Jerry takes his risks, and in spite of that old fucking nutjob, dallas still manages to have some really solid players. The talent failures are not on draft day, they are on the other 362 days of the year

Get these young kids some mentors (sanchez, mincey, lee)

Get them in an environment that holds each other accountable (players all show up for meetings on time and do not mis curfew)

Someone have balls to control players on the sideline who everstep their bounds (dez, hardy)

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another example of an amazing opportunity

Richard new d coordinator

Thomas on the market

Dallas w a young talented seconday in dire need to vetern safety help/leadership

Pay goodell the $2 million and Make this trade happen you drunk asshole !!!!

Top Bottom