2018 NFL Draft Thread - Page 16
Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Draft Thread

1. Back To Top    #226
    I think when Marinelli looks at guys like Va Tech's Edmunds and Boise St's Vander Esch he's going to have some flashbacks to what his defense looked like with Brian Urlacher at MLB. Tall, lengthy MLB's with athletic ability and tremendous range, who could get incredible drops and really clog up those seam throws. If you got one of those guys maybe you move Jaylon Smith to OLB (eventually taking Lee's spot at WOLB) but for the interim you could get all 3 on the field on base downs.
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

2. Back To Top    #227
    By the way if this scenario played out and us having extra picks to play with, moving up to nab Nelson if he slips that far will not hurt my feelings. He's probably the best player in the draft if you take position out of the equation, and is probably a lock to be a 10 yr probowler.

An interior OL of Nelson/Fred/Martin with a healthy Tyron Smith at LT and another yr of RT Collins would be overwhelming.

3. Back To Top    #228
    This should be fun

Polling 2018 draft prospects: Which NFL coach do you prefer?

By Chase Goodbread
    College Football 24/7 writer
    Published: Feb. 13, 2018 at 10:23 a.m.
    Updated: Feb. 13, 2018 at 10:29 a.m.

We polled 20 prospects from the 2018 NFL Draft class last month at the Reese's Senior Bowl on various football related questions that, collectively, provide some insight into how the NFL's incoming talent views the game's teams, coaches and players. This week, we'll publish the poll results. Today's poll question:

Which NFL coach would you most like to play for?

Perhaps it's his five Super Bowl rings as a head coach, or the unreal consistency with which the New England Patriots win year after year. Or maybe it's his -- ahem -- always-entertaining rapport with the media. Whatever the case, Bill Belichick was the choice of the prospects polled. While he hasn't coached an NFL game in 10 years -- before Senior Bowl players were even in high school -- Jon Gruden finished tied for second, along with Sean Payton and Mike Tomlin. Being a popular TV personality, clearly, has its advantages.
    Full poll results (votes):

Bill Belichick, Patriots (4)
    Jon Gruden, Raiders (3)
    Sean Payton, Saints (3)
    Mike Tomlin, Steelers (3)
    Pete Carroll, Seahawks (2)
    Dan Quinn, Falcons (2)
    Jason Garrett, Cowboys (1)
    Bill O'Brien, Texans (1)
    Sean McVay, Rams (1)

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

4. Back To Top    #229
    I don't think a LB from Boise State will get the Jerryworld crowd buzzing on draft night

5. Back To Top    #230
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    This should be fun

Polling 2018 draft prospects: Which NFL coach do you prefer?

By Chase Goodbread
    College Football 24/7 writer
    Published: Feb. 13, 2018 at 10:23 a.m.
    Updated: Feb. 13, 2018 at 10:29 a.m.

We polled 20 prospects from the 2018 NFL Draft class last month at the Reese's Senior Bowl on various football related questions that, collectively, provide some insight into how the NFL's incoming talent views the game's teams, coaches and players. This week, we'll publish the poll results. Today's poll question:

Which NFL coach would you most like to play for?

Perhaps it's his five Super Bowl rings as a head coach, or the unreal consistency with which the New England Patriots win year after year. Or maybe it's his -- ahem -- always-entertaining rapport with the media. Whatever the case, Bill Belichick was the choice of the prospects polled. While he hasn't coached an NFL game in 10 years -- before Senior Bowl players were even in high school -- Jon Gruden finished tied for second, along with Sean Payton and Mike Tomlin. Being a popular TV personality, clearly, has its advantages.
    Full poll results (votes):

Bill Belichick, Patriots (4)
    Jon Gruden, Raiders (3)
    Sean Payton, Saints (3)
    Mike Tomlin, Steelers (3)
    Pete Carroll, Seahawks (2)
    Dan Quinn, Falcons (2)
    Jason Garrett, Cowboys (1)
    Bill O'Brien, Texans (1)
    Sean McVay, Rams (1)

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.
    Wait, what? Somebody actually wanted to play the red headed genius? You can scratch the future wanna be country club member off the list.

6. Appreciation ThoughtExperiment appreciated this post
  7. Back To Top    #231
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Wait, what? Somebody actually wanted to play the red headed genius? You can scratch the future wanna be country club member off the list.
    dont hold your breath

i picture the response from the player as "whoevers coaching the cowboys" and totally unrelated to the clapping peckerhead on the sidelines

8. Appreciation Dodger12 appreciated this post
  9. Back To Top    #232
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    I don't think a LB from Boise State will get the Jerryworld crowd buzzing on draft night
    He's probably going to blow it up at the combine and he is coming off a really good season. He could definitely warrant 1st rd consideration I think when all is said and done (maybe not here, but by somebody for sure)

10. Back To Top    #233
    I'm worried that Jerry will be compelled to make a sexy pick (WR) or do something sexy like trade up 10 spots to appease the locals.

11. Back To Top    #234
    I'm worried that Jerry will be compelled to make a sexy pick (WR) or do something sexy like trade up 10 spots to appease the locals.
    There are a handful of players I'd support us moving up for (depending on cost) and we are likely to have 4 extra picks this yr (comp picks, and they can be traded for the first time ever)

That said, the best thing they can to appease the home crowd is use the picks wisely and really restock the roster. They've been drafting better for the most part for several years now, and with them not really wanting to use free agency much then really doing well on draft day is essential to having a good team.

12. Back To Top    #235
    I can't imagine a scenario with the draft being in Dallas where Jerry sits patiently and waits for the Cowboys turn to make picks.

Wishful thinking on my part maybe but I could see them adding a free agent or trade (Earl Thomas?) the week leading up to the draft as well.
    2018 Free Agent Targets:
    Justin Ellis, DT, Raiders (Age 26, 6'2", 355 lbs)
    Kyle Fuller, CB, Bears (Age 25, 5'11", 190 lbs)
    De'Anthony Thomas, WR/KR, Chiefs (Age 24, 5'8", 176 lbs)
    2018 Draft Targets:
    Taven Bryan, DL, Florida (6'5", 293 lbs)
    Kyzir White, S, West Virginia (6'3", 212 lbs)
    Koron Crump, LB, Arizona State (6'3", 218 lbs)

13. Appreciation ThoughtExperiment, theoneandonly appreciated this post
  14. Back To Top    #236

15. Appreciation dbair1967 appreciated this post
  16. Back To Top    #237

17. Appreciation dbair1967 appreciated this post
  18. Back To Top    #238

19. Back To Top    #239

20. Appreciation theoneandonly, dbair1967 appreciated this post
  21. Back To Top    #240

Members who have read this thread: 41