Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not going to hear anything negative out of Staubach just not in his nature.

Unless he's calling them 'chokers' and "we'll see you in the playoffs."

Exact quote was, "We'll see you chokers in the playoffs!"

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What is very telling about how Aikman feels about Garrett now is what he doesn't say- he literally never talks about him.

Now go back in time to the mid to late 90's, one of the biggest Garrett fans was Aikman, who called him "another coach on the field" because of his knowledge of offenses and defenses. Ernie Zampese and Chan Gailey were both extremely complimentary of Garrett in terms of his knowledge of offenses and defenses as well.

Fast forward to today, and you see Aikman make no comments about him. Proof of "if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all"

I bet if you could get him off the record with no chance of anyone hearing his thoughts, he'd say without question Garrett is one of the worst, if not the worst HC in the league.

So what the fuck happened?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Give me a baseball bat, and a pic of Garrett to attach to said turnip, and I can pretend. And there wouldn't be any squeezing.

How about Coach Toaster?

UIz9lPh.jpg

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Guess he had people fooled even way back then.

That's an understatement. Everything always looks good on paper. I personally think that Aikman only liked it because it was pass-heavy. What QB wouldn't want to pass the ball all game as oppose to handing it off? I certainly do not fault Aikman for being a QB, who likes to pass. It seems to me that Garrett's "game plan" or system simply comes down to doing the opposite of Johnson in regards to running the ball; where Jimmy Johnson would run the ball, Garrett would instead pass, even on the goal line as we've seen. His scheme is pedestrian and predictable, hence why he harps so much on Scratch! Fight! and Claw! and BEAT THE MAN IN FRONT OF YOU. Shifts the blame off of him and onto the players. In his mind his system will always work if the players beat the men in front of them.

Top Bottom