icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LOL

Nobody does drama better than the Cowboys.

nobody-expects-the-spanish-inquisition-gif-11-1.gif

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If he gets suspended again it better be permanently so we never have to have a single discussion about him ever again

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we'll see

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i just wanna type this out again so it sinks in

"...Randy Gregory is scheduled to meet with a league doctor Thursday morning to determine whether he gets a chance to start the season with the Cowboys on Sept. 9 or HE GETS SUSPENDED AGAIN..."

so he got high again and failed another test and now theyre trying to figure out if the doctor will let him say it was a mental health thing to avoid punishment

bank on gregory getting suspended again

paging Rynie.........

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was all for cutting his ass two years ago and why is it we can't get Chaz Green suspended this much??

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Something odd going on here. Today Jerry with the "as far as we know he is playing week one"

Seems strange to me.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's the comment from Jerry:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree

That sounds sorta fishy. Kinda like there could be a suspension looming over his head or something similar

Reaction score
I will say it again. Jerry Jones GM decisions lead to acquiring players that are unreliable (Gregory, Irving, Lawrence, etc.) and unavailable (Lee, Claiborne, Carter, Smith, etc.).

He thinks he's speculating like an oil man. But that is bull (especially him being a oil man speculator). You can not speculate on players that only come cheap because of arrest and suspensions. Neither can you speculate with players with significant previous injuries. Because, You can not get team chemistry or team achievement (playoff runs and Super Bowls) with unreliable and unavailable players.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I will say it again. Jerry Jones GM decisions lead to acquiring players that are unreliable (Gregory, Irving, Lawrence, etc.) and unavailable (Lee, Claiborne, Carter, Smith, etc.).

He thinks he's speculating like an oil man. But that is bull (especially him being a oil man speculator). You can not speculate on players that only come cheap because of arrest and suspensions. Neither can you speculate with players with significant previous injuries. Because, You can not get team chemistry or team achievement (playoff runs and Super Bowls) with unreliable and unavailable players.

Yea but if u can just hit a homerun on those gambles . . . . .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Some of this is b/s hindsight is 20/20 stuff, but that said I think some of the reason drunken GM does this stuff over and over is because he saw the 90's Cowboys win big with troubled players and he thinks they can duplicate that today.

The thing that apparently he STILL doesn't understand despite 22+ yrs of failure is that the reason that worked then (especially 1991-1993) is because Jimmy put the fear of God in those guys. There was no circumventing him and being "enabled" as has been common practice for two plus decades now.

If we had a Jimmy Johnson as HC now, some of these gambles and risks would have probably paid off way more than they have now. But we don't.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
So Gregory relapsed again. What a great way to start the new season.

Top Bottom