bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Then they are even dumber than I gave them credit for.

They have two teams ahead of them. If they want a SPECIFIC guy, then they did little to change the potential outcome.

They're probably gambling that Barkley is going one or two. If they love two of the four premiere QBs in this draft, then they're guaranteed to get at least one of them. I agree that they should have waited till draft day to pull the trigger.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
three seconds, actually. they were obviously worried that rival Buffalo was gonna jump them. this also proves that they don't rate all the QBs equally. they must have someone particular in mind.

Probably the scatter armed Josh Allen to deal with the wind in New Jersey. 56% NCAA passers always get better in the NFL, right?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Solid prospect, glad to see he is on our radar.

I am with Dbair on this player. Scouts are talking him up and he will slide to guard in the NFL. Weird Nevada will have another OL go high in the draft. Bitonio is one of the more under rated play players in the league and they are actually talking about him taking over for Joe Thomas at LT.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lot of oline and wr interest from dal already. 2 olinemen and 1 wr are top 30 official visits. Somewhwre around 60% of all draft picks in the last ~5 yrs have also been official visits

And theyve met w hernandez a million times

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They're probably gambling that Barkley is going one or two. If they love two of the four premiere QBs in this draft, then they're guaranteed to get at least one of them. I agree that they should have waited till draft day to pull the trigger.

Yeah I'd have waited till draft day. There's obviously a good chance QB's go 1-2 in some way shape or form. They are then stuck "settling" for the 3rd guy and it cost them 3 premium picks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I am with Dbair on this player. Scouts are talking him up and he will slide to guard in the NFL. Weird Nevada will have another OL go high in the draft. Bitonio is one of the more under rated play players in the league and they are actually talking about him taking over for Joe Thomas at LT.

They think he could play C too. Really versatile kid.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

BTW the comps I have seen on this guy is Dez. So I find this player being one of the 30 allowed visits to be particularly interesting for a few reasons. And no I dont know if he is also a crack baby.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

If that was a Garrett standing there instead of B.B. he would be saying atta boy and clapping

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If that was a Garrett standing there instead of B.B. he would be saying atta boy and clapping

honestly i dont think garrett would even kno what hes looking at

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tony pauline

I’m told it was a huge crowd today for the NC State pro day, and the workout was full of NFL decision makers. Defensive line coaches for the Indianapolis Colts, Arizona Cardinals, New York Giants andCarolina Panthers were just a small fraction of those on hand. Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli was also at the workout.

Times for Bradley Chubb in the short shuttle ranged as low as 4.18, more than two-tenths faster than his combine mark. Chubb looked great in drills and participated in defensive line drills while also doing a few drops into coverage. Bill Belichick of theNew England Patriots, who was on hand for the workout, mentioned to a number of people how impressed he was by Chubb.
Kentavius Street also did drills and looked terrific. He was fast, fluid and looked very athletic. Street timed 4.87 at the combine after weighing in at 280 pounds but strained his hamstring. He recovered well enough to take part in today’s position drills.

Teams love Street’s versatility and feel he can line-up on the edge in a 4-3 and be used as a 3-technique tackle in subpackages. Over the past two days Street has met with the Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers, New York Giants, Indianapolis Colts andDetroit Lions.

Jaylen Samuels was run through both running back and tight end drills and looked terrific, especially catching the ball. He touched 34.5 inches in the vertical jump, which equaled his combine mark. Samuels has met with the New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys and Carolina Panthers since last night.

Defensive lineman Justin Jones stood on just about all his numbers from the combine but did position drills and by all accounts looked incredible. As one scout commented, Jones ability to bend and explode out of his stance was unparalleled all day. Over the course of the past two days Jones has met with theNew York Giants, Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, Los Angeles Chargers, Detroit Lionsand Indianapolis Colts.

Nyheim Hines was another who looked explosive and displayed his sheer athleticism on pro-day. Hines posted a 10-foot-2-inch broad jump, timed 4.21s short shuttle and 6.85s 3 cone- marks all better than the one’s he laid down at the combine.

Much of his position drills were run but Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Terry Robiskie until the end when Duce Staley of the Philadelphia Eaglestook over.

Hines, who had lunch with the Los Angeles Chargers yesterday then dinner with the New York Jets last night, also spent one-on-one time with theCarolina Panthers and Cincinnati Bengals. It’s safe to say he’s ensured himself as a second day pick

Guard Tony Adams also met with the Los Angeles Chargers as well as the Baltimore Ravens andPittsburgh Steelers. A standout during practices for the Shrine Game, Adam will slot into the late part of day three.

Finally, underrated linebacker Airius Moore had a solid day. He measured 5116/230 pounds, completed 19 reps on the bench, timed 4.14s in the short shuttle and touched 32 inches in the vertical jump as well as 9-feet-8-inches in the broad jump. Moore, who we have graded just outside of draftable range, met extensively with the Arizona Cardinals.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Probably needs to get into the 9-12 range for us to have a reasonable shot to move up and get him. Worth considering depending on what it costs, especially if we make no other moves at safety.

I think he is a potentially terrific player to add to the defense.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ive been reading more and more ,,

and w guys like honey badger getting no interest from dallas

and byron jones moving back to corner

i think maybe that dallas is ok w/ the db's they have to play close to the line of scrimmage/slot safety (frazier, woods)

but they need to upgrade the center fielder/roaming defender (heath)

does derwin james have the coverage skills required?? he keeps getting the kam chancellor comps. seems like dallas might not be looking at his skill set.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

Updating the Cowboys' draft picks after the trade for Jamize Olawale: No. 19 (first round), No. 50 (second round), No. 81 (third round), No. 116 (fourth round), No. 137 (fourth round), No. 171 (fifth round), No. 192 (sixth round), No. 193 (sixth round), No. 208 (sixth round), No. 236 (seventh round).

Top Bottom