dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Machota is a ****** if he thinks it would cost our 2nd to move up 6 spots. (and get nothing else back)

We'd lose by 100+ pts on that deal. (125 on the chart I am looking at, which equates to a late 3rd rd pick)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Peter King has us selecting DJ Moore at 19, passing on Ridley, LVE and Evans

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
What dont we need on this team?

LB sure its a big need. Safety is another. DL help. And we saw last year the great wall of Dallas is already suffering after the loss of Callahan and going the way of any player or group thats around Garrett long enough. So OL is a need. WR is a need because we really dont know what we have there. TE in the 2nd round? Witten isnt playing forever.

What is this year 8 of the great build and long term dynasty? Riddled with holes like its been infested with termites before the build has even neared completion.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Machota is a ****** if he thinks it would cost our 2nd to move up 6 spots. (and get nothing else back)

We'd lose by 100+ pts on that deal. (125 on the chart I am looking at, which equates to a late 3rd rd pick)

so you think that the cowboys losing on a deal doesnt seem realistic?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
so you think that the cowboys losing on a deal doesnt seem realistic?

I find it hard to believe we'd lose a draft deal that badly, so yeah.

Even the year we traded up for Claiborne, they admitted that one of the main reasons they did it was because the relative cost was cheap.

For us to move up to where Machota suggested should cost no more than a 3rd and maybe a late rounder at worst.

And this morning I was reading from Peter King that the belief is teams will take far less in these trade up deals than years past due to many teams wanting to move down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its entirely realistic if Jerry falls in love with that ONE player to put us over the top.

I think the Johnny Manziel nonsense should put this kind of stuff to bed now.

Jerry isn't making the final calls anymore, otherwise that idiot would have been a Cowboy.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't trade up and don't take a receiver at 19. Take the best remaining LB/S/DT or trade down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus saying the team loves Vita Vea too.

David Irvings' situation may have made DT more of a priority now.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Broaddus saying the team loves Vita Vea too.

David Irvings' situation may have made DT more of a priority now.

As far as I am concerned it always has been. Marinellis fascination with "try hard" guys at the 1T has lead exactly no where. Worst case he ties up multiple blockers, controls the LOS, and stuffs the run. Put Collins at the 3T (hopefully healthy)and see exactly what you have there.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think the Johnny Manziel nonsense should put this kind of stuff to bed now.

Jerry isn't making the final calls anymore, otherwise that idiot would have been a Cowboy.

But the real question is would he be a Calgary Stampeder now? Because we all know Jerry will drill those dry holes until there is an intervention.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Please,no.

We arnt trading our 2nd rd pick to move up in the draft.

I do worry a little that we might trade our 2nd as part of a deal for Earl Thomas though (which I would not do, even though he is a really good player at a position we need a good player at)

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Yeah I saw that. He had a car wreck bad knee injury in HS, leg bent on 90 degree angle kind of thing. Came all the way back which in itself is amazing considering the gimps wasnt nearly as bad and likely will never be the same. Another guy I'd roll the dice on round 4 or later though I havent seen them linked to him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We arnt trading our 2nd rd pick to move up in the draft.

I do worry a little that we might trade our 2nd as part of a deal for Earl Thomas though (which I would not do, even though he is a really good player at a position we need a good player at)

I was originally on board for bringing him in. But I’d rather spend a high draft pick on one of the two top safeties and hopefully get decent production out of him for 4 years on a rookie contract instead of over paying for ET. Although, we will have cap space next season to sign him with both Romo and Dez’s dead money off the books

If we don’t get ET I can easily see Jeruh going on a crazy shopping spree next off season with the extra money

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With how well Cleveland has done at drafting their next franchise QB over the years they might as well use both their 1st and 4th overall picks on QB’s. At least that gives them two chances this year to get it right instead of their annual one shot at it

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With how well Cleveland has done at drafting their next franchise QB over the years they might as well use both their 1st and 4th overall picks on QB’s. At least that gives them two chances this year to get it right instead of their annual one shot at it

They'd still fuck it up

Terrance mcclain

Spectator
Reaction score
As far as I am concerned it always has been. Marinellis fascination with "try hard" guys at the 1T has lead exactly no where. Worst case he ties up multiple blockers, controls the LOS, and stuffs the run. Put Collins at the 3T (hopefully healthy)and see exactly what you have there.

Thank you. There are retards over at cowboys zone who claim the cowboys are fine at DT. They also frequently talk down on vita vea and daron payne. I don't know how anyone can honestly say the cowboys are fine at defensive tackle after this last season

Top Bottom